Search results for query: *

1. Arctic_Howler

Resolved Inn and Out quest

So I got a quest called Inn and Out... I went to the town, sat down, talked to the game master and since the mini games are hit or miss, I offered to pay the guy... quest auto completed without payout or loyalty gain with the related NPC...(according to log I should have received about 2400+...
  2. Arctic_Howler

Download links for chapter 1?

It's been a while since I played Light & Darkness, so I came back, because gods it's addicting and none of the download links work.... when i searched nexus due to link failure, it's a significantly outdated version...
  3. Arctic_Howler

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

gsanders said:
    Necromancers are always treated as skin undead.  They are the only class that is auto-evil, although at character creation it is possible to pick a cleric of an evil deity and have alignment set evil.  In general, almost every town is "neutral" except the 3 evil towns and Blazing Hand.

Odd... my second attempt at the game, Human Necromancer with 5 shadows and was locked out of shariz(makes sense given your explanation), the drow capital, and the obsidian spire... also as evil cleric i had no issues with lock out of any towns hence why i didn't point it out before...
  4. Arctic_Howler

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

I only played a little bit(doing laundry and such before a shower before i sit down and actual play)

I went into the settings and turned stealthy on(didn't see anything to suggest this was the case...) and discovered that when enabled no damage can be done... was fighting looters while holding a spiked mace(not stealthy) and the only damage either side could do was me running them over with my horse which did upwards of 1k a charge(apparently a noble's son, page, evil cleric who worships the god of plagues, and fights mounted gets 5 riding and a 50-55 speed(can't remember exact stats) courier... which equals instant death for anything charged...) I turned the stealth system off and damage worked again during a second looter encounter...

Also my character kept randomly using it's priest abilities(also unsure if covered), during the whole stealthy incident I tried using negative blast and other prayer skills and only hurt myself(negative burst), harm spell did nothing, same for flamestrike... then i suddenly noticed my character started using heal whenever it had the energy to do so... which the random heal when i had favor bug kept occurring after turning the stealthy system off during a second looter encounter...

I'll edit this later after I've settled in and started playing some more...
  5. Arctic_Howler

Exploit with special weapons.

good to know since I tend to export my characters and import them quite often in mods... helps to know that so i don't have a messed up character...
  6. Arctic_Howler

New features in the battle system for Light and Darkness! (Sep. 21, 2016)

Never thought I'd no longer look forward to chapter 2... I hate stamina systems in mount & Blade mods, they're always so low no matter how many points you put into the skills for them that you can't really enjoy the mods... guess I'll give up waiting for chapter 2 after all...
  7. Arctic_Howler

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

azenky said:

thanks... while reading that I saw 15 empire light infantry get beaten by about 13 farmers(1 or 2 militia, 2 pilgrims, and the rest farmers)... so not only did I get good info but I got to watch something hilarious....
  8. Arctic_Howler

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Is there a list of the factions that can actually spawn uniques/armies? I'm deciding if any of the minor factions should be worked towards a positive relation so i can ignore them, such as red brotherhood for instance... Obviously if they spawn uniques there'd be no point in raising them since I'd have to clear that other than Noldor...
  9. Arctic_Howler

Currently working on...

guspav said:
    Just grabbed and adapted a robe model from this oblivion mod : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11357

I haven't got permission to use it yet, but if the models and textures are approved the new archmage robe would look like this:

I probably would of pulled from morrowind instead of oblivion to avoid conversion issues myself but looks good...
  10. Arctic_Howler

Prophesy of Pendor Dev Update Board (UPDATED 12/08/15)

Wait... the rune 2h was supposed to have runes on the blade? I wish my game showed that kind of detail on max settings... they just look like generic flamberge with slight coloration on the handle for me... Also, I can't really say I'm a big fan of the image for the new rune weapons... that hilt and crossbar.... just doesn't look right to me...
  11. Arctic_Howler

Currently working on...

guspav said:
    I guess an evil undead companion would make sense too.

Anyway, here is the new main menu screen.
    I am still not sure whether I can use it without issue because I got it from a wallpaper site. I already sent the site admins a message to ask for permission, but we'll see.

love it... hope they approve...

Teofish said:
    Is that from LOTR War in the North?

yes that is...
  12. Arctic_Howler

Currently working on...

awkwarrd said:
    Arctic_Howler said:
    Are we going to get any pro-necromancy undead companions then? possibly add in a morale deduction to companions like him if you use necromancy/have undead other than him...
    Hmm i think guspav is just adding a no morale issue button somewhere.

