Search results for query: *

1. Darmoth

My name is Jay, and I'm addicted to mounted combat...

Thank you all very much. Yeah, in the beginning it's roughest. I felt a bit like Wile E. Coyote holding up a little help sign every time I encounter any mounted or armored bandits. I'll take a look at the mods mentioned... setting up divisions would be really helpful. Stopping cavalry charges will be priority. Didn't quite have the same trouble in Mount & Blade with Fire and Sword, because of the cavalry nerf, and just about every other unit uses a pole arm of some kind.
  2. Darmoth

My name is Jay, and I'm addicted to mounted combat...

For years now, (what, 2007-8?) I've played Mount & Blade... always as cavalry, either horse archer or charging down my enemies and skewering them on my lance. (Actually, the war fork is my favorite.) Thing is... I -want- to try and play a game as infantry. (I suppose Rhodoks or the Nords would...
  3. Darmoth

SP Musket Era Enhancement Mod. Rule your own kingdom! 1.75 final. Open mod source code.

I thought I read this mod made Okasana and Ingri now get a long? Right now Ingri is not only complaining about Okasana, but also seems confused as to her gender, and caste. <_< For me anyway...

EDIT: Uh... she now thinks Algirdas is a woman who was treating her horses as well?  :lol:

EDIT 2: And... now Okasana is telling me she would've left a long time ago if it weren't for Ingri, "the old man has taken the place of my late father." I am so confused. Hahahaha

"And he seems to have taken a fancy to me as well..." I can't... I can't... I have lost the ability to can.  :lol:
  4. Darmoth

MP Musket Era [WB] Colonial Conquest: William's War (Signatures on the Media Post)

Thus my confusion.  :lol:

I didn't think any Dutch would be out that way for quite some time! (Or anyone else for that matter.)
  5. Darmoth

MP Musket Era [WB] Colonial Conquest: William's War (Signatures on the Media Post)

Smissen said:
    P.S: I know a lot about the Dutch colonies in Western America

Wait what? I wasn't aware there were any in "Western" America.  :shock:
  6. Darmoth

New patch (soon or not so)

nox said:
    asterix 2010 said:
    hey nox i was just wondering if...

mabye you could connect the militas that you recriut in villages to the higher end troops like in warband
    thx.

I want to, and intend to work on that.  I can't do any content changes until we move into that phase though.

Gotta work on fixing the present bugs before new ones pop up? AmIright?  :wink:
  7. Darmoth

Final Border?

sayem3250 said:
    U have to defeat Kingdom of Sweden, Cossack Hetmanate & Muscovite Tsardom to fulfill this quest...... :smile:

But alas.......when u'll finish this quest a terrible thing shall happen  :!

But... why is the vodka always gone?!  :cry:
  8. Darmoth

Odd Pistol Animations Bug

Weird... I noticed that the Handmade Dutch Pistol uses the same reload animation as the Double Barrel Dutch pistol for me... (takes twice as long as it should) I've got both in my inventory, I'll have to double check them tomorrow.
  9. Darmoth

Best weapons, armor, horse,...

Brownboot said:
    I am really dissappointed by not being able to see the handcrafted items before ordering them =/.  In a roleplaying game where you might want your dude to look a certain way that seems like a misstep to me. 

I also ran into the hiccup of ordering the black armor and not being strong enough to wear it.  Now for the next three levels I have to sink pts into strength =/.

For future reference. http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount%26Blade:_With_Fire_%26_Sword#Crafted_Items

Cheers!  :mrgreen:
  10. Darmoth

Towns v.s. Fortresses?

Adijazz1706 said:
    original said:
    Darmoth said:
    Also in the event a town is under siege but you must contact the mayor, just go to the town square and walk around 'til you find him standing there.

Loophole! This should be fixed.
    Will be fixed in a patch though haven't seen a real patch with bugfixes since the first one a month ago. Wonder when the next one is coming.

Uh guys... this was how you contacted the mayor/guild master in the first two Mount & Blades. The shortcut on the main screen when you click on the town is just a convenience.  :lol:
  11. Darmoth

Towns v.s. Fortresses?

Also in the event a town is under siege but you must contact the mayor, just go to the town square and walk around 'til you find him standing there.
  12. Darmoth

modding text?

Foopaux said:
    I'm a Christan who likes war games, but has zero tolerance for profanity and suggestive content. There is your explanation.

Yeeeaaah. I think most of us figured that out. But I was confused by your change of accounts from a knightly order to play on the phrase faux pas.

To speak plainly without any judgements, I think it will be much easier to do this kind of editing when the module system is released. If Caba`drin's suggestions aren't working I don't know what to tell you.
  13. Darmoth

Best weapons, armor, horse,...

My advise? Don't waste your money with the Horse Master, he'll take two weeks to get you a thoroughbred horse with the same stats as one you could've just bought from the market place.

Statistically the best armor is the Hand Crafted Black Armor if you like to ride horses, as not only does it provide great torso protection, but gives the best leg protection out of all the armors available. Also the best helmet is the Hand Crafted Armlet. It's a closed helm, requires 14 Strength I think. Looks a little odd for a marksman.

