Search results for query: *

1. Lionheart X

mount and blade > empire total war

Archonsod said:
    Empire works fine for me :razz:

Best of the TW series so far. It's about the first time the battles are actually interesting.

Totally agree with you ! ETW brings a whole new aspect of gameplay to the series, battles are great fun!! I mean at first I was unsure that a TW game that depended heavily on gunpowder and ranged combat was frankly going to be crap. However its not all about gunpowder, and actually gunpowder combat is pretty dam good fun! Of course my opinion is bias because I'm one of the luckey ****ers that hasn't experienced any bugs yet! I'd also say that you can't really compare M&B to ETW, as although I love M&B to bits, ETW is better IMO, but in about 2 weeks or so when i've done a few campaigns on Empire, I'll come running back to M&B to crush some more peasants and the like. XD
  2. Lionheart X

Mount and blade for MAC

Gerin said:
    Lionheart X said:
    The thing I hate the most, is when people buy a mac instead of a PC because they just have more money, etc And then don't use it for its main functions, of design. When it comes down to it, a Windows PC is basically an everyday PC to use for an all rounded experience, a Mac on the other hand is primarily a design software Computer, its not really meant to be as versatile as a PC, its software is one of the main reasons why a majority of people buy them. I'm not saying that they can't be used for everyday stuff, because they can ! However it pees me off when people buy one just to use as an everyday PC, and not use it as a brilliant peice of design kit ! God I'd love one for my design work, thats what they are for, design / animation, all that fancy shizzle :razz: alas until theres one for £350 I wont be getting one . . . . *OOOh whats this in the local paper . . . APPLE MAC £75 LOL

You can do anything on a PC that you can a MAC, and yes that includes designing software and photoshop.

Yeah of course you can ! But its not the same specific software, I know you can photoshop on a PC I never said you couldn't do design stuff on PC's, the arguement is the other way around ! That Mac's aren't as versatile as PC's.
  3. Lionheart X

Mount and blade for MAC

The thing I hate the most, is when people buy a mac instead of a PC because they just have more money, etc And then don't use it for its main functions, of design. When it comes down to it, a Windows PC is basically an everyday PC to use for an all rounded experience, a Mac on the other hand is primarily a design software Computer, its not really meant to be as versatile as a PC, its software is one of the main reasons why a majority of people buy them. I'm not saying that they can't be used for everyday stuff, because they can ! However it pees me off when people buy one just to use as an everyday PC, and not use it as a brilliant peice of design kit ! God I'd love one for my design work, thats what they are for, design / animation, all that fancy shizzle :razz: alas until theres one for £350 I wont be getting one . . . . *OOOh whats this in the local paper . . . APPLE MAC £75 LOL
  4. Lionheart X

Congratulations to Armagan and to M&B community!

jldmon said:
    how come you always catch me?  :sad:
    seems like i should stop being a douche wad.... is that the correct term?

erm duh their moderators ! And yes you probably should stop being a 'douche'. Anyway, its great to see such high user scores, it will help M&B last through the ages . . . or at least until a M&B2 is released  :razz:
  5. Lionheart X

Who are these banned/muted/warned people? (Discussion thread links in OP)

FrisianDude said:
    Amman de Stazia said:
    mutaz gone!  Hurrah!  Beton banned!  Hurrah!

Finally Mutaz is gone ! ahhh peace is restored :smile:
  6. Lionheart X

Call of duty 5 - epic fail?

you can download a PB client, just do a google, with that you just select cod5 then tell it to check for PB updates, this is the manual way of doing it, seeing as sometimes the automatic way (the game) doesn't work, so check for updates with the program and then it should work . . .
  7. Lionheart X

your nightmare said:
    Does anyone knows what triggers the multiplayer error "server authentication fail", and how to fix it?

Make sure that you have 1.1 installed, and have Punkbuster working, and set up right.
  8. Lionheart X

pedrodiniz92 said:
    Buxton said:
    pedrodiniz92 said:
    Buxton said:
    Any actual points to pick up on? The gameplay? AI? Graphics? Sound?
    Besides overused setting and engine; Trial to make a quick buck?

No, not really.

Overused engine? It's used in one other game. The Quake engine is more of a whore in gaming terms.

