Search results for query: *

1. Rob de Hard

Campfire mod. Native overhaul. Mount & Blade 1.011

Does anyone still play this? I spent a year modding native to make it more challenging and fix all the bugs and faction inconsistencies etc. Added all the coolest player made mods and tweaked all the troops stats and equipment and what have you. I'll release it if there's any interest, if...
  2. Rob de Hard

Ok to use Warband textures (armour etc) in our M&B 1011 mods?

Nice new swadian stuff in the quick battles .. Have the models been changed or can we use them in our regular m&B mods?
  3. Rob de Hard

Any detailed preview info available on the single player aspect of Warband?

I'm sure there is somewhere on here but I'll be damned if I can find the bugger! Linkies? Are we getting a new campaign game or is all the cool stuff going into the multi? Not a huge multi fan myself and really looking forward to the 'next level' of campaign game, one with much more long term...
  4. Rob de Hard

Is there a cheat to gain renown?

I found the others in the FAQ but I am testing a new mod and I really need to be able to give myself a few hundred renown to test out vassal scripts and dialogue etc. - Rob
  5. Rob de Hard

Duplicate banner - is this a bug?

So I am making a load of custom banner dds files and can't figure out why Chalbeack castle and Tulga keep getting the same banner .. Its not always Chalbaeck (its basically always the case that there's a duplicate banner, usually Tulga and some Nord castle) but yeah the 3 black balls on a brown...
  6. Rob de Hard

Q. re troop trees and tweaking

Ho there. Excellent mod. The game mechanic tweaks are epic and long over due for native .. totally improves the game. However, I much prefer the native troop tree. Is there a way I could setup this mod to use the standard (simpler) troop trees without major surgery? I'd would also be cool if I...
  7. Rob de Hard

Adding directly purchased M&B to Steam Account - invalid Serial Number?

Hey I want to add M&B to my Steam repository (mainly for backup purposes) but when I input my Taleworlds M&B serial key it is rejected as invalid. I am inputting the Serial Key not the order ref #: GXL7-XXXL-JXXX-XXQX Any chance someone can help me out here? Do I need to contact Taleworlds...
  8. Rob de Hard

Plastic and food preperation. Dioxins. Cancer. etc.

I got a circular email about this from someone the other day and it struck a chord. The sheer number of times I've had hot food coming from styrene, plastic containers etc. It always struck me as kinda dumb: plastic is full of dioxins and other carcenogens. Which is why you don't inhale...
  9. Rob de Hard

Native M&B is very boring on normal difficulty - here's why -

As soon as you get ~100 renown and join a faction, you usually get allocated a village as fief. If you are lucky this will be one that is in a newly conquered/contested territory and it will be taken away soon. Meaning you get a chance of a castle in the near future. If not, you are never...
  10. Rob de Hard

Blurry textures cleaned up reveals nice details + examples

I've been meaning to ask this for a while now, but in game I notice textures are loosing their definition to a gaussian type blurr that sits on everything like a fog. Here's an example of a stock screenshot: http://bayimg.com/image/falahaabl.jpg And here's the screenshot with a sharpen...
  11. Rob de Hard

1.10 still not stable with ATI 8.10 drivers

HD3850. Not clocked. Vanilla install in a new directory. Hard locks system during battles and on campaign map. Same symptoms as previous release: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,48225.0.html DX9. Has anyone else tried it yet? Please post any freezes/lock ups using ATI drivers...
  12. Rob de Hard

Changelog?

Couldn't find one in the M&B dir.
  13. Rob de Hard

Sub forums for released mods by version?

Its like spaghetti in the released mods forum.. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,63.0.html Some mods for all version, some for one or two, some for old versions no longer compat etc. Can't you organize things a bit and maybe put in sub forums for game versions? If only to...
  14. Rob de Hard

M&B sits at 100% CPU usage all the time

Even in menus? This makes the power draw insane on a modern high spec box .. The GPU is in 3d mode even on the campaign map where its asked to handle 5 pixels and a shami kebab but its still burning through mega watts (770mhz core and 1100mhz clock!) and the CPU maxing out (even just one core)...
  15. Rob de Hard

Is the suppository back up yet? I'm getting the itch.

Still on target for a 24th October re-up? I'm starting to get the shakes man.
  16. Rob de Hard

Couched Lances etc. Old grumble.

Its been said I'm sure but couched lance is way too powerful .. How about it being an 'elite' polearm skill? Like you need 150 in polearms to get it or something? Because I started a new character yesterday and was able to deliver 245+ damage in a single strike at level 1 riding a saddle horse...
  17. Rob de Hard

Grr. Darn horse archers. :)

I got a nasty shock when my Lord granted me Ryibelet castle in fief and told me to 'hold it against the enemy'. Having spent my entire mercenary career fighting Nords I found my fuedal forces to be completely unable to cope with the Khan's tactics. My heavy plate armour and massed formations...
  18. Rob de Hard

Possible to make auto-resolved battles more random?

Is it possible to tweak the way the game auto resolves battles? Sometimes you just can't be bothered with a siege for example, but it seems to be that you can expect heavy casualties and probably not to win unless you have a big numerical advantage. The type and quality/experience of your...
  19. Rob de Hard

Honor and Infamy

The 'I'd sooner cut your throat' lords .. do they make up around 50% of the Lordly Pool? So that you can play a Bad Boy and still get allies? Like the opposite of Honour being Infamy? Or does honour just seem like an arbitrary hack/handicap system to force game balance?
Back
Top Bottom