General Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

beermugcarl

Recruit
I want to ask a question and you don't have a question thread yet. so here. :razz:

anyway, Do any companions other than Nissa have extra quests?

Not at this time.  I have another companion quest chain built, but not released at this time as it was crafted for a companion of the Floris mod that Silverstag does not have.

ah fair enough. i really quite enjoyed the nissa quest line even.

what does it actually do? just make them constantly happy? level them up?

beermugcarl said:
ah fair enough. i really quite enjoyed the nissa quest line even.

what does it actually do? just make them constantly happy? level them up?
It depends on your mod difficulty setting.  For any setting, completing the background of a companion will give them a fair boost in experience turning them into a relatively useful companion.  For the "hard quests" setting this makes that companion permanently loyal, meaning that they will never complain about things or people (if they dislike someone else) and will never leave the party.  Be warned, however, that a companion's background story quest that is failed on the hardest setting will cause them to also leave your service for good.

Windyplains said:
It depends on your mod difficulty setting.  For any setting, completing the background of a companion will give them a fair boost in experience turning them into a relatively useful companion.  For the "hard quests" setting this makes that companion permanently loyal, meaning that they will never complain about things or people (if they dislike someone else) and will never leave the party.  Be warned, however, that a companion's background story quest that is failed on the hardest setting will cause them to also leave your service for good.

what does the difficulty settings actually do at the game start? I play on 102% (i think..) so i wasn't sure if i wanted to fiddle with the controls as it didn't have a read me or description.

beermugcarl said:
what does the difficulty settings actually do at the game start? I play on 102% (i think..) so i wasn't sure if i wanted to fiddle with the controls as it didn't have a read me or description.
Look for the Mod Difficulty section.  Right now there is a known issue with garrisons being a bit stronger per difficulty level than intended and this is going to be fixed with v0.14 so I'd warn you not to run on the highest difficulty unless you really like a challenge.

Question: cannot launch

When i double click WSELoader it comes up with an error "Could not find mb_warband.exe or mb_warband_dedicated_exe"

Pleaze help me :smile:

This is a minor question not really ticket worthy.... But I don't have a whitestag module when launching warband through the WSE, did I miss something?

My apologies as this is something I definitely should have made clearer for folks.  The module you're looking for is "Floris Workshop".  Since the mod was renamed to Silverstag, I kept the module folder name the same until the next time we make a "save breaking update" to prevent folks having to figure out how to move their save games over to a new folder name.

Is there a download mirror besides the M&B Nexus? Even logged into their site I can't download the mod.

Lazuli said:
Is there a download mirror besides the M&B Nexus? Even logged into their site I can't download the mod.
No, there currently exists no other mirrors.  Is there a reason you're aware of that you can't download from Nexus?  That's a first for me.

Well this ain't worth of new ticket so i ask here:

I looked at my party morale report and i saw that i get -7 cos of Nord troops , weird thing is that i don't have any Nord troops in my party. Or is Matheld nord troop ? :S

Another one:

Telling poem to lady does not increase relationship even if she likes that poem :/ Neither it doesn't lower it even she doesn't like it ? (Am i only one with these problems ?)

Tipsu,

I've experienced the on-screen messages getting backed up and either not displaying at all or displaying later.  I think this is from all the way back to Native.

Check your recent messages log, it might show there.

Cheers.

I've noticed that when I ask where is a NPC lord, there's the option"My father, Jarl x" and when I talk to the lord x it has the option "my son, Jarl y"
Why?

Back
Top Bottom