Search results for query: *

1. Sunny Beach

Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Does the animation submod work with 3.1? I don't want to risk breaking my game as I'm sort of tired of re-installing.
  2. Sunny Beach

monoolho's Animation [sub]mod for Gekokujo 3.1 [ver. 052]

gebhard001 said:
    I installed and I am getting weird animations.. he either just stands still while attacking or puts both his arms out like he wants to fly. I'm using Geko 3.0 and not 3.1 maybe thats it?

Same issue.

EDIT: Except that I am using 3.1
  3. Sunny Beach

This is troublesome..

AlphaOmega said:
    If you noticed your infantry forming a shield wall, then you've noticed PoP's formations since that's their default formation

Thank you for your help and insight.
  4. Sunny Beach

Is the mod still alive?

Elf said:
    Why did you have to start 2 threads to announce you had a few bugs?  Big deal!

Because I can, and did. If you have a petty problem with it, there's a back button on your browser in the top left.

There's also a jar of ****s I give for your thoughts on it, if you wish to stay.

**** Jar: Current ****s - 0.5
  5. Sunny Beach

This is troublesome..

bobknight said:
    Native does not have formations.

In PoP. a the start of every fight your infantry are automatically in shield wall formation, archers are in ranks and cavalry in wedge. Those are not available in the vanilla game. Sometimes the AI mucks up and you get the walk to the edge bug. This tend to happen to enemies much more often than it happens to you. As I've said, just push 'u' and tell them to stand ground. That will prevent them from running towards the edge. In fact, most weird movements can be fixed by telling your troops to reform. This is not a game breaking bug as the formations are far from useful anyway (i have turned them off in the pop options menu, which is probably why I don't see this bug all that much), the default line formation tend to be the best.

I haven't seen any formations apart from the native "formations" such as spread out, stand closer and such, and those are the ones I use.

Disabling the formations in the PoP options should fix it then? I do notice that my infantry have been forming a shield wall.
  6. Sunny Beach

Bug

Adorno said:
    Sunny Beach said:
    Seems these guys spawned outside of the map.

2i09e78.jpg
    Was this a scene (castle, town etc.) or on a random battlefield?

I remember the opposite direction my camera's facing, there was a dirt ramp leading up to a few huts..and the battle wasn't in a castle/town..so unless the ramdom battlefields have huts and such built in them, then I would assume it was a village battle.
  7. Sunny Beach

Is the mod still alive?

noosers said:
    Sunny Beach said:
    It's nice you see it as complete, but I seem to keep running into gamebreaking bugs. I can't imagine they came from my TweakMB use, as all I've done is edit how much food is eaten and how quickly fief improvements are completed.

First of all, you did not encounter a single gamebreaking bug.
    Secondly, you´d be amazed what you can upset by tweaking around. There´s a reason why anything tweaked, modded or otherwisely modified isn´t officially supported by the PoP team.

You brought it upon yourself. Either do a fresh and new install and start a new save, or learn to cope with the problems occuring and doing a proper troubleshoot run.

And always backup your files and the attached savegames BEFORE you change anything. If you don´t you can wreck the corrupted save all along the install.

As for your tavern sound problem, apply a search and check the support thread. This problem has occured in the past and solutions have been presented. Also check the files manually wether or not they sound correctly and your machine is able to play them.

Now some explanation:

Prophesy of Pendor started a long time ago for Mount and Blade 1.011 as a project of Saxondragon alone (who´s a veteran in the IT industry and now focus and teaches game development, behold his newest project!).
    The result of this ambition was PoP 1.21 which was an amazing mod around at it´s time. Still, it was a one man concept/work and as such limited. However, it attracted quite al ot of attention of silent, genuis, noisy and cantankerous people who became involved.

The team grew and it resulted in PoP 2.62 or something like that, till Warband came out. And with Warband came a cartload of new possibilities.

So rather than porting over, it was redone for Warband mainly under the guidance of the WB lead programmer Mad Vader and Fawzia-dokhtar-i-Sanjar, which ultimately resulted in PoP 3.611.

