Search results for query: *

1. Avarthon

[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

All fixed, thanks
  2. Avarthon

I also have a bug where I got like 500 identical friend requests from an unnamed joker.
  3. Avarthon

In 3v3, one captain picks 1st and 3rd and the other picks 2nd and 4th.
    Shouldn't it be 1st and 4th, and 2nd and 3rd together, or is there more to it than that?
  4. Avarthon

Slow Camera snap back after looking around with circumflex

All it does is heavily reduce the skill ceiling in group battles and make anti-ganking way less viable, especially in conjunction with the reduction in rotating speed when you're not moving.
  5. Avarthon

{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Because the only mercs dev is afg.
  6. Avarthon

You misunderstand me, I've moved on from warband and am unwilling to put in much effort to revive it atm.

I was just saying that if others wanted to, these are the changes that would be most likely to have an effect, given nothing else we've tried has worked.
    Saying that, yes there are many different variables in place to when warband initially became active. But at the same time, we can't just repeat history because it's worked before, things have changed now, and the same actions will have a different (less effective) outcome.

Regarding DM, it holds no value from my perspective, as I'm viewing the game competitively. From what I've seen, casual players who dislike duel/battle are generally more cancerous than they are positive to the comp players.
  7. Avarthon

It's never supposed to be the best gauge of skill.
    What it does is provide another level of entertainment, by making the rating a game in itself. Or at least that's how it appears to work in other games which use rating system.
  8. Avarthon

In my eyes, players who only play DM are irrelevant. If they're DM players, they probably dont intend to stick around warband for long enough to hold any value anyway.

I think the current duel server with ratings is what we could do with, but with a server that isnt complete ****.
    One with a proper sized map and no bots standing everywhere. A rating system which provides a better indication of level than the current one too.
    Besides that, i think a battle rating system in a separate ladder would be the best for activity.
  9. Avarthon

The problem is what you perceive as active.
    To me, 30 players on DM is no better than 0, as there is a ~0% chance that any player who learn through DM becomes a competitive player.

I'd say the easiest way to bring more people and to keep them, is making the game more competitive, and completely removing DM.
    Saying that, there will always be someone hosting a DM server, little we can do about that.

Maybe a ranking system on battle/duel could be a nice incentive for competition, but then it comes down to effort and events, to bring people back.
    imo not worth the effort, but I'd say that's the next step to be taking.
  10. Avarthon

The_Ludus | ft7.me | Updated to 1.170

D7C499CABBA8C56FA1EAE976ABC0376E52139067
    just another day on the ludus
    36E3838FD3E0CBE876D4BBAC2DD4A20B15FC8BE9

94C67E31FF1721E0C417764B378AB05CBD19E36C
    Maxi's lovely gf
  11. Avarthon

yedrellow said:
    In some respects this attempt to discover new mechanics is just practice for the discovery of mechanics in bannerlord, as there is very little actual point to it in the current climate.

yeah no.
    It's bannerlord which is the lost cause, and warband which we play and improve on because it is fun.
  12. Avarthon

Meevar the Mighty said:
    ...having a big influence on the meta (along with contamination from the NW meta).

No wonder no one uses their left and right attacks/blocks on native. It also explains why everyone uses awlpikes and runs around in lines on pub battles, lines up, and throws their javs simultaneously. :razz:
    but seriously i doubt NW had any impact on the meta above the average level.
  13. Avarthon

well you can't ignore the fact that duels/groupfights have been occurring almost every day for the last week or so, and spanning a fairly long time per day.
  14. Avarthon

One of the oldies from before my time it seems, bet your ID ~1?
    Unless you want DM it's not so easy to find when others are on. I'll try to post during active times here https://discord.gg/UEsbCjD, otherwise you can still see when people are on through the discord.
  15. Avarthon

Today we started training for groupfights. Now I'm certain I'll lose almost every 1v2 i encounter  :party:.

16. Avarthon

If the last 6 years taught me anything, it is that anticipation for Bannerlord is pointless.

I expect the best option would be to have it set to duels and have many admins who change it to battle when over 8 or so players are on, opposed to relying on just 1 active admin.
    However, this would involve ensuring there are no trollmins cos then it turns to cancer.

Then on top of this a rating system for duels (and maybe eventually for pub battle).
    I know bg recorded k/d, it shouldn't be too much harder to take a kill/death against a given relative rating player, run an arbitrary modification, and replace the prior rating. They did this by alias, but it'd be nicer if we could base it on id, but display the most used alias (on a website which doesn't even exist yet).

I'm 90% sure someone will come along and say something 10x better than ^ so i wont expand it further yet...
  17. Avarthon

Here's a simple way to tell if au is dead:

Decent battle server ✗
    Decent duel server ✗
    Playerbase ✓ (kinda)

gg rip
  18. Avarthon

When its 2am and you just wanna make up some bull****...
    Advertisement: Siege is the most fun game mode out there, but don't you just hate it when it gets too crowded? Well come over to jim jaedon siege. We have only 20 slots, so you're ensured to have a good time. No more will you have to worry about running into an enemy and getting into a fight, with our selection of huge maps, designed for over 100 players. And if you join within the next 2 months, you get a special deal! That's right, we're giving away 10k gold to the next 15 lucky players who accidentally join our desolate server. So what are waiting for, hop on now.
Back
Top Bottom