Search results for query: *

1. mniezo

Just curious, how many people here (if any) beat the game on 100% difficulty?

Hard settings aren't so hard, basically get a shield and lance as the easiest combo and tgis will keep you above 100% with manual couching amd blocking. From then on, depends on the role play, i love two handers but this game allows all weapons to be mastered in late, so if you put time you get a badass char, flawless armor and you won't be really needing anything other than a bit of knowing how to avoid lances and bolts. I never put anything into horse archery as i'd rather have a view of the battle instead of circling it, but to each his own. Not really hard because of settings, rather hard because it's so cool that it's impossible not to want to join the battles and 10 minutes later you are surrounded by noldor far behind enemy lines  :facepalm:
  2. mniezo

Advice for forming Pendor

I am 90% sure that Right to Rule influences the way other kingdoms declare war on you. The other 10% is not sure but still believes it does. Also, it is actually not impossible at all to recruit lords fast and it even works with lower relations, i think you just had some bad luck in your play throughs Darkdog _13 :smile:

As long as there is a free settlement for them to get (the more the better), then lords with good relations or those with bad relations with their king will join you many times. Taking them prisoner works best in my experience :grin:

Also, i agree to all the rest, starting a kingdom by yourself is so much fun and Ethos and Laria are the best starting choices, as Laria may be defended by Noldors and Ethos has 5 or 6 villages to it, i can't recall now.
  3. mniezo

Advice for forming Pendor

A good, easy way to get a couple of lords on your side from the start is converting companions to lords. Think twice when you do that though, as most of them are much more valuable as companions than lords, some have scum personalities and will betray you, or maybe they are good guys but are much better off training your knights!

4. mniezo

How do you usually play PoP?

I prefer the fast, short games.

Like this quick-pace 2000 days role-play where i lead the Falcons against Gregory with my capital at Falcondark. So epic, the extra skeleton at the table was actually a random body named Yrogerg which the psycho queen got to replace Greg until she killed him and the Ravenstern king would take Yrogerg's place... so spooky!!  :ohdear:

And then there's my second shortest game which was a total blood gore commanding the Lions and their even more berserk CKO. 3500 days, at that point i knew what i wanted and i wanted it now, i was aiming for perfect gameplay but time flies when you're having fun. I keep saves from day 300 or 800 just to kill bandits again from time to time on my champion draped red horse!

And then my first gameplay which i enjoyed the most, a save long gone. But i could bet it was much longer than these two above.

And then of course, some 300-500 days saves from an empire halberdier with x-bow or a ravenstern two feet archer type'o guy. But someway, somehow, i always return to a light lance and a fast horse  :roll: :roll:
  5. mniezo

Enterprises and YOU

My shortest pop game was about 2000 days, I get your point but like everything else in pop, every game and build depends a lot on the player's tactics and style :smile:

6. mniezo

Speak for the troops you like

”I will drink from your skull!”

Haggabard, chieftain of the haggabards tribe, when being presented a beautiful skull-shaped glassware collection stolen from Cez

7. mniezo

Most cost efficient early game unit?

What goes for veccavia goes the same for pendor troops. Decent archers and men at arms recruited from all bandit spawns. Very incredibly cheap and efficient are the snake troops too, you can never have enough cobra warriors.
  8. mniezo

Let's talk about weapons

The OP in this combo is not the bow anymore, but the lance. I have played mostly with light lance+shield and only use couching when it is really required. Most of the time, i just stab with my lance and it does an incredible amount of dmg at a range where you can't be hit.

TW is just a fun thing to add to your open slot, but since you are going lance+shield why not use 2xTW? Sure, you won't get 500+ kills in sieges like the bow is capable of doing, but if you wanna play a bit more hardcore, don't do 500 kills out of 1000 army, not even Sauron could do that.

9. mniezo

What's up with bow?

I am playing light lance, shield and one hander. Yes, archery is OP but it is rarely worth it, most fun i had was with a two hander, man when arrows and axes fly and you have no shield.... Nice!
  10. mniezo

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

You gave your own answer: get much better RtR. Lords will follow good relations, RtR and free fiefs available. Easiest way to do this is to get married ^_^
  11. mniezo

Mod taking over my life !

I was worried about this too when i started having casual chats with Lethaldiran. But King Ulric told me to forget this nonsense and get back to work.

12. mniezo

Which unit do you hate the most?

Those Knights of Dawn are some pushy B _ T C H _ S​

M O S  T F Q  H C     

--------
    o      |
    |      |
    /\      |

Recently trying to save bloody fierds from complete extinction, in vassalage for the annoying konigur jackass. Got myself a totally hard to obtain and expensive 80something hero adventurers and loads of companions up to 100. We're a famous company which takes pride in having heretics flayed, so basically we love Astreea, save farmers, hate Man United and you get it, we fight for the general good.

