Search results for query: *

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Just got back into PoP when I heard 3.6 came out. I want to try playing with just companions and a small warband of cavalry (maybe 20-25 tops) for a while. I have my 11 companion planned out. I need to gather some coin though and thought I would try my hand at trading, like I used to in vanilla.

I have been all around the world 3 times and have barely found anything that,  I thought, was the common trade goods (Iron in some of the Ravenstern cities, Flax from the Frieds and dates from Dshar is what I am trying so far). Buying prices are higher than selling prices.

TLDR - my quick question is: Does the economy take time to establish itself or am I just going through some bad luck?
  2. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Purposedly as in the pendor developpers don't want people to use TweakMB?

Forgot about the quick question thread - thanks!
  3. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Has anyone tested TweakMB with pendor 3.6 yet? Or is it just plain not compatible?
  4. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I know for a fact that this question has been answered, probably many times. I actually had done this when I last played PoP. But search is failing me. Or I am failing @ search...

Could someone please "remind" me how to change to equipment given during in-town missions? Specifically I just want to get a shield and sword instead of that stupid staff. Is that something I can use TweakMB for or is it a manual edit?

Thanks!

**edit
    Actually I figured which values to change where. I still need to figure out what the item ID for an iron sword and regular shield are. Anyone know this from memory per chance?
  5. Won't validate my Steam CD key

katastrophi said:
    I'm still having the same authentication problem, both steam and paradox interactive not replying or helping. Pretty disappointed i've owned the game over a week and have been unable to play it :/

coldwarz said:
    Already did this Kleidophoros. My game is activated in gamersgate, paradox forums and talesworld. What I am trying to do is activate it trough Steam, since it is the client that have most of my games and where I have most buddies playing. I have even included in my game library like a non-steam game, I just wonder why all this mess with the keys and why can´t I activate it there :/
    I´ve already saw all kinds of speculation like, "steam didn´t sold it to you", "steam didn´t get their share", "the games have nothing to do with steamworks", but since they sell the game, have it´s publicity and give the possibilty of retail versions being activated, logically they get their part and should let digital versions sold here, directly from the dev, that give us 4x4 keys be activated there.

Got my response from Paradox (after 7 days):

You have bought a non-Steam version of the game and we, unfortunately, can't exchange your non-Steam version for the Steam version.
    If you want the game on Steam you'll need to buy the game on Steam or buy it from a retailer that explicitly states that the game uses Steam for activation.

So yay.
  6. Won't validate my Steam CD key

Already submitted a ticket a couple days ago. Would using that email help you think?
  7. Won't validate my Steam CD key

That is correct. The key came from Amazon (M&B collection, digital download), not from steam.

It was my assumption that it would activate in Steam. Is that incorrect?

If that is the case then is it possible to trade my regular retail keys for steam keys? Having the trilogy in my steam library was the whole point I bought this game again :smile:
  8. Won't validate my Steam CD key

katastrophi said:
    I just bought the War & Blade: Collection from Amazon.com. And none of the keys will validate on steam. I've been given 4x4 keys that will not work. I've email the support but people are saying it is fixed? When i am having the problem still. :neutral:

I am in the same boat. I didn't realize our problem was different either. As far as single player, I know I was able to activate them just fine. Adding games to my talesworld account also worked just fine. The issue is just activating the game s from the Amazon bundle on Steam.

Glad to hear they're working on it!
  9. Steam 5x5 Keys solution

Caba`drin said:
    Azziane said:
    So much confusion around keys. The OP here seems to say that the old 5x5 keys were in the wrong format. Then there were 6x4 keys from steam which also did not work?

I myself got a F&S 4x4 key, which apparently should work, from Amazon and that won't activate on Steam either. There are a bunch of recent threads on that particular issue too. Someone needs to stop by and explain what's happening.
    Really not so much confusion.

Steam 5x5 keys work just fine for Steam. The problem comes in to using those keys to get the game's non-Steam version and activate that. There is a converter for that specific situation linked in the OP.

Unrelated, though some have posted here and needed to be directed elsewhere, Steam began distributing 6x4 keys which were not in Taleworlds' system for multiplayer verification. This has been fixed as of today, 11 April 2012.

As to your specific WFaS problem, did you buy your game through Amazon directly or through a re-seller? Is it the international release (current) WFaS or one of the older versions? You should likely take discussion of this to the WFaS Support section to keep the confusion down as this, too, is unrelated to this problem this thread deals with.

I mentioned Fire and Sword but the problem occures with Warband as well. This seemed like the most active thread.

