Search results for query: *

1. Calathar

How Many people want MALE ONLY LORD in Bannerlord?

I never said it was factual, I was just making a comment, no need to get hostile
    I'm far from being hostile, I'm straight to the point :smile: there has been discussions like this from the very beginning, and it's always someone using an argument about 'realism' not taking cultural/religious aspect into consideration. For all we know, Calradian religions can be about sex equality :wink:
  2. Calathar

merging death with births??

had a long hiatus with this game, just re-installed it and.... who had such a bright idea to merge these two options (deaths in battle and births)? and 10%?? Are you forcing players to save scum? Did TW gave any reasoning behind this merge or did they, as usual, ignored the issue? Because I...
  3. Calathar

How Many people want MALE ONLY LORD in Bannerlord?

I am not a good historian but I think in these times female lords were rare, so not sure if TW wanted realism after Warband or just over reacted to diversity issues
    there are no 'these times', Banerlord is fantasy. Sex roles are based in culture and/or religion. Since we don't know anything about this world religions, we cannot assume it will be like with our world main religions - extremely patriarchal.

Anyways, I don't want such feature. Leave it with mods.
  4. Calathar

1.41 auto simulation

well, cavalry based armies should have it hard during sieges. Wouldn't call it a 'nerf' it's just bit more realistic.
  5. Calathar

Bannerlord is mis-advertised by the devs on Steam (yes, even taking into account Early Access)

197hrs here. Few crashes, but these still happen. Still massive memory leaks issues forcing me to restart game or even my PC every so often. And the absolute lack of contecnt and TW instead contsantly balancing same things over and over. it's not a disaster but certain peiople should stop orgasming over TW's creation. If TW deserve criticism, they should get it. And they do deserve some criticism with this one.
  6. Calathar

Lance couching seems useless right now.

I think it is related to the fact that this game is supposed to be set in dark ages/early middle ages equivalent, and while lances were common, what you guys are refering to with the lenght and way of combat, is more late middle ages. I couch lance anyways as I like doing 600 damage to enemy footmen. For other riders - I would use lances with LMB :wink:
  7. Calathar

For all those who think the Lord execution is totally fine and shouldn't be changed because it's 'realistic'

1. They stared fighting after having an argument. Both were armed. You are just showing a vision from the movie, which is not the case.
    2. the only KNOWN example of large scale executions is actually Agincourt. The other prominent figure murdered after being captured was Earwig , elder half-brother of king Edward the Confessor and claimant to the English throne. These things happened but on Kingship level. In feudal times, your king was the law, you were just a vassal. If you wanted to eliminate someone, you would keep then in the tower for decades (like Charles of Orleans),coerce them into singining treaties and then ransom afterwards (like Charles the Blois or John II of France). Please give me actual examples of nobles executing other nobles on a whim (and other than Agincourt). In almost ALL cases, there would ransoms. Nobles that couldn't pay their own ransom? Highly unlikely. Noble Knights were middle ages equivalents of millionaires or even billionaires my friend.
  8. Calathar

For all those who think the Lord execution is totally fine and shouldn't be changed because it's 'realistic'

I`m sorry, did he not end up being king despite killing a guy in a church ? If anything, I think the movie actually exaggerates the consequences of that act... Realistically there were probably none. He was excommunicated? I`m sure he could barely sleep at night just thinking about it...

let`s see some examples cause all I see here are romanticised visions of what you see in historical movies...
    1. Robert the Bruce - you are overly simplifying this, mate. please don't. First of all, the whole killing wasn't a murder, it was a duel. Second of all, excommunication was a real threat in middle ages. The only reason that Robert maintained his claim was because his local church authority ignored the papal bull out of fear of being incorporated under English church (they wanted their independence). This was also the case with many other European kingdoms that were fragmented due to early middle ages inheritance laws. Local church was trying to unify such countries and keep them independent to be able to control weak monarchs as opposed to being divided and canibalised by stronger conquerors.
    2. There are myriads of examples. Actually murdering captured nobles was an exception from the rule (Agincourt). There was massive uproar throughout the whole Europe afterwards. granted, Edward could ignore it due to his own power. Now imagine that some 3rd rate vassal (you) executed enemy king after some battle - your own king would want to have a word with you. Habeum corpus was a common occurence in the middle ages, meaning that nobles cannto be imprisoned without valid court varrant. Granted, only king had jucicial authority over nobles, not other nobles. Feudalism had a very strict society. Now if you would be a king and you would be cruel turant that is executing everyone around, sure, you could do it. But then your own vassals couldn't sleep safely as what would stop you from killing them on a whim?

tl;dr - TW should make executions penalties much more severe than they are now. Who sows the wind shall reap the storm :wink:
  9. Calathar

What's Causing Stuttering?

game is poorly optimised, that's the reason. I have massive memory leaks despite having 16gigs of ram and game being on ssd (my ssd is for games). I mean my rig is not the most powerfull ever, but game becomes unplayable after around 2 hrs of fun. Sometimes even forcing me to restart my PC.
  10. Calathar