Not the engine of MW and WaW itself. The gameplay engine. You know, grenade sensors popping on the screen, enemies keep coming forever until you go through a certain spot, tightly scripted ****.

If you've been playing it since CoD2 as I have, you know what I mean.

The setting and graphics change, but in the end it's the same ****.

But that's why people continue to play it, different graphics and settings, if it was a totally different game you wouldn't have the scores of previous COD players playing necessarily, for I love COD 5: WaW because its like playing a brand new COD2 - Which in my opinion was the best game I've ever played FPS wise!
  9. Lionheart X

Seiges, the meat grinder of M&B.

tommylaw said:
    i find the main problem is that theres only one place for the defender to stake out and kill the assaulting army one by one

Hmmm yes, it would be great if the ememy say attacked from 3 sides, meaning that you would have to split your forces and thus reinforce the troops if they were under attack in another part of the castle, ahhhh just another dream for M&B 2 eh?! :razz:
  10. Lionheart X

Mod DB 2008 Awards

Just voted :smile: Makes you feel good ! Well I hope M&B wins, took a look at some of the other mods and indie games in there, and i'd say that it has a fair chance.
  11. Lionheart X

Birthday

Just passed my driving test last month, feels create to be out on the road all by ones self, listening to the radio, the wind in my hair. . . . just need a girl now . . . :razz:

Hope your lessons are going well, I always remember how fast 30mph seemed to begin with lol, then i did dual carridgeways and well 70mph is fun too :smile:
  12. Lionheart X

My site and forums

I got it as a present, if you had read the first I said that there, but the forum is geared towards a bit of everything, i dont mind if i have a low intake of members its free :razz: Just would be nice if people wanted to join up and start a topic or two for me.
  13. Lionheart X

My site and forums

Ares said:
    Without the comma, it implies that this man is assisted by penises.
    For another example remove the commas from this:
    I helped my uncle Jack off a horse.

Nice ! Really wanted that mental image :razz:
  14. Lionheart X

My site and forums

Fall of Denial said:
    DICKS HELP THIS GUY OUT.

I'm coming to help buddy  :grin:

Cheers man ! :smile: 1st member :smile:
  15. Lionheart X

Build Bugger a gaming rig for less than £280

Lemonfield said:
    While we're at it, how about a nice gaming rig for ~$1500 CAD?

Do you guys have any sites like NCIX, TigerDirect, or Newegg in the UK? If you can direct us to some, we can see what's available and how things are priced.

Well the one i always, in the UK use to build my PC's is www.novatech.co.uk they have a centre about 20mins from me so its very useful, and pretty cheap.
  16. Lionheart X

Raz said:
    Haha. I wonder when they'll stop making these unoriginal linear ****ing shooters.

When you start liking them, then they will have achieved their goal :razz:
  17. Lionheart X

My site and forums

Hey all, just to wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in helping me get my forums off the ground. I got the site for my 18th birthfay and have just about finished it to a very basic standard, and i wanted its main focus to be a forum of discussion etc, on all topics, including a big...
  18. Lionheart X

your nightmare said:
    I got COD WAW for Christmas and already had to install it twice due to a problem, installing and uninstalling takes up 2 hours so I would like to avoid that (again)

The problem is, when the game asked me whether to install punkbuster, I clicked No because I'm kind of warey against punkbuster,gamespy, etc,etc..

When I now try to get online it says I'm offline, while internet very clearly works.
    Does not having punk buster causes this, if so is there a way to install punkbuster without  uninstallin/installing again?

Many thanks

You should install PB otherwise it wont run, also what system are you running it on?!!! 2 Hours to install and unistall !!! Say what? My rig is pretty crap but it only took 20mins max, plus unistalling takes like 2mins tops.
  19. Lionheart X

Become a King?

Yrcho said:
    Heh, there`s no problem about someone else writing here. :smile:
    I installed the new version and now I`m playing the Native Expansion module. Holy God, it rocks!!! I don`t have patience to become a king! :grin:

Well thats alright :smile: Hope you enjoy the mods, and perhapsone day you will be king ?! But the thanks should go to The Mercenary for making the mod in the first place !
  20. Lionheart X

Become a King?

If you mean are the saves compatible, I believe that they are not, as most mods are. Native expansion will have incompatible save files if you try to run them in native, they just wont work.
Back
Top Bottom