The purchase was from Amazon and was the M&B bundle. I emailed Paradox and Talesworld support. No reply yet though.
  10. Steam 5x5 Keys solution

So much confusion around keys. The OP here seems to say that the old 5x5 keys were in the wrong format. Then there were 6x4 keys from steam which also did not work?

I myself got a F&S 4x4 key, which apparently should work, from Amazon and that won't activate on Steam either. There are a bunch of recent threads on that particular issue too. Someone needs to stop by and explain what's happening.
  11. SP Musket Era Gaunt's gameplay mod

Could you explain the theory behind the companion being high level thing? What's wrong with leveling them up?
  12. All hail the d'shar

The d'shar of my game took the first city (Avndor) and nobody was able to capture anything except them since. They now have wiped out the Empire and the Sarleons except for Sarleon itself. Ravenstern and Friedsvain have been at war with each other a lot and with the D'shar just as much, but did not lose or win anything.

I've been hoping for a turn of events but it is not happening. All this is because the D'shar king managed to get Burigli the Usurper to follow and help us - and Burigli had about 2500 men. I don't understand how that happened, or why the other factions did not get a huge army of mercs as well. All in all I'm thinking it broke my game. There's no fun in it. Had I known beforehand I would have joined someone else to try and make up for Burigli, but it's now too late. Burigli is gone ans so is the army of 1500 the D'shar king had managed to get with Burigli's help (I assume, since the other kings are maxed out at around 250-300, which also makes no sense to me). I've been thinking about turning on the D'shar to help another faction. Or declaring myself King. The latter will probably happen, but the sight of the grind it will be to level the D'shars will just be boring.

One other reason the D'shar ruled my game I think is that as soon as Mansour Bey stepped in as Marshall, they were always besieging stuff. And not the wimpy sieges where the marshall gathers a million guys and never actually goes "to the walls" unless you tell him to (another weird thing that makes no sense to me). Mansour is badass.
  13. Been a Vassal, biding my time to take the throne. Now what?

hoellenbewohner said:
    do not get it wrong, but has you ever considered to read the FAQ? there you will find all your answers.

there are also 2 wiki sites for pop (you would know IF you read the faq)

http://www.stormwind.co.uk/
    http://popmod.wetpaint.com/

Only about 25 times.

14 max per skills means 10 on companions and 8 (/2) on myself then to max a skill out? Or a 10+4 which should make a 12?

3)Noldor horse - still can't find info on horses in the FAQ.
  14. Been a Vassal, biding my time to take the throne. Now what?

10+4 surgery meaning 10 on a companion and 4 on myself? I thought 10 was the max, total.

Couple more questions:

1)I defeated a Jatu army that had 7 Knightso f the dragon as prisoners but did not get them in the list of rescued troops I could hire - is that how it works? Is it random?

2)As a D'shar vassal, can I only obtain D'shar noble troops? I have 2 knight orders (ebony and legion) and just now got awarded Janos (which I think has Immortals). I have shrines and training grounds in several keeps and getting about 15 noble d'shars every week. Just d'shars though.

Also the Empire is no more, so capturing/rescuing Empire knigths like I did before is not working anymore.

3)I just bought a "Noldor" horse from a vendor in Marleons. Is that the fabled noldor horse I hear about reading the boards? Or are there horses that I can obtain by other means that are er.... real noldor horses?

4)I want to work on my faction with the Noldor, but their forest is completely empty. Meanwhile the Jatu have about 4 armies with over 1000 troops, including the badass warlord. Could it be that the Jatu keep killing them while I'm away?

5)A god spoke to me asking me to kill Snake Cultists. I was all the way north in Ravenstern and some Snake army had spawned, before the god talked to me, near Cez. I finally made my way back south (after about 5-6 days), killed one snake army, with no result I can see. Is there something I am missing? An expiration date on the "quest"?

edit -- 6)Marshalls cannot order others to besiege anything, right?
  15. Been a Vassal, biding my time to take the throne. Now what?

GreenApple said:
    If you want to lower the amount of men your king has talk to him and ask him to go take a castle. Follow him, talk to him when he's ready and then tell him to start the siege but don't help him. Even if he wins most of his troops will be dead. Ravensteins mounted archers are the best mounted archers, but you're probably better off with rangers or whatever they're called. They're almost twice as cheap and have better bows/melee abilities. Just use the prisoners you recruit as fodder while your rangers kill everything. You should also have a lot more leadership and charisma. 173 is really really low for starting a new kingdom.

