Search results for query: *

1. Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

"Not when I just swap some towns' specializations and they go all "Oh no, my old trade route doesn't work, you've broken everything, it's the end of the word, #literallyunplayable'."

Didn't say that at all, stop being such a drama queen.

A few examples would be there used to be plentiful supplies of salt in Hakkon, now there isn't, there used to be plentiful supplies of iron in the dwarven lands and it was cheaper now that's no longer the case. Many towns/factions still don't seem to have any specialization at all in what they produce the Tolranians for instance don't seem to have any particular theme for what their villages produce and their towns manufacture.

I don't mind that a lot of this is a complexity that will never be implemented because the main focus is the 'war' aspect of the game. If you want a feedback suggestion on it though then find a way to greatly reduce trade good pricing in the buy and sell option based on trade skill and make certain goods more abundant in places where it makes sense for a caravan doing a long haul. I get that it needs to be balanced for looting purposes.

I fully understand that this is not a critical thing to focus on.
  2. Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

Sarin said:
    Roberto3371 said:
    And there you have it, if you criticise an aspect eventually someone will bring out the 'it's a war game' line. It's got trading in it dude and quite a lot of emphasis on economy if you weren't bothering about it then get rid of things like losing money if you're some distance from your enterprises. Maybe get less cranky about feedback.

You can run a trade caravan if you want. You'll just need to spend some time scouting the profitable routes. That hasn't changed. But frankly, it's boring.

Tournaments are a way to go. With 150 in every proficiency, which is easily trainable, you can win most tourneys if you have any skill. Some ranged-heavy tournaments are bit about luck so you might avoid those early on.

As old mate said up there it's about role play, I've played most of these things to death as a mercenary captain, a founder of your own faction, a lord etc. Sometimes I like to see if you can just be a merchant and make it work for some that's boring for me it's flavor, clearly someone at some point tried to make trade a more vibrant aspect of this mod with the trade ledger and various economic tweaks. I know that you can just wack together a warband and go looting bandit parties and before you know it you'll be swimming in cash my point was that just like the merchant caravans you see wandering about you wouldn't do that if you were a merchant now would you? Some mods manage a great variety of approaches with ease, some do not. I am not in any way trying to detract from the many and varied strengths that Perisno has.
  3. Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

And there you have it, if you criticise an aspect eventually someone will bring out the 'it's a war game' line. It's got trading in it dude and quite a lot of emphasis on economy if you weren't bothering about it then get rid of things like losing money if you're some distance from your enterprises. Maybe get less cranky about feedback.
  4. Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

arduus said:
    Well, it depends who you ask which mods are top mods, I would choose Perisno, AD 1257 and 12th for the top. But I can understand why you feel frustrated, some people like to roleplay as merchant or make profit buying and selling stuff on their adventures. I will see myself out before I start attacking Pendor.

Fair enough it's highly subjective on what the top mods are and each to their own.
  5. Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

I've played both these mods extensively, in Pendor troop upgrade and upkeep costs are significantly lower (Barring hero adventurers or mercenary cavalry), while it doesn't have the ability to invest through landlords It has never felt as much of a grind to get things rolling.  I never raid villages or sack towns I was going with player guides on that one, apparently it was hugely rewarding in Perisno I guess that was changed. So I spent a couple of weeks wandering around checking out the towns and all I could see was that the old trade opportunities had seemed to disappear, apparently they are just in different places now so I'll go and learn it again.
  6. Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

arduus said:
    If you need easy money, go to Vinica or Voldeberg and talk to the lord and ask for a job. He will send you to destroy a wandering criminal/snow crawler camp. It is not hard if you have equipped well your companions. You get 3500 aurum, +4 relation with the lord and 7000 exp. Wait a day and ask the lord again, he will give you the same quest.

PS: sometimes the lord of Vinica can stop giving the quest, because the camp is formed east of the town, go to Lesbere and ask Count Calarius.

It's not about not knowing how to make money it's about the viability of certain paths, if you were competing for the title of top mods for warband it would probably fall down to Perisno, Pendor, or Floris Now Pendor is doable from a multitude of paths with good balance from start to finish whereas Perisno suffers from a lot of having to find an exploit somewhere because the base game isn't very well balanced in many areas. Despite that it's an incredible mod with a lot to offer the larger battles feel a lot more epic than in Pendor or Floris for instance. I realise there is a certain level of get good for any of this I would like to point out in this case that when it comes to trade it really feels like little effort has gone into considering trade routes with an eye to balancing based on trade skill, I'll admit very few mods to warband do this well But for instance there should be dwarven trade centers where the iron is dirt cheap because it's so plentiful and somewhere else where it sells really well due to scarcity, someone with trade skill of 6-10 should be easily able to make a profit, what they should need to worry about is how to get goods from A-B without ending up at the bottom of the C as opposed to there being very few to no recognizable routes.
  7. Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

You do understand how trading works though right? With a trade skill of 10 you could barely squeeze a profit as it was, this was the only thing keeping that path viable in any sense. Perisno is a real pain for making money it only seems to favor a very strict path of a raiding/warlord.
  8. Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

Did you do something to the trading in this new build? Towns and villages used to produce certain goods and often for cheap e.g silk in elven lands, now that no longer seems to be the case, was this intentional?
  9. Getting too old to play ?

38 here unless they develop something which is even more enjoyable and still legal without being horribly harmful to your health then I doubt I will give up gaming. I only wish the people who develop PoP were working on Bannerlord, would have been released 2 years ago.
  10. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 15 - Valuable Relationships

Personally I'm just sick of wading through never ending crap to try and find any actual news regarding this product, just put out a fecking release date and stop rendering butterflies.
  11. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

I am however very excited and grateful for this release, thank you.
  12. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

I'm willing to bet you could do 3.9 before bannerlord.
  13. Dev Blog 3: Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 -1/15/17- CHANGELOG ADDED

There will be much thumb twiddling over the next few days.
  14. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 13 - Weekending

Oh just take my bottlecaps and give me a Beta to nudge around already.
  15. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I'd rather wait, the same ruddy tired justification for this incredible crawl. Give me an open Beta and take my bottlecaps quite happy to do it that way.
  16. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Another year and no game, does this company actually work on the product all the time or stage mock medieval tournaments to decide which swords they like the most?
  17. If Qualis gems were buyable... what do you think would be a fair price?

Genclone said:
    Roberto3371 said:
    Around 50-60k would seem like a fair price.

More like around 200-300k would be fair. That is WAY too cheap :grin:

Fair enough, I was just going with the price in the 'other trade menu'.
  18. Morgh DB troops to refresh the game?

Not sure about this auto calc thingy, never seemed to have a problem with it although the only time I use that is for really small battles and that's always carried unrealistic results whatever troops you have.
  19. Slaver Life?

This is one of the things that annoyed me about (native) Pendor, the man hunter line is still there it's just been replaced by bounty hunters (armed with swords because that makes so much sense) wardens and sheriffs, generally you can alter these troops a little to just give them all a mace and possibly the sheriff to be slightly less ****, they have winged maces.
  20. If Qualis gems were buyable... what do you think would be a fair price?

Around 50-60k would seem like a fair price.
Back
Top Bottom