Search results for query: *

1. Dansk viking

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

It's evolving... Now you (and the NPCs) have to actually mirror the zone to perform a master strike.

2. Dansk viking

anyone concerned about 1.5.0

Stabbing with spears is apparently ineffective 9/10 times. If you're lucky you get like 35 damage, while a swing with a two-hander does 100+...
  3. Dansk viking

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

About bracing spears-it doesn't rear the horse sometimes. I thought at first that it was because it didn't meet a damage treshold but after further testing even when dealing 200 damage sometimes it doesn't rear the horse.Is this intentional or a bug? If its intentional what is causing it?
    This. 170 damage with a braced pike, the horseman just rides on and kills the teammate behind me...

Also, no bracing for "long" spears either...

Just give it to all spears but limit it to two handed mode.
  4. Dansk viking

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

ehh, angle to rear horse has been widened to not necessarily. I’d like to try it out before I judge that though :wink:

There's also this on top...
    All Horses hit points increased by 20.
  5. Dansk viking

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Spear Bracing:
    Only possible with lances and pikes.

So regular spears are as useless as ever against charging cav... Bah.
  6. Dansk viking

Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

Two main things that would make me play Bannerlord again:

1. Battle mode.

2. Rebalancing spears vs. horses, in favour of spears.

Reading this thread gives me some moderate degree of hope...
  7. Dansk viking

MP Countering cav in skirmish

Horses are way too tough, and in general spears need to be made good again - not only against horses. It's no coincidence that the spear was the main weapon through the history of mankind. More often than not now it damages around 5-25 depending on your range and movement, which is way too low compared to other weapons - oftentimes also resulting in no stun, so you will get hit in return if they can reach you.

I very often find myself stabbing a fully charging horse (people have learnt not to fear spears) that then takes around 60 damage (which is ridiculous) rears, then if I stab it again it takes about 20-25 damage each time, which means it simply rides off again. Utterly stupid.

If spears could be braced, that would also be an improvement. Horses riding into a braced spear should be completely dead...
  8. Dansk viking

Resolved endless troops from clan member party (abuse or bug)

Just encountered this. So broken. Please fix it.
  9. Dansk viking

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Hastings (March, 29th)

Clan Name: Hæringar, Erlingar, (and Fyrningas)
    Clan Thread(If any): Hæringar, Erlingar, (Fyrningas)
    Expected numbers: 6-10
    We have read and agreed with the rules: Yes.
    We understand and accept to fight in one of the host alongside other clans during the first phase: Yes.
    Leader Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/EkErilaz/

You can use this name for Normans: Maisun dErlun et Lu del nort
    Or this for Englisc: Eorlingas ond Háringas

You can use us for balance. We don't really mind which side we're on.

Also this is a mashup banner we've used before:
    o4y23J1.png
  10. Dansk viking

Scully said:
    Are enemies equally aggressive when fighting in groups or less so in fear of striking their allies. Could be a cluster**** if they go full aggro.

With my mod compilation they'll be very aggressive also in big groups unlike in Vanilla where they tend to just circle you and attack one at a time.

Captured Joe said:
    Sounds quite realistic tbh, it should be very difficult to win from two enemies fighting you at once.
    BenKenobi said:
    Yea, but KDC fighting more enemies is difficult primarily because the fight system is not built for it at all.

Both of these statements are true. Though there are ways to make fighting multiple enemies easier and more dynamic despite the duel-focused combat system.

From the modding forums:
    How do you fight against group of 2 or more?

That's a good question. I used to play with a version that simply disabled the increased attack delay per enemy, but I found that I would probably have to tune it down a bit for it to appeal to other players. The settings that we have now are pretty drastic compared to default anyway, so I guess I'll have to explain.

First of all, if you are unskilled (character and/or player) or not well armoured, fighting against more than two opponents is folly. Just run to your horse and try to get away... fight another day.

If you are skilled and well armoured however, there are a few recommendations I can offer (but again, facing more than three would be folly unless they are unarmoured thugs):
    - Keep enemy archers directly behind the other enemies facing you, as far as possible; that'll make them less likely to shoot you, and may sometimes result in friendly fire.
    - Don't get surrounded (turning up your FOV in the settings will help you with peripheral vision), try to move in a way that keeps all your enemies in front of you.
    - Wait for one of the enemies to attack, block that, then switch opponent and stab at the other guy (when the AI has attacked they will almost inevitably have a few seconds delay, meaning you can have a couple of exchanges with one of the other enemies in the meantime - don't push your luck though).
    - Focus on one at a time if you can (e.g. the one with the least armour), if you manage to take out one, you'll have a much easier time.
    - Probing with the stab (preferably aimed at unarmoured areas) when you have the opportunity is probably your best chance to land a hit, but be ready to backpedal or perfect block.
    - An effective and reliable way to switch opponent is essential. I personally recommend binding the "Unlock target" key to something that you can easily access and use while in combat (I use L Alt). Holding this down allows you to point towards the target that you want to switch to, then release the button to lock on. You can also use this quickly to get a look at your flanks, just make sure you lock on before an enemy attacks, otherwise you'll be unable to block.
    - Also note that you don't have to be locked unto the target that's attacking you to block his attacks. If you're locked on the guy next to him, you can still press the block key at the correct time to switch automatically to the attacker and block the incoming attack. Keep a constant overview of your opponents' movements, and don't lose visual. If two enemies attack at the same time, you will often be able to block both if you block one of them.
  11. Dansk viking

