Search results for query: *

• Users: SoTAL
  • Order by date
  1. SoTAL

Any mods for this yet?

Does anyone know what I have to copy to get the native pictures on menus and such into PoP? I REALLY like the vanilla look, it's amazing :grin:
  2. SoTAL

Regarding manhunters.

I've noticed Floris seems to have A LOT of Manhunters for some reason, far more than vanilla. Kind of gets annoying when they wipe out all the juicy bandits. :/
  3. SoTAL

Estimate

Damn, I was hoping to play 2.5 a bit before Skyrim comes out, thank you for the quick reply though.
  4. SoTAL

Estimate

Does anyone have an inkling as to when 2.5 will be released? I've modded myself and I know it's not an exact science and that it all depends on how much the author feels like working on it and such, but could someone give me a general approximation of when it'll be released? Thanks in advance.
  5. SoTAL

Town auto-recruit : a weird and chaotic tool !

Caba`drin said:
    The town recruitment menu works like this:
    Caba`drin said:
    This feature isn't one of my favorites from Custom Commander (it seems odd these troops popping up from nowhere, as compared to the more natural Diplomacy recruiter running around and gathering folks via the Constable), but it works like so:

Every 24 hours, every walled center gets checked for a recruitment plan. There is then a randomized chance to get various tiers of troops, with castles much more likely to get high level troops than towns. The number of each troops is also randomized, from a minimum of 2 or 3 and the highest tiers to a max of around 20 at the lowest tiers.

Regardless of the tier or the number, you always pay the same amount.
    Caba`drin said:
    Now will recruit your kingdom's troops if you are a vassal of a kingdom, or will recruit your custom culture's troops if you have set your own culture once you are your own sovereign. If you have your own kingdom but haven't set a culture, it SHOULD recruit the troops of the fief's original faction.

You can manage this and turn it off, of course by removing money I believe.

Lol exactly. Simply don't invest any money and nothing will happen as far as I know.
  6. SoTAL

Whats the biggest city garrison size you've seen?

This is open-source, so shouldn't be too hard to fix..
  7. SoTAL

ETA on 2.5?

Good to know that 2.5 is on it's way :smile:
  8. SoTAL

Bug Reports and known issues v2.4

rajat999999 said:
    rajat999999 said:
    i havent noticed bank XP yet... although my level is 40 so i might have missed it.
    I will report this thing if it happens ...

Hii yeah i also gained 6745 experience when i got my interest...
    ... hopefully u guys can fix this soon.  :grin:

Also i am taking screen shots of all naked lords... but that means i have to attend all feasts... will try to make list... cya

xD
  9. SoTAL

Quiver Size

timetogetaway said:
    Well I generally never use archers to attack during sieges--well not melee per say (rhyme!) I think they act as archers and you just command them to stand and shoot at men in the ramparts. They're automatically unmounted at the start of sieges if that's what you're worried about?

I always put some swadian archers outside in sieges. They sometimes kill more men then the melee units, so it's quite effective so long as the archers are a high-tier unit.
  10. SoTAL

This mod is AWESOME.

Duh said:
    slyspy said:
    I like many features of the mod but it shares two flaws of Native which I don't like. One is the great distance between towns, which means alot of time consuming but pointless traipsing around, especially as a merchant. Secondly, and this combines with the first, is the lack of encounters and action unless (even if?) you are a member of a faction, especially at low levels when the mobs you can beat give pathetic loot. All in all the start of a game is a boring grind and although I could "cheat" it strikes me as missing the point.

Try holding strg+space for faster travel (i think).

He does make a valid point though, and it'd be really cool if we could have more encounters/tows and whatnot implemented.
  11. SoTAL

Regenerate Health

Flamers, away with ye!  :cool:

Gief regenerating health.
  12. SoTAL

Polished Landscapes and tweaks

Does Polished Landscapes and the tweaks from http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61735.msg1597226.html#msg1597226 thread work with this mod or have you changed too much within the filestructure for them to edit the right things? EDIT: Oh, and when will you release the module system...
  13. SoTAL

Expanded Bugfix Patch 2.41a

Caba`drin said:
    SoTAL said:
    Good work, too much source file tweaking for me to use though :sad:
    (I'm assuming you've modified your own source and aren't talking about just playing...because the main downloads are .txt files--just to be sure no one gets confused.)

WinMerge should help you sort the differences out, or even the compare tool in Notepad++ for that matter. Also, I marked almost every line/area of changed code with ##BUGFIX

Define "almost". Which parts didn't you comment? Adding it in and want to know if I'm missing anything.
  14. SoTAL

Does the "String a banner to your back" option work at all? It doesn't seem to affect anything, not for companions or myself.
  15. SoTAL

I just played while having my camp entrenched, and I got the one with the river and the bridge. Against 500 forest bandits, they ALL decided to go through the river instead of over the bridge, which is hopefully unintentional.
  16. SoTAL

Expanded Bugfix Patch 2.41a

Caba`drin said:
    SoTAL said:
    Good work, too much source file tweaking for me to use though :sad:
    (I'm assuming you've modified your own source and aren't talking about just playing...because the main downloads are .txt files--just to be sure no one gets confused.)

WinMerge should help you sort the differences out, or even the compare tool in Notepad++ for that matter. Also, I marked almost every line/area of changed code with ##BUGFIX

I've extensively modified the source, yeah. I'll probably just use Notepad++ to add the fixes like you said, that's what I use for modding the .py files anyway.
  17. SoTAL

Regenerate Health

Duh said:
    Well to keep this realistic, we would have to actually do the opposite - draining your health after you are wounded  :razz:

We wont do that - no worries :wink:

Way to turn it around :razz:

Anyway, I've been looking around in mission_templates.py a bit, and I the only thing I can find from general searches is the the cheat to get full ammo. Anyone care to enlighten me as to where it is? :wink: Scratch that, I'm retarded and it was right in my face. Too much of a cheat for me though, was thinking more of a kinda balanced thing that slowly regened your health when out of combat.
  18. SoTAL

Simple codes and Banners <-- vote here

Duh said:
    Well we will certainly add any contributions made to our submod topic and if they prove to be popular, they will end up in the pack itself.

@Sotal: Do you have any banner packs you enjoy? Try posting them in the suggestion sticky and they might be added.

Cool, I'll see what I can find.
  19. SoTAL

Caba`drin said:
    SoTAL said:
    Not sure if this is intentional or not, but if you defend in an entrenched camp you get no reinforcements, but the enemy does?
    From what I can tell in Tempered's code, that is not the intention. You're sure you were due reinforcements? (Your whole party hadn't already spawned?)

It happened a few times, and I had only half my party in the battle already, so I was hoping for reinforcements :/. I'll re-check just to be sure, but I'm quite certain of it, as I remember it annoying me several times.
Back
Top Bottom