Search results for query: *

1. KLHLord

Best way to train troops?

The Train skill advice is gold. Companions can be grown into power trainers that can turn you into a war machine. The thing is that will only be useful if their level is higher than the troops set level, otherwise they will get nothing because no one wants battle training from a noob companion. Basically work on Trainer Companions, if you so wish. Then:
    1. Recruit
    Get as many men as you can afford or your renown allows. If having trouble because villages are boring you with their low numbers of available troops try doing low risk jobs for them to get them in the 20s. It takes time but is well worth it because you can invest in a particular town that will suddenly have 20 and 30+ guys for you .

2. Reduce
    Get in low risk battles or medium risk if you can deliver some ass kickings of your own. Some will die, but other will live and grow more powerful. Your party whitles down to only a few experienced soldiers.

3. Replenish
    Back to village hopping inticing the local young folk to arms with the promise of quick and painful death on the battlefield wealth and prestige and go looking for more Swadian Knights Farmers to hack down.
  2. KLHLord

Why Power strike with Polearms?

Power Strike is one of those things you get regardless really of what kind of player you want to be. No matter what you do, melee-wise, you will be more capable against all threats. Weaker foes will get clocked in 1 to 2 good strikes and you won't have to sit there beating that Lancer 5 times just to reunite him with the ground.
    (PROTIP:Remember always to move at the enemy while striking, for moving toward them amplifies the damage, whereas moving back even a little when you connect will weaken it. Never attack standing still.)
    Athletics is very important as well. It may not be that inticing when looking to ride a better horse or more power and HP, but when your horsey gets ripped in half while you plummet to the ground and now you have to tell 6 Nord Warriors and a Mr.Huscarl why that wasn't very nice with your Masterwork Heavy Bastard Sword, being slightly faster than their Battle Axes and unshaven faces will pay off.
  3. KLHLord

It's true, Swadian Knights are better than Vaegir Knights.

The Swads are indeed "better". I think they have like 4 Ironflesh, 5 Power Strike and 5 Riding. They have better armour and that PS helps loads with their morningstars. Meanwhile, the Vaegirs have only 2 PS because they supposedly make up the difference with all those nasty axes and they have that weaker Lamellar armor.  I personally think the axes don't make enough difference. Heck, without a couched lance blow Lancers are almost a joke.
  4. KLHLord

Yet Another Rhodok Question

Yes, the Rhodok young'uns are weak.
    Looking through troop editor you see why.

The first three tiers use only polearms, but they're proficiency doesn't reflect this. They are just as good with polearms as they are with everything else, some are even better at weapons they don't have.

Polearms make up some of the slowest melee weapons and, without efficient skill in them, are quite open after an attack.

Unless you manually give them the polearm skill they deserve, being it they're most or only used weapon, they will suck, period.
  5. KLHLord

The Mount & Blade Family

Buxton said:
    DUN-NAH-NAH-DUN *click* *click* DUN-NAH-NAH-DUN *click* *click* DUN-NAH-NAH-DUN DUN-NAH-NAH-DUN, DUN-NAH-NAH-DUN *click* *click*.

Can you guess the theme?

The Adams Family

Yeah, I already know nobody cares. :mad:
  6. KLHLord

Girls: smarter, better student?

When you get right down to it.
    Intelligence is simply understanding information and being able to compute it.
    But Wisdom is being able to take that information and actually put it to work.

In my High School, many of the men/boys either were into sports, helped out in the community, or just did their own thing.
    With girls, far less are sport enthusiasts and more would devote time not working into studying, rather then do their own thing.
    My mother once told me that women tend to mature faster than men. It took me many years to realize she was right. However, that's not enough to say that plenty of men don't mature at an alarming rate or that there aren't plenty of clumsy, empty headed, 'blonde' acting women.

Scientifically, women are said to be able to remember better while men are said to able to compute faster.

If you feel inferior because a lot of girls are making high marks, put more effort into what you do. If you do and still feel overshadowed by these ladies achievements, just remember the ancient words of Confucius.

"Bro's before Ho's"
                                                                                                                                                                                                                -- Confucius, speaking truth.
  7. KLHLord

Throwing vs Archery 1.003 Discussion

AceFantastic said:
    One minor note, what's with the first person throwing view for javelins and jarids? My left arm almost completely obscures my view of what I'm throwing at. Needless to say it's very annoying. 

It does that? That's sounds just as bad as the way your arm looks when you overhead slash with a two hander.
    The thin, distorted look makes me feel like my character is an anorexic who just broke his damn arm swinging that giant claymore around.

BTW
    Playing M&B for the first time a whole round of combat all in first person is pretty incredible though. It's easier to hit the assholes that zerg rush you when your mount is stopped in the throat with a six foot blade because you can really aim it! :twisted: Sadly, it's very apparent that the game wasn't tested that much for an aesthetic first person experience, hence that awkward arm stuff and all. Still fun though! :smile:
    In fact, I seriously think that after buying Fable 2 and Fallout 3, they're gonna gather some dust for a bit cause M&B has me like crack.
  8. KLHLord

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Yeah, I hear you Pagan.
    That's why his nick is "The Handyman Can". Always there when you need him!

Too bad about it being hard coded. I should have known. :lol:
    I can't wait for the next tweak! :mrgreen:
  9. KLHLord

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

My questions for the Tweakmasters are:
            [list type=decimal]
    [*]How can I increase the amount of Attribute points I gain per level up? By default levelling up, with all the experience it ends up requiring later on, doesn't seem to do much. 1 point for skills is fine, because they are capped by attributes and have a nice limit of 10. Weapon proficiency is fine, but for having such a large cap of like 640 I would like more points to spend on, say, agility, in order to raise that up more.
    [*]How can I increase the limit on attributes to compliment my first question? Attributes continue to give perks like increased Weapon damage and more exp from training well over the normal limit of 63. After this, all Attribute points spent increase nothing. Can it be tweaked so I can pass 63?
    [/list]

If these can be done I intend on lowering the EXP multiplier in Mount&Blade/Native/module to created fewer, more far between and satisfying level ups.

Thank you Mage Lord and your vastly underrated fellow Tweaksters! You make this game sing! :mrgreen:
Back
Top Bottom