Search results for query: *

1. SP Native Fantasy Skilled Magic Calradia v.1.0.2 FINAL

Man, this mod really deserves more attention. I made a guy who summons axes. With his team of necromancers, he never loses any fights.

The only thing is that I always end up stalemating against enemies who use mind control magic. My weapon/undead army somehow get turned around and become enchanted to fight against me.

The only suggestion I'd make to weaken mind control is that magically conjured weapons really shouldn't have brains to brainwash. Is there a way to break the brainwashing effect? Really the only thing that's a threat to my character.

Thanks for making this mod.  :grin:
  2. SP Medieval Mercantilism - Version 0.72 (01.11.15 - new download)

Thank you so much for this mod. My favorite part is the fact that as the kid of a king, you actually have brothers and sisters. And what's more, there's princes and princesses to marry in this mod. It's just amazing.

The other thing is that all those buffing party skills are just plain awesome. It seems they apply to yourself too, so you can use a bow 50% faster at 10 skill, and if the player raises a party skill to 10, it gives them a +4 boost. So a 70% increase in bow speed.

And horse speed and damage. And so on and so forth. You gave the player a real reason to want to invest heavily in agility and strength. These boosts should be in every mod.
  3. Screenshots

Wow, you play with 0 inventory management? Never seen that before.
  4. Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Am I missing some files? I have the 156 full version uploaded today but character creation is a white screen instead of a black screen like in your screen shots. Starting as a king also causes me to be put into the game without getting to make custom troops or name my kingdom, so my faction is called Player Supporters.
  5. Suggestions about game mechanics

If you actually have enough money and time to grind and equip 20 high level mage companions, you've already won. That's 73,000 per set of archmage gear, not counting the costs of making them into mages.

If you're able to sink 1,460,000+ into this magical wife army, you've earned your success.
  6. Suggestions about game mechanics

Oh, that's cool then. Is this marriage update going to allow for harems?
  7. Suggestions about game mechanics

If Cauterize isn't going to last forever anymore, the regen rate should be buffed or the initial health damage removed. It's basically an inferior version of a Paladin's aura. A generic cleric can heal themselves and their allies more effectively and reliably.
  8. Discussion, complaints, and everything else you wanted said put here:

It'll be a lot easier to be a paladin if you have more means to gain honor. It seems fair that eliminating the drow, orc or necro factions should give you a lot of good points. I wouldn't mind not accepting money for helping during an epidemic if it would give honor.

That's the main reason I play a cleric over a paladin, since there's few rewards for actually being good. It's more of a handicap if you choose to never attack innocents, keep ladies for ransom or burn villages.

I do it, but you get nothing for doing so.
  9. Flaming sword

The elemental swords do random extra damage on top of whatever hits you land.

So an ice sword or the balrog's sword would strike for say 15, then deal an additional 10 in elemental damage.
  10. Necromancy, my opinion.

Has anyone tried making their companions into necromancers? I'm curious what benefits that will give you.

This is also a major buff to enemy necromancers. I often encounter desert bandits that have loads of undead troops because one of their bandit mages upgraded into a necromancer. Now all of those undead will be getting exp and upgrading.
  11. [Q&A] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Tuidjy said:
    Is there any other use for unarmed combat but wining this tournament?  In real fighting, a Ka-Bar knife is worth more than five years of Aikido.  Is it any different in Phantasy?

Yes. You can test this by editing your character to give them 10 unarmed and then importing them. The unarmed skill provides fantastic damage and greatly boosts the damage of your kick attack. You can 1 shot many troops with punches. The kick can drop many, many men in a siege. It's actually better than most swords.

Sadly it's connected to agility instead of strength.
  12. Suggestions about new troops and NPCs

Is it intended that none of the orc troops can promote into warg riders? Where are you meant to get those, and the shamans?
  13. Suggestions about game mechanics

Could you post what you pick in chargen to get a character with 10 iron skin? Are there any other cool builds like that who get high skills from the start?
  14. Necromancy, my opinion.

The giant undead patrols are mainly to deal with the constant rush of steppe bandits if you take over Halmar or Tulga. There's also a cursed battle ground near Bloody Cliff that creates a huge swarm of zombie warriors that will ruin your economy.

These towns are my personal favorites as they're very easy to obtain with the political situation the game starts in. However, the abundance of bandits is a major negative. Every game I take over Bloody Cliff, it's in the lowest level of poverty.

So if you have an undead patrol protecting every one of your fiefs, you'll be able to make all of your villages rich.

There's no reason not to toss in some high tier troops into these patrols, too. You'll easily be able to afford the troops costs and they'll be able to kill Lords.

15. Necromancy, my opinion.

The ogre thing must be a bug.  :shock:

Do you use empire mummy troops? I've found them lack luster to fight against, but my main character is a cleric.
  16. Necromancy, my opinion.

A trap some necromancer players fall into is deciding to only use undead, just because you can summon so many. You also have access to orcs and drow who can fill in some of the gaps of your soldiers. The drow mages are excellent and the orcs have great front line fighters and calvary. These guys won't die to enemy clerics and their turn undead spell.

You can migrate villagers or towns that you control which will allow you to reassign the people living there, and thus the troops you get.

There's also the option of making patrols and filling them up with a legion of the undead. They'll win a lot in auto calc battles, which will help improve your economy and protect your villagers from bandit predation.

The necomancer units are a great boon, as they can summon extra troops for you for free during a random event and also control your undead if you get knocked out in a battle.
  17. Currently working on...

Ah, thank you for this update. It really helps to have patrols, as the zombies that emerge near Bloody Cliff completely destroy your economy when they kill the villagers. No matter how many times you destroy that cursed battle field, it'll keep respawning so you need to park some men there to eliminate the zombies.

Lords tend to wander off, but patrols are just right.
  18. Bug Reports (for Phantasy Calradia 2014 only please)

The change to make centers allow you to enter them if a lord likes you/if you're in their faction works for castles, but it doesn't work for cities. I have high relation with the leader of the Orcs and still get barred from his town if I don't have orcs in my party.

Yeah, you can also notice this in your own towns. You'll get locked out of your own town if you deposit all of your orc troops, even though you own the fief.
  19. Suggestions

It would be nice if castles and towns had less food in them, so it would be viable to attempt to starve out the defenders rather than needing to kill everyone in a siege. Perhaps rogue troops could be used for subterfuge to taint the supplies of the defenders and make them weaker?
  20. Suggestions about new items

The could be magically enchanted pieces of armour which look exactly like other pieces. 50% resistance to fire, lightning, frost, or acid. Possibly other elements.

They could rarely appear in the inventories of top tier troops and be sold in the Three Ways Inn to provide more ways to resist magic besides the resist magic skill. You'd have no way of knowing which troops have them during a fight.
Back
Top Bottom