1. Crazy-Q

OSP Code SP The World Map to show the exact realm of factions

Wow, very nice!  This is just awesome!  :shock: 

Great job! 
  2. Crazy-Q

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

_Sebastian_ said:
    Good morning.

I runned into a little problem with an item.
    It has a secondary mode and this second item uses a different model.
    The problem is, that the model wont be changed if I switch to the secondary mode.

I tried different weapon types, flag orders, etc. but it sill wont work.

I hope someone of you knows a solution... here is the item.
    Code:
     ["ramrod", "Ramrod", [("ramrod_a",0)], itp_type_polearm|itp_wooden_parry|itp_two_handed|itp_primary|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_no_blur|itp_next_item_as_melee, itc_cutting_spear|itcf_carry_spear, 0, weight(4.8)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(70)|weapon_length(185)|swing_damage(17,blunt)|thrust_damage(11,blunt), imodbits_none ],
    ["ramrod_alt", "Ramrod", [("ramrod_b",0)], itp_type_polearm|itp_wooden_parry|itp_two_handed|itp_primary|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_no_blur, itc_cutting_spear|itcf_carry_spear, 0, weight(4.8)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(70)|weapon_length(170)|swing_damage(20,blunt)|thrust_damage(14,blunt), imodbits_none ],

As far as I know that's not possible to do.  I think you need to keep the same mesh. 
  3. Crazy-Q

Bug reports

Certain meshes crash the program when trying to generate LODs. 
  4. Crazy-Q

HDR mode?

HDR doesn't work properly with antialiasing enabled, disable anti aliasing (or you might be able to put it on it's lowest setting, it's been a while and I can't remember exactly) and then you will be able to set HDR to full.

You might be able to set HDR to full and force anti aliasing in the Nvidia Control Panel though. 
  5. Crazy-Q

so when are we getting the new board?

tialexandre said:
    think im a newbie? ney hey... it's been 5 years im playing M&B... not 2...
    my forum account might be newbie but im not
    Take heart, the person calling you a newbie probably hasn't touched Mount&Blade in as many years as you've been playing it.  :razz:

iIrc, we'll see a board when there's a release date. 
  6. Crazy-Q

swysdk — you were waiting for it

Wow, things have really progressed since I left.

I might just have to get back into modding...  :eek:
  7. Crazy-Q

Goker's Moderator restored - turned into a "Ragnors M&B2 spoiler" thread

Moss said:
    Crazy-Q said:
    People are looking at it the wrong way.  Don't remove a mod and try to sell it, and Goker wouldn't have said anything to begin with.  That's where my fault with TaleWorlds is.  And Goker did the right thing and said something, but if TaleWorlds is doing the former, the latter should only be expected. 
    Like I said, if your problem is that it used to be a mod, maybe you need to take a look at whether your problem is with what they're releasing, or if your problem is just that you're angry that you're not getting something for nothing. If it's worth you buying as a DLC then you'll buy it, if it's not worth it then you won't. If your problem is with the mod version no longer being released, TaleWorld's offered to give the mod team access to the engine and a release as an official product, it was up to the mod team whether they wanted to say yes or no. If they'd never released a mod version at all people would be commending TW for giving community members the opportunity to develop officially supported expansions and get paid for it not that they've somehow 'stolen' a mod and are holding it to ransom.
    Actually, I'm upset that they're taking away a mod and selling it, because it's a cheap way to make money, and a slap in the face to the community.  If they hired modders to make something from scratch, ok, but basically taking an existing mod and selling it, that's no ok in my book.  That goes against half the reasons I've modded my heart out on this engine.  From that point of view, this just hurts.  Not because none of my mods are being sold (before people start playing that card) but because mods are being taken away and sold as is.  WFAS is a mod, but I won't complain about that.  They licensed the engine to make the game.  M&M licensed the engine to make money off of a mod they'd already made. 
  8. Crazy-Q

People are looking at it the wrong way.  Don't remove a mod and try to sell it, and Goker wouldn't have said anything to begin with.  That's where my fault with TaleWorlds is.  And Goker did the right thing and said something, but if TaleWorlds is doing the former, the latter should only be expected. 
  9. Crazy-Q

MrNomNom said:
    Goker's moderator status removed for having an opinion.

Jhessail is still a moderator.

wat
    :lol: 

If I had a dime for all the times she went ape**** on me... 

I think this shows the devs don't honestly give a **** about the community, just the money. 
  10. Crazy-Q

say cheese

It did? 

EDIT:  Oh getting undeleted?  I asked Janus to do that since Swyter requested it, so I guess my posts could all still be found for reference.  I don't have the login details though. 
  11. Crazy-Q

say cheese

Hey guys, COGlory here, not sure who remembers me.  :razz:

Certainly been a while, not planning on staying but I thought I'd pop back in with a pic. 
    QHUOO.jpg

Me playing airsoft with a screwed up beret (I fixed it a few second later, never fear) and still got my baby face despite paying taxes now...
  12. Crazy-Q

Eiríkr Rauði said:
    Since when have TaleWorlds been aware of "Community Management"?  :eek:
    I know, right? 