Now for guns... the Double Barrel Dutch Pistol is pretty epic. Good accuracy, good damage, it can be reloaded while running if you're on foot (like all pistols) and can be fired from horseback. The most accurate weapon is the Hand Crafted European Musket, something like 97 accuracy. Awesome damage too, only surpassed by the Hand Crafted Turkish Musket in damage I believe. Of course the downside is the muskets can't be fired from horseback, and you have to remain stationary to reload them.

I'd skip the Hand Crafted Double Barrel Carbine, it has worse accuracy and damage than the Double Barrel Dutch Pistol. I'd also skip the Hand Crafted Dutch Pistol, as it seems bugged... it seems to be using the double barreled pistol reload animation, so it's taking twice as long to reload as it should. If you do want a carbine though, it's hard to go wrong with the Hand Crafted Carbine. My favorite pistol so far is probably just the Hand Crafted Pistol. Not as spectacular as any of its contemporaries in damage or accuracy but it has the fastest reload time. (The "Reload Rate" for the double barrel pistols is higher, but remember it's reloading two barrels, so still takes longer.)

Finally the best sword I'd say, the Hand Crafted Broad Sword, excellent cutting and stabbing damage. Its appearance is the same as the Scottish Broad Sword.

Also, it doesn't matter what town you order these from. :smile:
  14. Darmoth

A few questions about the armor and weapon maker

Yep the armors have better stats than their standard equivalents even with the "Lordly" pre-fix.

And yes, the broadsword can be swung and thrust both. It has the same appearance as the Scottish Broadsword.
  15. Darmoth

how to rout

Yep, grenades provide a great deal of shock value, even if they don't do a lot of killing.

Another thing I've found that works is ordering my men to hold fire and lining them up, once the enemy is in reasonable range I give the fire at will order, and the massive volley of all troops firing at once has seemed to route some of the lesser troops. It can be pretty devastating, so long as you don't wait too long.. because sometimes your musketeers will derp and continue to stand there with their sword drawn...
  16. Darmoth

krallık askerleri

batuhan5439 said:
    İlk once kırımdan baslamak isterim Yeniçeri,serduk,bayrak,azap,vs  Rus carlıgı  Moskova atlıları milis silahsor mızrakcı milis kazak atamanlıgı mizrakcı milis acemi kazak mizrakcısı kazak mızrakcısı
    lehistan Kanatlı hüssar leh süvarisi leh piyadesi leh mızrakcısı le silahsoru isvec veteran iskoc mizrakcısı
    iskoc mizrakcısı iskoc piyadesi
    sorularınızı cevaplarım

Not arkadaşlar daha fazla askerler var benim bildiklerim bu kadar yanlıssa ozur dilerim
    Okay, but where do we find an inflatable raft large enough to hold all the strippers?
  17. Darmoth

Vodka

Consumable might be a better choice of words... you don't usually eat vodka.  :lol:

Okay.. lastnight I had a few jello-shots made with vodka, but still...  :lol:
  18. Darmoth

Firearms nonsense

Eh, I'm some what fuzzy on this aspect, but rifling muskets comes along later I believe. It was certainly far from wide spread if rifling was used much at all. I believe rifling didn't become major until late 18th century, only then with the advent of machines to make the rifling process easier and more even.
  19. Darmoth

Firearms nonsense

Actually the muskets ARE rifles. The word musket just refers to specific to a subgroup of rifles. The carbines are shortened rifles, this principle is still in use today across the world. :smile:

Carbines are shortened rifles (in this case, shortened muskets) that were designed to be shorted and more compact so they could be fired and reloaded from horseback.

Now given some carbines, depending on how well made, could potentially be more accurate than a full length weapon, however the general consensus is that the longer barreled weapon will be more accurate.

EDIT: Also, yes you'd think that the double barrel weapons could be more inaccurate, but I don't know. I'd think the main difference would that they were heavier and slower to reload. The head scratching part to me was that the double barreled pistol is more accurate than the double barreled carbine.
  20. Darmoth

Best 'camp town' implementation?

I think this is a great idea.

To start with the play would need to have enough troops, as in the man power to undertake the project, and fund it. Engineering should play a key role I think as well, and it should include improvements. Additionally I'd like to think perhaps that as the player's renown grows, they should be able to appoint people, similar to cities/towns. Perhaps some drill masters that would let the players have practice fights/shooting/riding ect like the training camps in Warband did. After all I'd imagine firing drills were common practice in this day and age for musketeers, though that is speculation on my part.

Again as renown grows, perhaps the outpost could attract armorers, weapons smiths, or even just a regular ol' smithy. I mean horses need to be reshoed after all. These things could function as stores... or perhaps as bonuses that granted a regular income or even perhaps grant a bonus such a reduced upkeep (wages) for certain types of troops.

The other obvious add ons would be things like improving the fortifications, perhaps digging a well, a lookout tower, a messenger post, a makeshift prison ect.
Back
Top Bottom