See the full credit lists if you´re interested in it, either in the stickified threads here or your manual in your game folder.

So while SD is the father or PoP and main developer, the whole thing and present version is the result of quite a lot of people, of a rare and enthusiastic team. Mad Vader coded large parts of it and quite a few things uniquely for PoP and is probably one of the three or five people (check credits and look up the lead coders) actually understanding how the game works and why it´s a certain bad idea to tweak this or that on your own.

And apart from that probably foaming by reading your complainment about "troublesome gamebreaking bugs". At least I would if I was him. Because I´m pretty sure that most of PoP´s real gamebreaking bugs have been discovered long before you ever played this mod and hunted down and became extinct even before we had the opportunity to locate them doing extensive betatesting.

Yes, SD is the head.
    And keep in mind he´s a hard working man with a family, interests and hobbies, something called real life. As such, time becomes a limited resource and needs to be spent wisely.

MV is responsible for most of PoP3.61:WB´s programming and has unique knowledge concerning PoP´s code. He was one of the two main forces behind the port to Warband.

You're a bit too sensitive. I don't care about their life issues, as I don't know them. I just wanted to know if it's still being worked on.

I don't care about the history of the mod either.

I have manually listened to the ambiance files and they still sound pretty bad.

TweakMB creates a backup for me, so I'll just apply that and see if my GAMEBREAKING bugs are fixed.
  8. Sunny Beach

This is troublesome..

bobknight said:
    I have never encountered the first bug. Might be something to do with your battle size/ map size. I know you can tweak the size of the maps via one of the programs and sometimes if you set it too large/too small the units behave funny.

The second bug is probably because you lost too many units in respects to your relative strength. It could also be a visual bug that I've encountered once in a while(most due to retreating in the middle of a fight and going back in).

Third is an AI bug. hit 'u' right after you spawn and then set your units to hold. This bug is related to the formations and the AI's attempt at trying to always face the enemy in formation. It happens less if you do not use the various built in formations.

None of these are 'game breaking' though. I'm not sure what you are refering to. Things that crashes the game/corrupts saves/makes you stuck in certain scenarios are 'game breaking', but having your troops march into a corner once every few fights is only a minor inconvenience. 

Keep in mind that you can always walk to the edge of the map, retreat and then come back in to reset the battle field. you can hit 'tab' to retreat without penalties if your armies are not close together. That should fix nearly all of the in-battle glitches.

Indeed, I find my men not fighting or responding to my orders gamebreaking when faced with rather OP forces.

The morale drop picture shows the enemies deaths, mine were very few, as I have another screenshot that I hadn't showed with my losses, and my only loss was a wounded companion . I decided to health cheat and deal with everyone myself.

I continued afterwards and only saw it happen when fighting the D'sha or whatever their name was. It wasn't just visual, as I was checking party morale afterwards and indeed it was dropping.

It hasn't happened with anyone besides the D'sha fellows.

The only formations are use are native ones, aren't those the only ones?
  9. Sunny Beach

Is the mod still alive?

AlphaOmega said:
    None of the pictures show up in that thread, but the only bug I've had is the tavern sound one.  Other then that everything works perfect, and I've put way more time then I care to think about into the game.  Are you sure you have version 3.611 downloaded, and it's a clean download?

Downloaded latest version today, and applied the hotfix. In the pictures, it shows my men running to the map border the instant the battle begins ( one instance there were a couple of my men outside the barrier outside the map glitchily running around ), my party losing morale ( -31 morale ) when we WIN a battle.
  10. Sunny Beach

Is the mod still alive?

bobknight said:
    Sunny Beach said:
    bobknight said:
    Its mostly on hold. The devs are still trickling in with a bit of update once every few months but we haven't seen anything for a while. As far as i'm concerned the mod is complete and anything new they post is just gravy (3.6 was quite a nice surprise for me. CKO turned out to be a very nice addition to the 'finished' mod).