Aging, death, and children

I mean i don't think he is the only one that dislike this approach. I do not want to play as my son, sorry, and starting to level him up from scratch because he is so pathetically weak. But I dont think it should be switched off. there should be a slider that allows you to drag actual time progress to some extreme values which would make the game closer to Warband's approach.
  11. Calathar

1H Axe and Mace. Need reasons(better stats) to justify use in PVE.

you will get prisoners regarldess of what weapon type your army usus. As for hidden stat - maces should be armour piercing. Like ignoring certain % amount of target's armour. Not using them on my char but if this is not what maces do, they should.
  12. Calathar

Fix Caracter Stats and Perks

we are all horse archers in this game mate. Boring. I hate horse archery. I want to fight with lance. I use it roughly 50% of the time. yet my Polearm is 68 with 3 focus points and bow is 137. Broken progression.
  13. Calathar

Is balancing that important to the single player mode?

the problem with TW chasing their own tail with balancing is that after adding each and every of the missing features, they will revert to balance like crazy again and again. TW seems to lack vision at the moment.
  14. Calathar

Why does the bear head helmet look like a manicured poodle ?

It's very embarrassing, you go into battle just to see the enemy bust into laughter, point at me and yell "Poodle Head!!" My men lose moral when they're near me and when we're out, pretend they're not a member of my party... sigh..

The wolf head helmet looks cool but the bear head .. it's so fluffy ..so curly .. so clean .. so shiny , doesn't look like bear fur at all.

Please fix this.
    I don't see it that way. Why would they fix something that is sooo subjective? :grin:
  15. Calathar

What do you want? balance or content

content. This game is barely functional because there is really nothing to do in it. They went back on so many things from Warband that I have issues with trusting Armagan's vision. Hope he will gain some direction. I really do. But seeing that almost all patches just balance same things over and over, I have my doubts.
  16. Calathar

Wrong. Most executions had no trial or just a mock one (very rarely, most of the time it was off to the chop block, see ya, bye!).

He doesn`t. He`s actually spot on with it. Entire lineages of nobles and kings were slaughtered by all sorts of warlords (vikings would be just one of the examples that comes to mind, killed boatload of nobles in England, did that stop them from enforcing their rule on the land for 200 years? Nope.) One more so you can understand how actually of an unlawfull period it was. Famous Robert of Bruce, first independent king of Scotland, kills his rival in a CHURCH! Does anyone care? Nope. Any trials? Nope. Reason for meeting the guy there? Truce and alliance! Loads of barbarian tribes from the east came in Europe and murdered loads of noble lineages from Germany and France for instance, same happened in the former Byzantine Empire, even in Iran and North Africa among muslim cultures. Ottoman empire had loads of sultan heirs killing each other like it`s no tomorrow (as a romanian there`s loads of documents from my country that depict local romanian lords joining one side or the other in these conflicts).

Yes they were. It was Western Europe that came out of the lawlessness first, but lawless were the times nonetheless!
    The problem in bannerlord was actually pretty good implemented the first time around. Maybe add the hatred of the executed guy`s clan. Anything else though is just dumb. And seing how lords just magically spawn with an army instantly after being defeated, killing them remains the only option to actually conquer the map if that`s the objective you set for yourself.
    Robert the Bruce was excomunicated mate.The whole situation was massively complicated political issue. Don't base your knowledge of this on a movie with Chris Pine (very good movie, but took some liberties :wink: )

In well developed feudal societies, killing fellow noble without a trail would create massive uproar. Was it happening? Sure. Was it left without any consequences? Very rarely. There are multiple examples of nobles being put at the trail for killing other blue bloods. The whole idea of feudalism is that the only person capable of beheading the nobles under the law would be a king. And only a weak king would allow his nobles to go on the rampage. Again - did it happen in the history? Sure. But there would be consequences, much bigger than "relationships penalties"

In Bannerlod, while I can certainly see Sturgia or Battania being weak and fragmented and rather primitive when it comes to political organisation, and Khuzaits being pretty much nomadic raiders that have settled, thus making these nations more accepting of such things, I cannot imagine Empire factions or Vlandia ignoring it with only a perk and negative relationships. Seriously, nope.
  17. Calathar

A thank you to the developers

The moment you spent 50$ you thanked them.

It's alright folks.
    this
  18. Calathar

Should we be able to marry non-nobles like Companions, Merchants & Gang Leaders?

+1

as long as marrying commoner as a noble will massively hit your legitimacy and will piss off most other nobles :wink:
  19. Calathar

Why is there no way to train troops except fights?

this game is a damn grindfest when it comes to level up army. EA... yeah but they had a decade to at the very least implement basic stuff from Warband and they've failed at that. I will continue playing but I am very disapointed with TW.
  20. Calathar

Why Don't you get the Castle or Town that you Captured?

option to keep and incite civil war will surely show up later, but on the rest - that's feudalism for you, baby :wink:
Back
Top Bottom