King with 1500 men with Burigli following him with 2600. The D'shar have captured all the Sarelon forts/cities besides Sarleons itself and everything in the South except Cez. Sarleon armies and Empire armies boast 50-60 troops tops with about 800 defending their last town. I saw the Ravenstern King whom we have not had a war with in a  long time and who has not lost a city/fort yet, and his army is at 250. So no, not really a great idea. The king and Burigli could take on quite a few castles on their own. The imbalance seems really weird.

I actually ended up training them onto Jatu's. And of course Burigli ended up losing and, I assume, is now dead. I tried joining into the fight when Burigli was down to 100 troops against the Jatu's 600. But when I finally won after a couple of reloads, Burigli's army was right back at 2300.

How much do Charisma/Leadership affect the max army count again? Was it 20 per Lead point?
  16. Honor troops

NicotiN said:
    GreenApple said:
    I was wondering how to get pendor foot knights so I could get ebony honor troops. I currently own two castles and two towns but I'm only getting ravenshire or whatever recruits. It's not that they're bad troops as they're decent melee troops, but I'll rather have those ebony gauntlet guys. Also what is the rate of them offering to join you? Is it about 3 per castle per week?

There were complete answers. Don't just go by what people say, ebony looks and sound like the best troop but every honor troop is good, depends on how you like to play.Everything is good if upgraded
    Clarion call can do a lot with their fast horses, bow and spear, good speed, you can kill stuff with a small party of them. And you just need to capture Laria.
    Lion knights are heavy mounted troops. Griffin are good fighters. Raven are killers.Empire honor troops, lucky killers.Dawn...well...Eventide...try them, some have already founded orders so you can use the blue cabage to buy elixirs.

I haven't had any luck finding what each honor troop specializes in. Clarion call I assume are mounted archer. Lions feel like the regular beefed up knights with thick armor and heavy weapons from fighting a few of their bands. I checked out the wiki/site and it lists what each troop's equipment is, but it does not speak to me - just not that versed into medieval weaponry.

What's making me crazy is all those threads debating which are the best troops, and what most sensible people seem to say is that it depends on personal style and preference. Which sounds awesome. But for a noob, figuring out what knight fits what playstyle is proving frustrating. And "trying out" them, again for a noob with limited playtime, is not feasible.

If anyone could post their thoughts what some of the orders are best, to complete Nicotin's info, I would be grateful.

**Edit** Weird question: I was reading a thread here yesterday and one of the POP devs (I think he was a dev) posted saying something like "(...) and try Immortals with XXX to see how they shine(...)". I decided I would do just that because I had quite a few of the "XXX" army already and needed someone to decide what honor troops to use for me. Anyway... Can't find that thread/post anymore :razz: Any idea what I am talking about?
  17. Been a Vassal, biding my time to take the throne. Now what?

Another question, unrelated but not worthy of its own thread - are Empire Knights best used as Archers or regular cavalry? I've been trying to build my army with Horse archers and Cavalry to keep my speed up. I can't stand not being able to catch up to small armies (bandits and such) but also like keeping my army maxed out.

I have Raventern Mounted Archers (top tier ones, whatever they're called) but was wondering if Empire Knight could fill that role instead. I have more of them and they are easier/closer to find. Plus I am fighting mostly the Jatu and Snake cult right now (who spawn in Empire territory in my game it seems) and they all have plenty of empire prisoners.
  18. Been a Vassal, biding my time to take the throne. Now what?

So let me get that straight. Your advice is for me to attack Burigli and his 2600 men with my 170? Should I scream that I will come back and rape his women on my way to my momma?

Any advice that actually will help me not get completely destroyed? I'm still fairly new to POP, and did not yet figure out everything. Can't kill any named spawns before Burigli and the king kills them (that's 3 so far), so low on Qualis gems. I just finally got awarded my first fiefs (and then 3 in a row, with almost no garrison that I had to spend forever filling up). Which also means that I did not have training grounds until day 300-350 and I am just now starting to look at how to get some elite troops.

Which reminds me... Any tips on what elite troops would be best to take down Burigli and the King's D'shar army? Right now the only noble troops I am offered are D'shar. I remember reading something somewhere, probably in the FAQ, saying I can get noble troops that are not of my current culture - still have to figure that out too though.
  19. Been a Vassal, biding my time to take the throne. Now what?

I need help! I have been traveling the realm for a while now. Day 357 and I have been a Vassal for Ravenstern a short while and then decided to follow the real force in the (my!) realm, the D'shar. I have been a D'shar vassal for over 200 days, trying to find an opportunity to declare myself as...
  20. New to Pendor - questions

Would you mind letting me know which ten? The list in the FAQ shows 8 for the Village Raiding party.
Back
Top Bottom