Goker, thanks for having some integrity. 

Maybe they're just afraid of the "Warband should be free" spiel all over again. 

I've been playing and modding this game for years, and this is just an insult and a slap in the face.  I am truly disappointed. 
  13. Crazy-Q

Magorian Aximand said:
    Crazy-Q said:
    Wow, haven't been here in a while, but yeah, this whole thing, DLC and removal, utter bull****.  (I'm COGlory btw :razz:)

Still a fundie? :razz:
    Ofc, better and stronger than ever.  :razz:  Getting close to proving God.  :wink:
  14. Crazy-Q

Kazzan said:
    Good to see you COGlory, still remember your old mates?
    How's CoR doing these days?  :razz: 

FrisianDude said:
    Crazy-Q said:
    Wow, haven't been here in a while, but yeah, this whole thing, DLC and removal, utter bull****.  (I'm COGlory btw :razz:)
    :shock:
    :lol:

Yeah I heard about this and raeged much. 
  15. Crazy-Q

16. Crazy-Q

Transfer: M&B Repository -> M&B Nexus

Janus, I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all your hard work maintaining the Repository, Janus.  I'm almost a little teary-eyed seeing it go after all these years.  :cry:

Also, transition went very smoothly,  thanks Dark0ne.  :smile: 
  17. Crazy-Q

[B] Imperium Graecorum

http://www.igmod.net/downloads
  18. Crazy-Q

Official 3D art thread - Warband

ilovemyhedgehog said:
    Whats better for rigging triangles or quads? Or does it not matter?
    Triangles are the most basic, 3d, polygonal form.  (Only 3 vertices.)  Quads are easy but tris are infinitely more valuable to work with. 

Not exactly a 3d model, but I've been working on the semblance of a rendering engine.  Currently I've got heightmap generation, so I used it to make this Darth Vader face.  :razz: 
    44364664.png

19. Crazy-Q

Federick421 said:
    I told you as precisely as I can. Can't get get anymore exact as I follow exactly what the tutorial told me to do. I think they should make the tutorials clearer
    Will they get paid too?  That'd be sweet.  :razz:

Run build_module.bat
    After it runs, right click it and choose "Select all"
    Press Ctrl+X
    Paste it here.  Then we'll be able to see the error. 

Federick421 said:
    I installe python 3.6
    Did you mean 2.6?  Python 3.6 does not exist. 
  20. Crazy-Q

How would I go about determining the faction of individual parties?  I'm in a bit of a brain fog here, I think I'm missing something obvious.  Basically I'm trying to figure out a way to make a script that would take a town's culture's religion, and the current controlling faction's religion into determination so it would affect revolt risk, market prices, etc.  First part is easy because it's all constants:

Code:
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_1", slot_town_religion, 1),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_2", slot_town_religion, 1),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_3", slot_town_religion, 1),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_5", slot_town_religion, 1),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_12", slot_town_religion, 1),
    		#forn sior
    		#none
    		#behdinan
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_19", slot_town_religion, 3),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_20", slot_town_religion, 3),
    		#sons of tengri
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_4", slot_town_religion, 4),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_6", slot_town_religion, 4),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_7", slot_town_religion, 4),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_16", slot_town_religion, 4),
    		#al-muminum
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_21", slot_town_religion, 5),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_22", slot_town_religion, 5),
    		#no religion
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_8", slot_town_religion, 0),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_9", slot_town_religion, 0),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_11", slot_town_religion, 0),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_13", slot_town_religion, 0),

Second part I can't quite figure out a way.  I might be able to do something like:
    Code:
            (store_faction_of_party, ":party_1_faction" "p_town_1"),
    		(try_begin),
    			(eq, ":party_faction", "fac_kingdom_1"),
    			(assign, "$_party_1_faction", 1), #swap out globals for slots
    		(else_try),
    			(eq, ":party_faction", "fac_kingdom_2"),
    			(assign, "$_party_1_faction", 2),
    		(else_try),
    			(eq, ":party_faction", "fac_kingdom_3"),
    			(assign, "$_party_1_faction", 3),
    		(else_try),
    			(eq, ":party_faction", "fac_kingdom_4"),
    			(assign, "$_party_1_faction", 4),
    		(try_end),
    However, since it's something that could change frequently, and would be called upon determining merchant prices, as well as in cron jobs, and there's a lot of parties I need to check, (I would have to run that ~22 times, add 1 for each town I add) that would be rather inefficient, I think.

Any ideas?  Thanks. 

EDIT:  I think the answer may have just hit me.  If I slot the party faction without trying to determine it:
    Code:
    [code]        (store_faction_of_party, ":party_1_faction" "p_town_1"),
      	    (party_set_slot, "p_town_1", slot_town_faction, ":party_1_faction"),

I can determine with a much smaller scope only when it's required.  Still, opinions would be appreciated. 
Back
Top Bottom