Search results for query: *

• Users: Conners
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Conners

Kenshi -- Like Mount&Blade mixed with Fallout and X-COM

Someone pointed out a cool indie game to me recently, which reminds me of mount and blade. If you google Let's play Kenshi, you could be able to find out if you'll like the game...
  2. Conners

When to Choose What Weapon [Melee]

With the various weapon archetypes, what situation would make you prefer one over the other? To be more clear, the archetypes are swords, axes, maces, spears, knives, poleaxes, and large axes and swords (just to be general). Based off some earlier discussions, I guess spears are generally the...
  3. Conners

Armoured Codpieces

Heard of armoured codpieces. Are they effective? I'm not sure whether they work as protection, or whether they're just a fashion statement. Also, anyone know if they make moving in plate armour awkward?
  4. Conners

Coloured Armour

I recently found out how blue blued armour can get... This makes me wonder: What interesting colours did/could people make their plate armour? So far, I've seen pictures and heard of: Bronzed, orangish armour. Blued blue armour. Silver, which is pretty close the the original grey anyway. And...
  5. Conners

Anachronistic World

Quite a few settings are anachronistic in the same way as Native. They have armour and weapons which appeared sometimes thousands of years apart. What's I'm wondering is.... is there a way you could justify this kind of a world, without going for pure fantasy? Could you have fluted plate armour...
  6. Conners

Wielding Fantasy Weapons

You've all seen the fantasy weapons throughout games and cartoons. So, here's a question: If someone was incredibly strong, could they wield one of the typical overly huge weapons? Or, would there be some other problem, such as leverage? If someone was very strong (but a normal size), would it...
  7. Conners

Spear vs. Sword: Paradox of the Doppelsöldner

Had a discussion about spears and swords, at one point. The consensus still seems confused on the issue of sword vs. spear. Most of the people agree that a spear is superior in a duel, and in a formation. Yet, swordmasters received double-pay, and were often used for important jobs (and they...
  8. Conners

Extra Credits: The EC Indie Fund

Do you know Extra Credits? Inspired by Zero Punctuation's witty presentation, they use the same style in their videos. Rather than reviewing games in a profane manner, they explain areas of game-design, and talk about the potential the gaming industry has to grow and improve. The team is made...
  9. Conners

A Question of Hacking, for Great Justice! Race Limit, Item Limit.

Note that the "Hacking" is in the title because it sounds funny. A problem a mod I love is having, is that it has reached its literal limits, in items and races. This really bothers me. What I am curious of, is if it is possible to tweak up these limits by some round-about method(s).There are a...
  10. Conners

Companion Lords -- Can I un-Lord them?

Heyas. Just a quick question. When I make my companions lords, can I take them back into my party, somehow?
  11. Conners

Delete this please, I'll start a new topic in the appropriate section.

Heyas. Just a quick question. When I make my companions lords, can I take them back into my party, somehow?
  12. Conners

Question for Taleworlds as to Formulas for Modding Purposes

Looked over the various sections, and was unsure where to post this. I hope here is a sufficient place. On behalf of a tired friend, I would like to ask Taleworlds developers a question as to Mount and Blade: Warband's formulas. The mentioned friend is the modder of a popular stat-rework mod...
  13. Conners

Expanded Companions [Idea]

What would be VERY good, is if your companions became proper, deep characters, with more gameplay aspects, and not so annoying, whiny, and useless. Here are some ideas on how to improve gameplay aspects, and story aspects of the companions. Take what you like. Companions Complaining: * Extended...
  14. Conners

Crash when Bottom-slot Troop Disbanded/Upgraded out of Existence

It seems that if you have too many unit types, the bottom-slot troop type becomes all important. Disbanding or upgrading the units, as long as one remains, is fine. Get rid of the last one, and you get instant crash, no questions asked. A good temporary solution is to just move the...
  15. Conners

[Suggestion]: Chain of Command for Multiplayer

Multi-player is GREEAAT fun. But it isn't taking advantage of its full potential just yet. Based on two very good multi-player games, I think it could be improved greatly. The first is CoD4: Modern Warfare. Ignoring the game's design, what really had me going and going for so long, was the...
  16. Conners

Lords and Realms RCM (Realistic Combat Model) (Version 1.508+)

I suggest the implementation of Ron Losey's popular RCM. This game already features much interesting detail and realism--the RCM would bring the battle between armoured knights to near-reality, immersing the players even more fully in this medieval setting. Actually, I think the RCM stats will...
  17. Conners

Are there any Mods with Dual-Wielding? [Question]

Someone said they might've seen a mod with dual-wielding, and I was semi-asked to look about and see what I could find. I tried the search option, but didn't have much in results, thus why I'm posting this. Do any of you know of a mod that incorporates some form of dual-wielding? It doesn't...
  18. Conners

"I am You, the ruler of the Player Faction!" W...T....F?!?!?

I was playing Mount&Blade (0.960) and decided to go and visit one of my keeps. I noted an interesting option in development where you can get the guards to arrest someone--but I digress. I left castle to wander around the courtyard, and find MYSELF, "King Leoguard," standing their among my...
  19. Conners

Shields.... Down? And why are my archers attacking that corpse?

I don't know if it exactly counts as a bug, but my men have a habit of not using their shields when under fire from archers, that's when they have nothing better to do than block (no ranged weapons to use nor near-by enemies). One thing I'm quite certain is a bug is that archers will often fire...
  20. Conners

Earning the Companions' Respect

As it is, when you get a companion, they have 99 disposition and it can only go down from there. It should be possible to charm companions and earn their respect. Once earned, it'd be hard for a companion to leave, even if conditions are very unfavorable for a time.
Back
Top Bottom