It's true, Swadian Knights are better than Vaegir Knights.

Users who are viewing this thread

AJScott

Recruit
Okay, so i was listening to people talking about who are the best knights, be it Vaegirs or Swadians so i set up a match using the custom battle mod, 50 Swadian Knights vs 50 Vaegir knights with me being on the side of the Swadians. AI difficulty, damage and so on was all maxed out.
At the start, i charged straight at them, and got killed by the first guy with some weird-huge ass axe xD
Second time, i let my Swadians go forth and the battle went on.
Swadians beat Vaegirs with all Vaegirs dead and about 20 Swadians dead, i personally killed 1 person :grin:

I cal bull**** :lol: Swadians won this duel because of morning stars and better armor, but that's only in a duel. In the field Vaegirs are more effective against everyone precisely because of their affinity for those bigass axes :wink: Swadian knights aren't as effective cuz they don't have as many morning stars(seem to prefer lances) and the morning stars are both shorter and slower than the battle axes.

Hm, I always thought the Swadian Knights are better. They have slightly better stats. Also, they seem like they have much better armor.

The battle you were in could prove that Swadian Knights are better than Vaegir Knights in terms of being anti-cavalry unit. To prove they are better at everything, you must to a lot of possible arrangements, where the only difference in the two armies is the one having Swadian, and the other - Vaegir Knights. And, of course, test the same battle multiple times, because not every time the outcome is the same.

and did you try fighting against the swadians too?Please dont say that you did not do any damage,you acted a big distraction to the viegers .

And then swadians are meant for survivability,where as viegers are meant for quick damage .try a one on one next

Its not about how effective a unit is that counts ,but how effectively you use yours that counts.

Anyways swadian knight,vieger marsmen and huskarls serve me their purpose as the best units when used together

Hyperion said:
Sides. Rule of cool Favours Vaegirs.
that true :mrgreen:

Blackened said:
Hm, I always thought the Swadian Knights are better. They have slightly better stats. Also, they seem like they have much better armor.
stats are not all; the 2h axes the Vaegirs love so much are a main aspect of their deadliness; while Swads are more like juggernauts(very tough, can steamroll infantry with their lances, have some consistent offensive ability with those morning stars) the Vaegir knights are all-out assault cavalry(weaker armor than Swads, few have shields and lances, mostly 2h axes, move faster as many of them ride hunters and have better riding skill than even Khergits). So basically Vaegirs can simply cut through anything with great force and keep their momentum for some time thanks to the axes, but aren't exactly good at surviving protracted action. While the Swadians are like a slow moving grinder, and being individually strong are good at winning duels(I've seen many instances of a single surviving Swadian knight with a morning star kill a dozen or more Khergit lancers and many other troops during a horse chase in the field).

This reminds me of when I first started playing.  My army was a complete mess, whatever the maximum amount of different unit types you can have is, I had it, and then I managed to recruit a single swadian knight.

Over the next several battles, I noticed he was a complete badass.  "blah blah killed by Swadian Knight" all over the place, even though I only had one, and he seemed to always survive, too.  Maybe that was just him though :grin:

More on topic - I think I prefer survivability in a mounted unit since they often tend to have to fight those 1-1s, so for me, swadian knights are the superior cavalry.  On the other hand, a group of dismounted vaegir knights is a buzzsaw, and that gives you a lot of flexibility.  Dismounted swadians on the other hand are somewhat meh.

It's been tested before, Swadian Knights are superior.

That doesn't mean Vaegir Knights suck, so stop the fanboy kneejerk reactions. You don't see knights running around in those kinds of numbers in lords' parties anyway.

Try being Vaegir because since your the player you must have some kind of +stats in tactic or something which can effect the battle sorry unless theirs no player and your watching the battle then the swaids are bound to win unless out numbered or something

The Swads are indeed "better". I think they have like 4 Ironflesh, 5 Power Strike and 5 Riding. They have better armour and that PS helps loads with their morningstars. Meanwhile, the Vaegirs have only 2 PS because they supposedly make up the difference with all those nasty axes and they have that weaker Lamellar armor.  I personally think the axes don't make enough difference. Heck, without a couched lance blow Lancers are almost a joke.

KLHLord said:
    The Swads are indeed "better". I think they have like 4 Ironflesh, 5 Power Strike and 5 Riding. They have better armour and that PS helps loads with their morningstars. Meanwhile, the Vaegirs have only 2 PS because they supposedly make up the difference with all those nasty axes and they have that weaker Lamellar armor.  I personally think the axes don't make enough difference. Heck, without a couched lance blow Lancers are almost a joke.

Heck with shields they cant couch.

i will say the swadian is stronger the vaegirs may have their 2h axes which really does a lot of damage but swadian can survive and in the end the one who survive always wins the vaegirs can do all the damages in the world but as long as you are the last one standing you still win. they also have better stats better protection and the lance will destroy any infantry but their lance isn't all that effective when you in a siege. the 2h axe that the vaegirs use really destroy any infantry on land while the swadian spear can damage a a heavy infantry. even though the swadian knights lack on foot but if you are in plate armor with a big 2h axe and a strong shiled (some people shoot you in the back) on your back you should be able to take on half of the castle by yourslef (really you can) so i would say that the swadians are a bit more stronger

No not again.

Hasn't anyone thought that this is one of the great mysteries that the great father Armagan has left for us to ponder but never really figure out?

BOOYAH! MY DOWNLOAD FOR JFK RELOADED JUST FINISHED! DIE JFK!

Actually Id say it depends on the leader ^^
if he is fearless
the Vaegirs day and night if you give them a chance to lose morale the will desert you!

MorningRain said:
Vaegir Knights are better in sieges, Swadian knights still rule the field... sometimes

Actually, without their shields and without the heavy armor of a swadian knight they are pretty much cannonfodder in sieges.

Although they do lots of damage in close combat, the strongest units rush forward to push the siege tower and those are usually the knights. And I don't need to tell you who the archers will be aiming at.

MorningRain said:
Vaegir Knights are better in sieges, Swadian knights still rule the field... sometimes

Yeah. Too bad cavalry is designed to be good on the field.

Hyperion said:
Sides. What would scare you more? A tin can with arms riding at you or a pissed Eastern European(ish) cavalryman with a huge axe?

Obviously, the first one!  :mrgreen:

Anyway, axes do cutting damage, so they are better vs less armored opponents, maybe that's why 50 Vaegir Knights lost to 50 Swadian Knights.

It seems Vaegir knights are more DPS-oriented, and Swadian knights - better tanks. So, Swadians would do better in army of just one unit type. And Vaegirs would do better if you manage to distract your opponent from them, if this is possible.

Serann said:
MorningRain said:

Actually, without their shields and without the heavy armor of a swadian knight they are pretty much cannonfodder in sieges.

Although they do lots of damage in close combat, the strongest units rush forward to push the siege tower and those are usually the knights. And I don't need to tell you who the archers will be aiming at.

Tactics my boy move the infatries right under neth the walls have the archers fire til they have no more arrows then wait til the enemy fires all their arrows then send the archers in as cannon fodder summoning your knights right behind them.

Back
Top Bottom