Search results for query: *

1. Arriguy

TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

I don't understand why it's so hard to believe Maduro, the only fat man in the country, might not be best for the people of Venezuela.

Not that I'm saying the U.S. should get involved mind you, but everyone seems to want to believe that he's some noble warrior fighting the good fight against the horrid Imperio Yanqui - the same bull**** about Castro.

As if famine and thousand? ten-thousand? hundred-thousand? million? percent inflation wasn't a sufficient motivation for wanting to oust the man.

Or that Cuba is providing men and material, likely in the thousands, to prop up the regime in exchange for oil.

As if the U.S. had a monopoly on ****ty realpolitick :roll:
  2. Arriguy

What's on your mind?

Almalexia said:
    Count Delinard said:
    Everyone knows peninsular spanish is the worst type of spanish anyway. Regardless of them inventing it in the first place.

Especially for inventing it in the first place.

Bring back Mozarabic you reconquista-ing sons a *****es
    ¡Aseguramos nuestra independencia contra el metrópolis comemierda!
  3. Arriguy

2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Eh I'd chalk it up more to the usual voter suppression and gerrymandering tactics. North Miami, for example, ran out of ballots to vote before the day was even half over. So happens that it's a large community that just over 60% black. And since Gillum lost by just over 10,000 votes, it's very easy to make the argument he could've won had that sort of stuff not happened. But regardless, US democracy is pretty **** in that regard.
  4. Arriguy

And once again, Florida shat the bed and went full red with DeSantis as governor and Scott as Senator. Ugh. Hurt but not surprised  :facepalm:
  5. Arriguy

The Smokeshack

célibataire volontaire macroniste said:
    go to Franco street and scream " que viva Cataluña libre, me cago en el rey" that's codeword for dank Kush there.

:lol: :lol:

If only I didn't speak Spanish . Nearly laughed out loud in the middle of class
  6. Arriguy

The Smokeshack

I need weed. I've been in Madrid for a month and a half now and I've only smoked a handful of times due to my friend's connections. I hear there are cannabis clubs / coffeehouses, but I've yet to stumble across them. Any pointers from the Euros here
  7. Arriguy

The Smokeshack

Dont talk to me until you've longboarded or surfed high.
  8. Arriguy

The idea that Republicans were playing by the rules isn't exactly right. McConnell circled the wagons and refused to work at all with Obama, and the ensuing deadlock just worked in their favor to claim the "Democrats are ruining our country we need more conservatives hurr durr durr" narratives that blew up in Republican's face with the Tea-Party movement, that has slowly morphed into the Trump Train and has in large part overtaken the Classic Republican brand - but somehow McConnell has remained because, tbh, he's a very Machiavellian and pragmatic politician.
  9. Arriguy

But it was A videogame, and that's enough

:lol:
  10. Arriguy

Moose! said:
    Arriguy said:
    a President getting the chance to appoint two judges is about as rare as a Unicorn ****ting rainbows and leading you to a pot of gold

56eac77a52bcd021008b6f17-960-994.png

Arriguy said:
    Democrats are already mobilizing to try and stop any nomination from proceeding during an election year, citing the precedent set by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Dems can't do anything without a majority - McConnell can and will bring this to a vote, and unless you have Republican obstructionism (and why would they do that?), it's a done deal.

Sadly, the only way to punish this sort of anti-democratic behavior is through the election, and Republican voters won't punish their representatives for this - we already saw that in 2016.

Allow me to clarify, a President nominating two judges within the first first term is a bit rare*. If RBG were to croak that'd be three judges, which is a bit rare these days.

And I wasn't trying to sound like Dems had a chance of actually fighting this, just that they were citing the precedent their republican counterparts established a year or so back

And I'm ****ty at math so  :ohdear:
  11. Arriguy

Speaking of Democracy..

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/27/politics/anthony-kennedy-retires/index.html

tl;dr: Moderate judge will retire by the end of July. Trump will have the opportunity to cement a conservative 5 to 4 majority in the highest court of the U.S. Democrats are already mobilizing to try and stop any nomination from proceeding during an election year, citing the precedent set by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) in denying a hearing for over a year for Merrick Garland, who would've been an Obama appointed judge. Naturally, McConnel is wiping his ass with that and Republicans are proceeding with all due haste to get this done, since a President getting the chance to appoint two judges is about as rare as a Unicorn ****ting rainbows and leading you to a pot of gold
  12. Arriguy

krik said:
    Hey, he wouldn't have gotten shot if he'd been in prison where he belonged.

Eh, to be fair he was awaiting trial anyway, and while he wasn't a "good" person by any stretch of the imagination, it's a little sobering when someone so young is killed and has no chance at bettering themselves, which is where I think most people are coming from with this.
  13. Arriguy

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/06/xxxtentacion-dead-at-20/

Dude was my age. Kinda crazy. Though some might say good riddance. Still, RIP.
  14. Arriguy

Rome II: Total War

It can be hit or miss aye and provide some really fun nail-biting battles due to the fact that a chain route of 4-5 units can absolutely happen if you're not careful, and you realize the absolute critical importance of light/medium infantry like peltasts and hillmen or cavalry to screen your line, keep in reserve, or hidden for an ambush.

But for that same reason it can be beyond obnoxious when a single unit of archers manages to get behind your line while you're otherwise preoccupied and with nothing but knives and spears manages to get all your pikes to route even though they're on the verge of breaking through the never ending hordes of **** eastern levy spearmen.
  15. Arriguy

Florida is falling apart at the very seams it seems.

Least all my friends there are okay, though.
  16. Arriguy

Feragorn said:
    [quote author=An article profiling some of the Parkland kids.]But, he clarified, he doesn’t feel like he’s the one who should be calling for this. “I shouldn't have to! I’m 17,” he said, but he and his classmates feel that adults — both voters and policymakers — have failed them. “When your old-ass parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage,’ and you’re just like, ‘Give me the **** phone and let me handle it.’ Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government; our parents don’t know how to use a **** democracy, so we have to.”
    [/quote]

Link? Because that’s pretty damn relateable, even as someone whose been able to vote for the past 2 years now
  17. Arriguy

That’s just an hour north of my home. Used to go to conferences/ competitions with kids from that school, not that I knew any personally. When I heard about this it just struck me how close to home that is damn.

I used to think it was just hyperbole when people say that politicians who don’t do anything have blood on their hands, but they really do.
  18. Arriguy

Catalan Independence

While although I agree and think Catalan independence is stupid and counterproductive, I just think if you legitimately believe in something, you should fight for it. I realize peace is better and all that jazz, the breathtaking hypocrisy/spinelessness of Puigdemont disgusts me s'all.

Viva España and all that tho :party:
  19. Arriguy

Catalan Independence

ᚦorkell said:
    So, instead of flying off to Belgium, Puigdemont should've started an armed rebel group? (That turned out really well for the Basques...) Or should he just have accepted the likely 30 year sentence and become a martyr for his cause?

Yes.

/fin
  20. Arriguy

Catalan Independence

Y'know all questions about the legitimacy of Catalan Secession aside (and there are some legitimate questions tbh), Puigdemont was not the man to lead it or be it's face.

I'm sorry, but he's a ****ing coward. If he believed in his cause he'd have stayed and faced the consequences like a god damn man of conviction. The way it looks now, he's just an opportunistic, cowardly egomanianc who wanted to be "the guy who delivered Catalan Independence" or whatever bull.

I really dont like him and would rather see his arrogant weasel face locked up to waste away forever
    /end minirant.

As for withdrawing the charges - not looking like the bad guy during the election season is standard operating procedure for any election. That's literally all campaigning is.
Back
Top Bottom