It's nice you see it as complete, but I seem to keep running into gamebreaking bugs. I can't imagine they came from my TweakMB use, as all I've done is edit how much food is eaten and how quickly fief improvements are completed.

What kind of bugs? I haven't encountered anything game breaking with my copy and I've tweaked the hell out of it.

Check out my " This is troublesome " thread. I feel like more will be getting added to it.
  11. Sunny Beach

Is the mod still alive?

bobknight said:
    Its mostly on hold. The devs are still trickling in with a bit of update once every few months but we haven't seen anything for a while. As far as i'm concerned the mod is complete and anything new they post is just gravy (3.6 was quite a nice surprise for me. CKO turned out to be a very nice addition to the 'finished' mod).

12. Sunny Beach

Is the mod still alive?

It seems like there's quite a few browsers at all times, and there being current posts..but I checked, what I'm assuming is the head moderators activity, and he hasn't visited the forums for nearly a month. Is the mod still being worked on? I'm running into quite a few game breaking bugs, and...
  13. Sunny Beach

This is troublesome..

What is going on here.. Men outside the map/gathered Losing morale after we've won? Battle has just begun, guess where everyone's marching? You guessed it!
  14. Sunny Beach

Tournament Sounds?

AlphaOmega said:
    I don't have this problem with tournaments, but I do with the tavern noise.  If I spend to long in there, the laughing/chatting continues over all the other sounds even in battle.

Speaking of tavern noises, is the ambient chatter in there very distorted and "bad signal radio" sounding to others as well? I like the idea, but the quality isn't what it could be..
  15. Sunny Beach

Tournament Sounds?

Anyone know how I can safely remove the arena_loop lines in sounds.txt without my game crashing?
  16. Sunny Beach

Tournament Sounds?

Well, I just removed all the arena lines from sounds.txt . Should work now I suppose.

EDIT: That was a no-go. Crashed on startup...ugh...
  17. Sunny Beach

Reporting In

Loke_Bjorn said:
    Adorno said:
    Loke_Bjorn said:
    Mynyw Fort bugged: Mynyw Fort in the Viking Invasion mode is now like something out of Ghostbusters.. Glowing textures/black textures/etc.. it's been like this for 2 patches now. It really is the best map for Invasion, but nobody knows of it (outside the original players).
    If possible can you (or anyone else) show a screenshot of these ghostly textures?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395411263
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038778781/screenshot/36364062091770684
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038778781/screenshot/36364062091770225
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038778781/screenshot/36364062091767735
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038778781/screenshot/36364062091785604

That should be sufficient, but feel free to ask for further ss (I've got... too many).

I encountered the same problem once, though I didn't go into battle with it. My overworld party icons were black.
  18. Sunny Beach

Tournament Sounds?

They keep bugging, and I have the cheering audio stuck with me wherever I go, een if I turn my sound/music all the way down, it keeps going. I have to restart my game every time this happens. How can I stop it?
  19. Sunny Beach

v1.04

Kilaeil said:
    Haha.

I wonder....are many people still playing native warband

Pfft..I'm sure most people haven't played Waband for native in years..the mods are what makes the game great after all.
  20. Sunny Beach

Direct-X 7

kalarhan said:
    Sunny Beach said:
    I couldn't find anything that tells me the reason why there is no DX7. I just don't understand, is it impossible for DX7? Every other mod supports DX7, so what does this DLC have which makes it impossible?

better graphics :XD

better question is: why would you want support for a 15 years old tech? DX11 is 5 years old. Why dont you ask about it instead?  :razz:

DX9 is 2002-2008 tech, the era of Mount & Blade engine.

And Bannerlord seens to be D11 by the looks of it

I'd like it because Warband has always had DX7, as have every mod, and I only see it as laziness not to support it with this DLC.  I don't care about graphic quality, I care about the best possible performance. This is not Bannerlord, and is built on the " era of M&B engine ", so there is no explicit reason for abandoning DX7.
Back
Top Bottom