Search results for query: *

1. Hello, where can I dowload the latest?

Hello! I'm looking for a new experiance and Freelancer sounds awesome. I'm having trouble finding a download. Sorry if it is right before my eyes, I've searched now for 10 minutes.
  2. How to animations work?

Hello, I have this question that is really important to me and my progress. Simply, how do animations work? How do they all tie together so nicley and transition smoothly from eachother. Example: I'm running, and now I jump. Between the running and jumping animation there is no cliping, but it...
  3. How to...

Yes! Thanks for all the help!

I did TheMageLords tweak and I launched the game, since it didn't crash I presume it will work.
    Just gotta play a little more and see! Awesome!

What I do wonder though is how TheMageLord can read these numbers and change them to do
    what he wants. To me all I see is A LOT of numbers. Is this what you called compiled code?

Would be cool to be able to go in and understand it. Just don't know how to start.
    I feel like having the Skill to code in one or multiple languages is essential for someone
    who is intrested in modding or even making his own games. I want to earn those skills,
    one day.
  4. How to...

Yeah I'm playing native.

The past weeks I guess, I've been trying to learn C#. It's hard, and even harder it gets when you try and apply what you've learned into editing scripts for games.
    When you open up all the scripts you have no idea how they have thought when they wrote it, or where all the stuff is.

I also like to do 3D modeling, and  texturing and some drawing. I'm really over my head with wanting to learn everything at the same time.
    But, since I'm much better at the 3D and visual stuff I will probably specialize myself in that.

I just wanted to know if there was any quick editing that I could do to have the villages provide recruits depending on wich faction owns them.
    It really ruins the game for me.
  5. How to...

If I join Rhodoks, then I capture a Swadia Castle with swadian villages. I want those villages to become Rhodoks, so I can recruit Rhodoks from them. I hate that when other factions start taking over land all over they mix their troops so you get an army with swadians, saranids, nords, rhodok...
  6. MP Fantasy [WB] Herrâfell Roleplay - Coming December 2014 - Crafting, GUI, Wolves!

This mod will be useless if there isn't a solution to RDM, and how do you plan on getting people to roleplay? Any mod that needs admins to babysit a whole server on 150 players 24/7 is a bad mod, this is the reason why I don't play PW. There is no order in PW, it expects everyone to follow specific server/mod rules, it would be better if the mod had features that stopped people from breaking the rules in the first place or made it easier to follow them. I really liked the ideas that Peasant is doing for his mod called Destiny of Avalon.
  7. Copyright

@jacobhinds

Okay, sounds good.  :smile:
    I guess as long as you're happy with your own mod and there's people who play and enjoy it, nothing else matters.
  8. Copyright

When you have created a mod and you release it, how it is copyrighted? Lets say I created a unique mod with unique features that I came up with and made myself, now I don't want anyone else to steal these ideas to make a similar mod like mine because I want to keep my mod unique. If everyone...
  9. Are new PW maps wanted?

Hello. Just a quick thread to ask if new PW maps are wanted/requested? Mostly so that I know if I make a PW map it will be used or tested.
  10. Nordous' Sceners Guild

I think I AI mapped that scene in like 2 - 3 hours. What I did was that I put the starter face a bit up in the air, and then I extruded and made a large grid, then I pulled ALL the vertices down to the ground shaping it nicley with the terrain. Not sure that was nessecary though now when I think about it, but hey it works. I kinda enjoy putting down AI, because it's like a puzzle and it's fun to see the AI in work aswell. :smile: I wonder how the AI is going to work in Bannerlord.
  11. Nordous' Sceners Guild

I came across some old maps I made for a seige server. These are about 2 years old screenshots, it was way back when I was in GK clan and was mapping there.
    I don't map/scene anymore, even though I find myself to be really good at it. The request for maps isn't as high as it used to be, and I don't feel like people
    appreciate it anymore, since it's such a common thing now that people make maps. I remember when it was just Me and Dave discussing ideas and techniques
    for vegetation, sharing our creativity and people would always get really excited over the new maps. It's not like that anymore.

These are the only castles I have left in my screendump folder:

Heh, this one took me so much time to make, it was a seige map for
    GK_Seige, it never got played though, I didn't want it on the server
    because I thought that it was just too big and people wouldn't
    enjoy it, so despite all the time I put down on it, I trashed it
    for the quality of the server.
    Y4YUhdI.jpg

This one is actually a real life castle wich I made for one
    of the Lords of GK, his family owns or have the rights to
    this castle in real life. Ofcourse I do not remember the name
    of the castle. I remember finding the castle on google maps and
    going into streetview so that I could walk through the castle.
    Y8FXms6.jpg

I like this one, very colorfull and shiny, was also ment for
    GK Seige but I never posted it.
    4oHk6PC.jpg

AI mapping is a @#?!
    vNwEPF9.jpg
  12. Official 3D art thread - Warband

Woah.. thank you! I will try and extrude the kneecaps to give it geometry, or I just leave it like that and keep it in mind for next time.
    I'm doing this amour for practice mostly and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Once again, mad respect! You guys are awesome.

giphy.gif

Update edit: I spend the last part of the night finishing my amour, now I'm going to go eat breakfast.
    I feel like I have accomplishes what I wanted, I learnt so much making this that right now the only
    thing stoping me from making another is that it was very time consuming. I'm very happy I did not
    give up a couple of weeks ago when I thought all hope was lost. Thanks to @SacredStoneHead for
    helping my improving my fabric.