If you think the AI master strikes too much, or you're tired of winning by clinching or waiting for master strike, try my combat tweaks: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/651

12. Dansk viking

Screenshots and Videos!

Johny_Nawalony said:
    84AE0A6BE5AE1E25A59C7D976B8E0CCCB61DDEB1

57D6BCD9ABE2DD4308E917A30DD50A2A95E8873A

17C8E6E716B8B6137CBAB566456A7A4E5EE97139

Those are some nice addition. Always had a thing for capes...
  13. Dansk viking

The next DLC "Band of Bastards" which appears to be a continuation of the main story is set to be released soon, before the end of this year, at least according to the plan they presented in May. They've been keeping any information behind locked doors it though, so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

But I suppose, if you haven't finished the main quest yet, it wouldn't hurt to start a new game before the coming DLC.
  14. Dansk viking

All of those concerns are valid, but not quite as much so as when the game was first released; they did tweak the increase in damage you gain from levelling for example, and many of the other issues are fixed by mods.

I linked to my own compilation above, and one of its main purposes is to improve combat (especially to tone down the exponential progression and make player skill as opposed to character skill more important). The "riposte/counter-attack" (proper term in the game is "master strike"), the one that is unblockable, has been severely limited, only triggering very rarely and being very hard to perform for the Player. It's triggered by the same mechanic as the "perfect block", but with a shorter window to press the block button. Without the mod, when you're high level, you perform this all the time when blocking, even against high level opponents. With the mod, it's extremely unlikely to trigger when you're fighting a skilled opponent, and still pretty unlikely against lower proficiency enemies. In addition the extremely OP clinch has been modified to be much harder to abuse, so you now actually have to tire your enemy down before you can win one (and get a free hit, again making it easier to attack or repeat the clinch-hit-spam). You now have to use combos to get past a good defence; the master strikes of your opponents have been toned down, but the probability for dodges and perfect blocks has been increased, so you won't be able to land every combo that you start, which would've made the game way too easy. It's more likely they'll either dodge one of your attacks (in which case you're fine, since you can just restart your combo) or they perfect block you (in which case you'll have to perfect block a potential return blow, and perhaps go through two or three exchanges before one of you either cancel the attack or get hit). All in all, it makes for a much more player skill based experience.

You still need to spar with Bernard in the beginning, firstly to gain the more advanced techniques (perfect block, master strike, and combos), and secondly to gain just a few levels to get your attack speed and defensive capabilities up a bit.

As for the saving, again there are mods out there if you're so inclined.
  15. Dansk viking

Not so many bugs anymore, the only real issue left is optimisation. It requires a serious rig to run smoothly, especially in crowded areas.

Also, the author of this seems familiar...

PS. If you're not too worried about spoilers, Gopher's Let's Play is quite entertaining (and painful when he fails at the most basic tasks...):

16. Dansk viking

“Outlaw King” Robert the Bruce movie.

Jock said:
    Douglas guy was awesome tho.

Most memorable character, definitely, alternating between epicness and comic relief, but somehow in a good way. Had to look the historical guy up, and he really was epic. He's now forever imprinted in my mind as Sir James "Dual-Wield" Douglas the Black. In one of the scenes he seems to be fiddling with two swords in their camp, and I just made a joke about him dual wielding them, and he actually ends up doing that throughout the rest of the film.  :facepalm:

That warface...  :lol:

17. Dansk viking

Europa Barbarorum 2 is out (beta?)

Scuba Steve said:
    There's certain parts of the Medieval 2 engine that are better than RTW's, but the actual battles and pathfinding is not one of them.

This. For me the combat and pathfinding in M2TW always seems so clumsy compared to RTW.

... and now that M2TW's graphics are pretty outdated anyway, I think it has pretty little going for it compared to RTW.
  18. Dansk viking

Blog 1 - RaW 2.6 what? Where? When?

The fact that you're not only making a great MP mod, but also an impressive SP one, makes your continued work worth it (SP mods can have a life of their own far beyond what MP mods can when player numbers drop). This mod is the most exciting one still in development, in my opinion. Keep it up!  :party:
  19. Dansk viking

Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Looks all right. I think it should rest in the high position though, and the left-hand shield movement should be minimised.
  20. Dansk viking

Back
Top Bottom