BUT.. i think i would also prefer to have a spell for necro that forced the minions who break your will in battle to be subdued back under your will.
    Then after the battle they can leave the army or you can try to suicide them, if it is possible for them to be placed into their own group once the spell is cast, so they don't just rejoin as infantry or archer or cavalry or something, but their own group.
    Maybe even give the spell a % chance to work based on necromancy.
    Maybe even just a low level buff spell you can cast at the start of the battle which reduces the chance of breaking the will by a %.
    Maybe even just combine these 2 spells into 1 spell.

The morale outside of combat when you are roaming, i don't have access to test the current version of the next update, so i can't really make any suggestions about the undead/evil morale system.
    Probably just the same as before, recruiting from the undead citadel, i can't remember the name of those units that helped, cultists or something.

Necromancy 10 eliminates the need for such a spell and I was talking about if you had certain companions that hate necromancy like the new undead companion, if he could tie in a way for those companions to get a morale hit or something to encourage using them for an anti-necromancy run only... Dark Mages are the units yer thinking of and tbh I really don't even need them unless I get a bug such as what happened with my current necro save... I have 0 living units minus companions and somehow I'm taking a morale hit for living units as well as dark mage bonus even though companions don't normally count for that... Also I'd rather take a morale hit from stuff, keeps you honest on your playthroughs...
  13. Arctic_Howler

Currently working on...

guspav said:
    The thing is Padubast retained his consciousness when he and his people were turned into mummies, then he realized how wicked the transformation was, heard Kelemvor's calling and commited to him :grin:
    Kelemvor then promised redemption for his soul if he went on this holy quest to erradicate the undead.
    Ultimately, yes, he would then either crumble into ash or commit suicide once his mission is complete.

Are we going to get any pro-necromancy undead companions then? possibly add in a morale deduction to companions like him if you use necromancy/have undead other than him...
  14. Arctic_Howler

Currently working on...

CHIMouttathisplane said:
    Well, the D&D cartoon had Dekkion, the Celestial Warrior. A warrior from an ancient order who got turned into an undead aeons ago by an evil wizard, and interestingly - while he magically counted as an "evil undead" he retained his goodness.

skeleton%2Bwarrior.jpg

Have to admit I never watched it... but was he a servant of Kelemvor like this companion sounds? If so he should of killed himself the moment he was turned into an undead since Kelemvor detests undead so much...
  15. Arctic_Howler

Currently working on...

guspav said:
    I just finished writing the dialog of Padubast, one of the new companions.

Note that I still need to correct some spelling errors, but the dialog is at least there already!

"zombieman" kinda ruins it for me... Also... an undead on a "Holy" quest to kill undead... makes sense I guess?
  16. Arctic_Howler

Bug Reports (for Phantasy Calradia 2014 only please)

GrizzlyAdamz said:
    Are anyone else's thrown spells discharging the vast majority of the bolts about 45-degrees below the crosshair?
    At least with MM & Missile Storm I get one or two bolts where I'm aiming & the rest go into the ground.
    Occurs about 80% of the time, maybe more, & the exact degree seems to vary.

Are you raising your power throw at all and your throwing proficiency?
  17. Arctic_Howler

Currently working on...

Teofish said:
    I vote on a house rule that every time someone nags about the new version it's automatically delayed by another week. :razz:

Agreed... even if it's finished, people nagging about it should be forced to wait...
  18. Arctic_Howler

Currently working on...

Teofish said:
    Brytenwalda had several. There was especially one where you started topside and delved into an old Romantic ruin that was fairly large.

Perhaps, but Light and Darkness had and will have far more than just kill x mobs and leave. Hell even that cave in one of the villages was more imaginative than the old roman ruins...
  19. Arctic_Howler

Suggestions

therex55213 said:
    Would it be at all possible for you to design a way for us to control exactly what spells our companions know, and when they should use them? I would very much like such a thing.

I agree... teaching all my companions to learn only fireball and chaos would be very amusing... I'm not trying to make fun of this suggestion, I really would enjoy teaching my companions to unleash hell upon my enemies in the form of them only using fireballs and chaos xD
  20. Arctic_Howler

Suggestions about new troops and NPCs

Kharille said:
    Just a minor suggestion, but since battlefields are marked, perhaps you can visit battlefields afterwards and recruit troops?  Just a suggestion....

Doesn't really fit in this thread, this one is for new troops and NPCs.  However I will add to this...

With that in mind it should only be Necromancer that could do that and only in ones that actually had a certain number of participants that had so many deaths involved(would probably need to make a new way for battlefield registration within the game or add new values to the battlefield markers...), Rogues could use battlefields the same way but instead of recruitment, they could get random loot left behind, and it would also open up the option for (minor)demon recruitment due to the massive blood "sacrifice" in the area :O
Back
Top Bottom