Search results for query: *

• Users: kiarj
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. kiarj

League of Legends: Players lists

Because you asked for it, and I'm too lazy to check everything up myself, this is a thread for the players of LoL to find one another. Just jolt down your info here and I'll update the OP with everyone. North Americuh 1- Kiarj Summoner's name: Morkei Phgmn Level: 30 Main Champs: Akali, Wukong...
  2. kiarj

E.V.O: Rise of the Star Children

Game based on the bajillions other thread like this, this time with rules. This is the serious, very loosely based on fantasy science one, if you came here for the Monzy one, check out "Civilization: Rise of the soapmen" Polls will tipically be opened for a day or so, unless heavy traffic is...
  3. kiarj

Piss off the poster above you

I know this is a dangerous little game, but I wondered just how well we know each other's pet peeves. The game is very simple: Say something in your post that will piss off the poster above you, be it heartfelt or not. Obligatory Example: Poster1 (An active feminist): Blablargbla etc...
  4. kiarj

Boffer Halberds and Pikes

Hey I've recently been appointed as the captain of a +-15 men group at a medieval&renaissance battle event. Everybody use safe well-made boffers that must be accepted by a panel of judges as correctly weighted and of correct length. My question is this: should I have my boys equipped with...
  5. kiarj

Chick!

Jack Chick! Extreme fundamentalist and complete dellusional, my god are his tracts entertaining. Did you know that playing DnD actually leads to DARK MAGIC SPELLS? http://www.chick.com/catalog/tractlist.asp Thought you guys would like him  :P
  6. kiarj

Wikipedial Pursuit!

Yeah, I know, name sucks. You probably already know this game, but for those who don't, here: Poster A links an article on Wikipedia. Poster B then clicks on links on that article's page and see how many clicks it takes to get to a certain topic. Traditionally, because we're children inside...
  7. kiarj

Technological singularity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity In basics: Good claims that once we create a machine smarter than us, it will then create a machine smarter than itself, which will than create another one and so forth. This will cause an explosion of intelligence in which the human mind...
  8. kiarj

Halberd+Shield?

Is it possible to wield some variation of an halberd one-handed? And if so, any manuals on the subject you know of?
  9. kiarj

Force of nature vs Might of men

Picture this situation: A dismounted knight is walking on a path that goes trough a forest. His army is on the other side and waiting for him. Suddenly, a grizzly bear appears and a confrontation ensues. The knight is dismounted, well-trained and armored in some form of heavy plate, let's say...
  10. kiarj

Those stoopid, stoopid lasting impressions

So I was discussing with my fiancee and I saked why one of her friends seemed to hate me so much. The answer completely threw me off: The thing is, I went to a larp where I first met the guy and both our characters got involved in a big scale feud. I worked as a double agent and ended up...
  11. kiarj

The Last Days

...of a Condamned Man, by Victor hugo. I managed to get puzzled on a particular moral issue concerning that book, but it doesn't have anything to do with its content. This here is a book I need for Litterature Class. The version we're proposed to buy is a hardcover costing around 35 CAN...
  12. kiarj

How educated are we?

After realizing the profound discussions that happen on the forum, I'm beginning to wonder exactly what kind of litterates spend their time here. Personally, I'm on my way to the university.
  13. kiarj

My Soulmate is Better than Yours!

Hey, now before I sound like a boasting idiot (Yeah, I know) let me explain that this thread is not about me at all. It is about my fiancee. It is also about yours! It is about your girl, your guy, your special someone that makes your heart beats. Come here and tell us something that makes your...
  14. kiarj

12 Powers, a try at a new NES

Inspired by Sushiman's Round the World, and iamahorse's NESsing, here comes a relatively simple take. The setting is a fictitious middle-age, where none but 12 powers exist on a physically boring world. Very little water and almost evenly distributed terrains are the norm. Here, you can take...
  15. kiarj

Let's play(?):Bacronyms

Simple enough, you post one or two words and the next poster has to bacronym it, then post his own word. The backronims suggested can be complete sentences or simple word association as long as they make (even if so little) sense. Punctuation can be placed in the starting word. An example...
  16. kiarj

Which annoys you most?

Okay, we've all seen some people who add a strong, powerful opinion based on nothing but bias. So, which is the worst? Is the Samurai fan-boy who thinks the katana can cut through a tank, or the samurai flamer who thinks they wore bamboo and paper armors? Is it the viking fan-boy who thinks...
  17. kiarj

I cast(ed) Flare!

Hey, I just wanted to know your opinion on the subject. Just ask if I'm being unclear!
  18. kiarj

Medieval troop distribution

Hey I was pondering the other day what kind of armies were seen on most classical battlefields. I already know much about Chinese and Japanese armies, but I'm totally (and sadly) ignorant of other cultures' formations. Hence, this thread. What would be the normal distribution of a 200 to 500...
Back
Top Bottom