And then there're these stupid guys, who come to purge everything in the name of their godess and always pick a fight with me. Few minutes ago i was fighting Caliph Bahman, plus a mystmountain army, plus the bloody starwars troopers, i mean, serious stuff and then these stupid sheeple come and there's only 4 of them and i can't auto cause they ALWAYS kill a hero adventurer so i have to fight them by myself while my company stands and shoots them with arrows. What the actual funk where they thinking?

Joseph, Smallguy and Karl are camping by the fire. These three Knights of Dawn have purged and purged all day and now needed a rest. The tasty Valonbray fish is cooking slowly, while the wind starts bringing a certain kind of noise to their ears:

- Hey, Joseph, look there, what's that? says Karl, poiting at the large company showing on a distant hill.
    - An adventure company, answers Joseph, worried. They must be hundreds! he continues, have they been purged?
    -'Venture, puuurge, puuuurge growls Smallguy, spit falling on his chin.
    -Are you insane?purged? it's three of us and they are too many! tries to protest Karl with a disheartened look. He always suspected Joseph is a bit crazy ever since he caught him bathing in the lake with his armor still on.
    -No, we must purge them in the name of Astreea! says Joseph, fists clenched, already mounting his horse.
    -Puuuuurge screams Smallboy, spit falling on his chest, charging towards my company
    -But guys... Karls is nervously petting his horse, unwilling to mount it. He had never pet that horse before, he realizes, just fractions of seconds before an arrow from Lethaldiran ends that thought.

Or, worse, it's 40 of them and then i really can't do anything but to charge them and kill them with pretty important loses.

And the only way the KotD will leave you alone is befriending them. Since Valonbray and adjacent castles are important, i often find myself in the situation where our army besieges a castle while i circle them trying to get rid of those illiterate 2-20 pricks instead of camping and reading a good book. And i was saying, all you can do to get rid of them is befriend them. Well, how is that for pushy personalities?

13. mniezo

[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Are you sure? i remember using the runed for a long part in my campaigns and it cut trough armor like it was butter.
  14. mniezo

Breaching the gap

I find it honorable to lead the charges myself and the reason being pretty simple, before everyone gets in place it is the only time when i can just try to outrun the enemy to the gate and then get behind them to the space less defended, with companions following me which is pretty fun when it succeeds 10% of the time it succeeds all the time, cause once your troops charge behind you they will engage and stupid AI will leave you alone. So everybody is busy fighting at the gate while me and Sigi are hunting archers basically and then charging from behind blocking the second wave of reinforcements.

When that doesn't work 90% of the time i just sit back and headshot archers and whatever comes trough your head 50% of the time being an arrow.

As for defences i tried fighting at the gate but i never seem to swing at the rate i get to pierce arrows through skulls so best investment for me is a quiet little corner and a huge pile of bow material. Used to work best for starting kingdoms in Poinsbruck and then raising archery proficiency by hundreds on invading, unarmored armies.
  15. mniezo

[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Runed is totally op for CKO, long range, fast and pierce.
  16. mniezo

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Nikomakkos said:
    Do lords keep their household troops if you tell them to switch their recruitment to your kingdom's culture?

Yep. And i guess in 3.8 they also get KO troops if they own em.
  17. mniezo

Anyone else thinks D'shar Troop Tree is too strong right now?

Yes, more often than not Dshars seem strong in early, because of the overwhelming cav, fast infantry and acceptable archers, many times to the point that i have to vassalage for Empire or Orcs just to save their sorry arses for later, so i can pawn them myself.

But, once the game deepens, i recommend trying a easy little scenario:

Take on a Jatu/Noldor/Serpent army using each factions troops separately. You will notice that Sarleon/Pendor/Empire stand a good chance. Fierds and Raves require good management (and perhaps an understanding of the AI's flaws in desperate situations  :mrgreen:) to manage a win. While the Dshars will kinda let you down. Of course, if you roleplay a Bayazid approach and want to reinstate the eastern empires, you will build some nice really heavily armored warhorses tanks and complete the Dshar destiny, but if you only play factions bare-ass, all troops included be them nobles or not, the balance changes.

Personally, i believe Pendor lines and Empires lines to be complete and the strongest from the player's point of view and leave little room for the imagination, with every top tier unit line being the strongest in its field, xbows, halberds, legionnaires, good archers and stable shields with pierce etc. completed with the outrageous SLCs, Immortals or the OP Pendor noble line respectively.

Tbh, the simple fact that Pendor seems different to most of us speaks about it's well implemented balance. Perhaps in the end it is a matter of luck and style of play.

18. mniezo

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Guys, both the DL link and the Patch link in the main thread actually point to the first version DL link. I found the patch to be actually in SD's uploads, but the link which points towards it is actually buried in the forum and it is this one:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/saxondragon/downloads/prophesy-of-pendor-v381-patch
  19. mniezo

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Excuse my lack of tehnique but both the patch link and the DL link point me in the same direction: to the complete, previous v3.8.003. Am i doing something wrong?
  20. mniezo

[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.8+

So until the other minor issues are fixed, could someone point to a good fix for the loot problem? The game is extremely playable as it is, but sorting trough huge amount of loot makes gameplay a bit grindy. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom