Search results for query: *

1. Essential mods for a new player?

Interesting.

I see all these great game of thrones mods and warhammer mods but i really just want what floris or silverstag was trying to do.

is there any expansion on floris? maybe somebody ironed out some bugs and balance issues as a side project?

i seem to remember projectiles being OP haha
  2. Essential mods for a new player?

Some People prefer silverstag to floris but having been away from mount and blade for a while i have no idea what is better anymore.
  3. Bunduk the Betrayer(true story)

captainbinary said:
    beermugcarl said:
    didn't realise it was possible for companions to go solo unless you gave them fiefs :razz:

fun story though!

Currently a bug within 0.21,

Interesting story though, these bugs can produce a lot of immersive involvement it seems, lol.

i think often imperfections can give games a flavour, often a game with no bugs is a game that is TOO good and one can't get fully immersed :razz:
  4. Bunduk the Betrayer(true story)

didn't realise it was possible for companions to go solo unless you gave them fiefs :razz:

fun story though!
  5. How are things going guys?

yeah he has been active in the forums but not much has been updated :smile:

cheers for the answer!
    completely understandable!
  6. How are things going guys?

haven't seen much developer activity in a while on my favourite mod for one of my favourite games so just making sure everyone is ok  :o no major bugs slowing you down?
  7. General Feedback: v0.15 (Current: Patch 12)

i don't think its too bad but it is a bit weird that in such a gritty game we have such a bright menu
  8. General Feedback: v0.15 (Current: Patch 12)

can i just say that the strength requirements are perfect. only drop them down by 2 max if you must bend to these whiney people who want full plate horse archers :razz:
  9. General Questions

trust me I know how annoying this question is about to be (i mod too, just not warband) but... how long do you think until the next version? I ask just because I really want two more factions...
  10. General Questions

Sort of.  A troop can be dismissed and you'll receive its "recruit type" back.  So a peasant based soldier will return a peasant to the recruitment pool.  Then you could train that peasant to be some other kind of peasant soldier.  You could not dismiss a commoner soldier and train a noble soldier though if that makes better sense.

that paragraph has put my mind entirely at ease about the new recruitment system. it makes SO MUCH more sense now :razz:
  11. Companions using ranged weapons

they would happily used ranged weps except when attacking a bandit stronghold and then for some reason they feel like standing their with their shields rather than opening fire.
  12. General Questions

Windyplains said:
    It depends on your mod difficulty setting.  For any setting, completing the background of a companion will give them a fair boost in experience turning them into a relatively useful companion.  For the "hard quests" setting this makes that companion permanently loyal, meaning that they will never complain about things or people (if they dislike someone else) and will never leave the party.  Be warned, however, that a companion's background story quest that is failed on the hardest setting will cause them to also leave your service for good.

what does the difficulty settings actually do at the game start? I play on 102% (i think..) so i wasn't sure if i wanted to fiddle with the controls as it didn't have a read me or description.
  13. computer troops map speed??

you mean the campaign map? path finding above 4 and you tend to be quicker...
  14. General Questions

ah fair enough. i really quite enjoyed the nissa quest line even.

what does it actually do? just make them constantly happy? level them up?
  15. General Questions

I want to ask a question and you don't have a question thread yet. so here. :P anyway, Do any companions other than Nissa have extra quests?
  16. [Fix] Rivacheg siege (Gameplay)

while your their could you add a couple more ladders...  so... 3 ladders... or two ladders and seige tower...
  17. Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.

sorry to be skeptical but whilst it all sounds amazing, I'm not sure how it will work especially because what you are proposing will change the gameplay by large magnitudes... what i would advise... is make it so more troops get captured so as not to eliminate the manpower.
  18. Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.

its a pity these forums don't have a rep system because your answers are deserving some form of fake internet points :razz:

is there any details on the factions? I'm curious to how you will expand the lore or if you will just through in the factions with 'here! there ya go!'
    personally i think a turkish / anatolian faction would be really cool, somewhere to the east of sarranid/khergit.
    and the lore makes mention of people to the north east of rivacheg (through a companion...) but anyway, i really liked nissa side quest and i hope you continue with giving the companions more depth :wink:
  19. Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.

couple of quick things.

won't that new recruitment system still lead to the human player having 120 knights and rolling around the countryside?

and what exactly do you mean by new factions? (just seen it a few times) do you mean you are expanding the map? or do you mean troop factions?
  20. Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.

hmm. well from having a complete free day i may have just played your mod for about 8hours straight... it feels very nice, i don't know what you have changed i just know that the combat feels more balanced than floris but that then again floris had large problems with balance (IMO)

I really like exporting the characters stats for companions, it may be considered cheating around here but i like to start everyone (including me) at lvl 14 just because i have played this game SO much that i cannot be bothered with that low level churning :razz:

anyway, i digress.
    one thing that i do put forward to you is something very small. on cities and forts instead of one ladder have three and have two ladders accompanying the seige tower (or something of the sort) I know that this is in early stages so i feel like i can't comment much but may i say that you have peaked my interest!

also, the good news is that i had no bugs (except for a weird thing where i could get multiple trade caravans following me via turning down a job from the guildmaster allowing me to take on a ghost copy of the caravan job i was already on)

I really like the upgrades for cities and villages and ESPECIALLY how the AI actually uses it (i hate to see the AI overlooked)

anyway, i only know the basics of modding warband (troop stats, equipment, etc.) I offer any services should you need them... because like i said, I have great hope for this mod :wink:

just my thoughts. sorry if i wrote too much and just came across as annoying. good luck!
Back
Top Bottom