Later, I will be attempting to get this one in-game. Last time I tried that I ended up exploding in fury and then crying a little bit.
    v7NFuCo.png
  13. Official 3D art thread - Warband

This is my first attempt on texuring a model from scratch. I have only made the basic fabric and recently finished my kneecaps, alltough I would like some feedback on them before I go any further. I'm pretty happy over the kneecaps because I made all the textures by hand aswell as the fabric. I personally think the kneecaps don't really pop, it doesn't look like they're 3D, but you know if you don't stare at them too long they actually don't look so bad.  :roll:

I saw the seem now on the leather strap on his right leg, I might put the "belt lock" (don't know what it's called, not even in my native language) there to cover up the seem or do the easy thing and  blend the seem with the smudge tool, I use Gimp by the way. I also practiced on doing cloth folds, wich I succesfully made but then I realised that the straps would be covering the folds on the back of the legs.  :eek:

o2353FM.png

Update (moved the kneecaps down a bit):
    px9HQQx.png
    From distance:
    nEAuGRi.png

By the way @Reyne, that is awesome... mad respect! I'll be as good as that someday.

@Volkonski That is a very nice design, I find it hard to make low poly models to be honest, I think it's and art itself to be able to make low poly models. If I make a sword, and I look at someone elses sword, I have twice as many polys as the other sword, and the other sword still looks better then mine. I think a lot of it depends on who is the better texturer in the end.  :smile:
  14. Official 3D art thread - Warband

giphy.gif

No but okay, I see what you are saying. I kinda quit on my model now, I uv unwrap it, everything is fine but one of the straps on the back side is like all crubbled up in the uv image, and I did the same seam cutting as I did with the other strap wich came out perfect.  :shock:

pwHjroP.jpg

I can't find the issue and that is really frustrating.  :sad:
  15. Official 3D art thread - Warband

SacredStoneHead said:
    Oliver Qvist said:
    Is that easier? and is it do-able in Blender 3D?

You shouldn't be questioning 'easier' when your aim is to become good at something.

And yes, you can do it in Blender 3d, Google is your friend.

If there is a easier way to do normal maps, why should I be doing it the hard way? I think often knowing the easy and effective way means you are experianced and good at what you do, while a beginner would do the first obvious thing that he read on WikiHow.
  16. Official 3D art thread - Warband

Is that easier? and is it do-able in Blender 3D? If so I will have to find a tutorial on that. I've started on my Roman Shield now. Just finishing up the straps on the backside of the shield.
    I'm using this design as guide line, not going to copy it completley, I think the backside will be the same material as the front side, and I'm gonna make my own Eagle Wings design on the front.
    Decorative_Roman_Shield__37385.1405340176.1280.1280.jpg
  17. Official 3D art thread - Warband

SomeRandomTiger said:
    First time doing 3d'ing in a while so I decided to start with something rather simple.

Vp5Crsq.png

Wow... teach me!!! I always screw up the normal maps that I make in Crazy bump, but just the plain texture I can make. I actually just bought a $60 Trust drawing tablet because I'm decided that I'm going to get good at something now, and that is 3D modeling and texturing. The problem with me is that I can't come up with something to model, and I have hard time making a model only for practice. Okay, but now I'm pumped to make another model, think I'm gonna be making a Roman Sheild. This thread is great for inspiration and motivation!
  18. Official 3D art thread - Warband

This is a 2 hander.
    Okay, so I have had quite the journey today.
    I've texured for real in gimp, I've used crazy bump and atleast I think it noticeable on the texture.
    I've been trying for the past 4 hours to get the sword in-game but it was just to messy and to many
    things that didn't play out properly so i've given up. I downlowed OpenBrf and converted texture to .dss.
    I stoped at the "Copy Frame" and Paste Rigging to my model. The tutorial I had been following was outdated
    to OpenBrf. And then after that I would need to change abunch of text and code... just too much.
    Is it always going to be these many steps to get a weapon into the game?  :neutral:

I'm happy with the model though, even though the leather on the handel kinda looks like wood, but it is
    the best I've done this far. Believe it or not it is really hard to find tutorials, even if there is a 1000 of them only a few
    are going to have the information you need.  :shock:

Anyways! That is enough modeling for me for atleast a week, need to focus on other things. I think I will just go back
    too what I'm good at already, wich is mapping and sceneing.  :roll:

wXzotA2.png
  19. Official 3D art thread - Warband

What is best way to make texture for the blade of a sword? how did the developers make it in warband? what should I think of when texturing a sword that I am going to use in warband?
  20. Official 3D art thread - Warband

I solved it. The problem was that I was using Maya controlls as Im used to maya controlls. though it was glitchy so now I have just switched to defualt blender controlls, its gonna be really hard to get used too.

On another hand. I have now finnaly been able to Uv map my sword. Now I just need to hand paint it on monday. I am wondering if I hand paint metal on the blade of my sword, will it give a nice reflection in-game? The sword is for warband. Or do I need to take a photo realistic picture?
Back
Top Bottom