Search results for query: *

• Users: Hypno Toad
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. [OSP][BROKEN LINKS][Texture] Riveted Chainmail Texture w/ Transparency

This was a little experiment I did in class to derive a consistent chainmail texture with transparency. It was modeled in Blender/Maya and then rendered out with AO and textured in gimp to create a working source texture. Didn't turn out as well as I had hoped (more an issue with execution, not...
  2. Protective qaulities of Gambeson

Saw this little segment in a documentary recently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CULmGfvYlso I've been a peddler of the fact that mail + gambeson is almost indestructible by any medieval standard, but even this test took me by surprise. I had no idea that padded armors are so resilient by...
  3. [OSP][Item] Scottish Claymore Mod Resource

I wasn't able to find any claymores among the OSP stuff. I made these for The Imperial Simulacrum, but I figured I may as well post them as a modders resource as well. File contains 2 meshes and one material worth of textures. Both are proportioned and based off of surviving claymores from...
  4. Terrible, terrible performance with GTX 560Ti and newer nvidia drivers

This problem has been plaguing me for a while and I want to see if anybody else suffers from it. If I use any drivers new than about 301.42 (those are my "last" working drivers) my performance is essentially cut in half. With any nvidia drivers newer than 301.42 scenes where I would normally...
  5. Historically accurate crossbow re-texures

I made this mostly for personal use but figured I may as well post it if anybody else wants it. I never liked the way the M&B crossbows looked, and on top of that steel-prod crossbows weren't really around in significant quantity until the 1300's/1400's so the steel siege crossbows are a bit out...
  6. Heraldic Armor Rextexture

I always like to make one female character in warband mods, but the old vanilla heraldic armor is the only decent looking armor in that regard. Given that the defualt one looked nothing like any of the new mail surcoats, I just gave it a quick retexture to make it look more like the others...
  7. Quick module system question

What file are the variables such as "tf_female" "tf_male" and "tf_hero" and "tf_undead" stored in? I'm hoping to add a few more options manually.
  8. SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Forward Note This thread will be updated and improved as I go, so things are going to be a bit baron at the start. Feel free to pose questions/ideas and I'll make a Q&A and build up the thread as I go. I've been working off and on for a few months on this as a personal project and I feel it's...
  9. MP Other Bagpipe Sound Replacement - StrathendrickPiper Versions

Small mod I made here that replaces four of the bagpipe songs with versions from this channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/StrathendrickPiper The songs that got replaced are "My Mome," "Cock O' The North" "Black Bear" and "Skye Boat Song." Their tempos and playing length have been modified to...
  10. "What is chamber blocking?" - Slow motion example .GIFs

I know most seasoned MP players understand the what/how of chamber blocking, but I hear a lot of "what's chamber blocking?" so I made these as a handy go-to reference. Slowed down to 50% speed so you can see the delio when fighting AI, I'll also provide a small explanation if you have no idea...
  11. Movement Inertia

Habitually the only way I play the game now is by spinning around people and doing weirdo speed bonus tricks to hit them first, so on so fourth, etc, etc. We're all familiar with the dance-fighting in the game. As it is now in Mount and Blade (and NW, duh) your player character retains forward...
  12. Javelins in Brytenwalda

One of brytenwaldas objectives is to create realistic combat, and for the most part I think it's done that very well. Good historical accuracy and more slugfest/skirmish melee combat (like it should be) However one historical misconception that really bothers me is the accepted fact that...
  13. Polearm Axes?

Just a little tweak that could be made for the next update.. Why not allow the long two handed axes to be used in a polearm fashion as well (IE: Use X to switch between weapon modes) IIRC the dane-style axes were not nessarily intended to be used in a "two handed" fighting style, but more as a...
  14. Mod Tweak: Expanded Armor/Weapon Merchant Inventories

For 1.391. I was always a bit puzzled why things like Scale Armor, Lamellar, and some colors/styles of other armors and helmets never ever showed up in merchant inventories under any circumstances; and yet many troops and some nobles have them, as if they appeared out of thin air. Likewise many...
  15. Half XP...?

I updated to 1.391 today, and I can't help but noticing I seem to be recieving a fraction of the XP points for kills that I got before. Is this a bug or is it a game mechanic? It wasn't listed in the changelog so it's hard to tell... If this is an intentional game mechanic, you really should be...
  16. Armor and weapon grade for NPCs

Bit of a small question, but I notice when using a siege crossbow against Sarranid Master Archers that I get rather inconsistant damage values. I may shoot one guy in the head and have it do a mere 45 damage, other times I may shoot them in the head and get 65 damage and drop him in one hit...
  17. Can't collect taxes for lords, do siegework, raid villages, etc

Im not sure if this is a bug or some sort of feature Im not unerstanding, but it's really inhibiting me from progressing much further into the game. Any action that requires me to wait (see thread title) jsut doesnt work. Ill wind up simply "waiting" but whatever activity Im doing fails to...
  18. Blacksmiths/Special Weapons & Armor

Sorry if this has an obvious answer, but I've been trying to find these "talented blacksmiths" to which tavern owners allude. I see their names such as "blahblah of Caer Peris" but I have no idea how to actually find them. Are they on the streets of their city? In the meadhalls, are they the...
Back
Top Bottom