Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword and the old Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem

Users who are viewing this thread

mureika

Sergeant
Here's what one of the Administrators said:
Moss said:
WFaS was made at the same time as Warbands and they did a decent job with it. The problem was simply that it wasn't made clear to consumers that WFaS wasn't a sequel to Warbands, wasn't in-fact even made after it. Hopefully Paradox will refer to this one as an expand-alone or spin off, rather than a sequel this time. It caused a lot of grief with people who didn't realize that WFAS wasn't supposed to be a sequel to Warbands, let alone that it wasn't made by TW in the first place, bought it and were confused by the lack of improvements and missing features.
I know that before WFaS, Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem was released. It was released only in Central and Eastern Europe. It was made on an old M&B engine. When was it released? And did TaleWorlds made it?
Mount_Blade_Ogniem_i_Mieczem_2010-01-08_129.jpg
Then Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem- Dzikie Pola was released. Again: when was it released? Did TaleWorlds made it? Someone said that it was released on a new engine and it was released only in Eastern Europe. Is that true?
167041000.jpg
I found some videos about the old WFaS. It's almost the same, just with poorer graphics and some other minor differences. In other words: Sich just remade Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem and released it worldwide. That's why WFaS doesn't have Warband features....

Dont worry, i think cab will explain all this later in full. But this is what i think happened.

I think that sich made 2 games on their own with permission to use the M&B engine from Taleworlds, and taleworlds later remade the 2 games into one game, which was released worldwide.

Well? Maybe a Polish guy could answer my questions about the old Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUbvxqRpebM I thought this video was a new one, then I looked at the release date.. It looks exactly the same as "With Fire and Sword".. And to be honest, I feel like Taleworlds/SiCH have trolled me. With this comment made I'll probably get some kind of punishment but I can't really understand how in earth Taleworlds are still cooperating with SiCH (at the pirate game), after this last release which pretty much became indeed heavy criticied, the game looked old, rubbish at start, missed a lot of features. Taleworlds made some good patches, but really it never got enough, the game is still not completed and the missing features and glitches are still there..

You should've made SiCH to finish up this game instead of letting them jump on another, just abondon a 3 years old game which were re-released just months ago and looked almost the same is not cool.. it only brings disrespect to your name "taleworld" atleast of how I feel.. And refusing to talk to the community is also stiff.. We're no spammers, we are REAL friken costumers whow bought this game from you.. atleast handle us with some kind of respect

EDIT: I'm sorry but I shouldn't just go out and blame all and everyone, i dont really know who made this game, at some point i saw SiCH and at another one I saw "Snowberry studios".. Maybe they're working with eachother. allright so here's another movie "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFbjqZDo3qY&feature=relmfu" as far as i understand, this is a serie, WFaS is the third game in the serie.

Recruitademt said:
WFaS is the third game in the serie.
Worldwide yes.
1 Mount & Blade (200:cool:
2 Mount & Blade: Warband (2010)
3 Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword (2010-2011)
While these were released only in Eastern Europe:
1 Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem (2009)
2 Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem- Dzikie Pola(2009-2010)
By the way, With Fire and Sword in Polish is Ogniem i Mieczem.

mureika said:
Recruitademt said:
Worldwide yes.

No, I believe it's a third game of the "With Fire and Sword" serie, they're just simply upgraded versions of eachother aren't they? I don't know what you wanna have answered cause I already think you know it's a game of the series "With Fire and Sword" only this time it got released for the western market as well.

From the look of the animations in those two video's the older versions were much more like the original M&B in terms of combat, gameplay etc. What I imagine they added with the most recent one is alot of the features from Warband, Improved Combat, a.i.,  Animations, Multiplayer and so on. I doubt there was any form of multiplayer in the earlier games.

Recruitademt said:
No, I believe it's a third game of the "With Fire and Sword" serie, they're just simply upgraded versions of eachother aren't they?
Yes, you're correct.
Recruitademt said:
I don't know what you wanna have answered cause I already think you know it's a game of the series "With Fire and Sword" only this time it got released for the western market as well.
Did TaleWorlds made the first two WFaS. Or Sich?
KidKoala said:
I doubt there was any form of multiplayer in the earlier games.
I don't know about Dzikie Pola, but the first WfaS didn't had multiplayer.

So is the current Steam WFaS using the Warband engine or the original one? I've read that the developers re-released the game to the international audience on the Warband engine - however I cannot seem to be able to do things such as give one of my companions their own army... which heavily cripples the 'my own kingdom' aspect.

mureika said:
Recruitademt said:
Worldwide yes.
Have Wfas and ogniem i mieczn got any diffrences?
one question more...
I live in turkey for many  years?How can i buy this game

Jacknife41 said:
Read above......
mureika said:
I found some videos about the old WFaS. It's almost the same, just with poorer graphics and some other minor differences. In other words: Sich just remade Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem and released it worldwide.
KidKoala said:
From the look of the animations in those two video's the older versions were much more like the original M&B in terms of combat, gameplay etc. What I imagine they added with the most recent one is alot of the features from Warband, Improved Combat, a.i.,  Animations, Multiplayer and so on. I doubt there was any form of multiplayer in the earlier games.
mureika said:
Oh by the way, The new WFaS in Poland is called: Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem too, I'm talking about the old  Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem and Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem- Dzikie Pola.

mureika said:
Jacknife41 said:
Read above......
mureika said:
I found some videos about the old WFaS. It's almost the same, just with poorer graphics and some other minor differences. In other words: Sich just remade Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem and released it worldwide.
KidKoala said:
mureika said:
Oh by the way, The new WFaS in Poland is called: Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem too, I'm talking about the old  Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem and Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem- Dzikie Pola.
Sorry :lol: In turkey Wfas is called:Ateş ve Kılıç

Old Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUbvxqRpebM, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojla23SHVsI
And here's a picture of the old Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem menu
wfas.png
1 Play the tutorial
2 Start a new game
3 Load a saved game
4 Quick battle
5 Options
6 Credits
7 Exit to windows
As we see it didn't had multiplayer.
Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem- Dzikie Pola gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vg__cWwdvw
And its menu
wfas2.png
1 Start a new game
2 Load game
3 Multiplayer
4 Custom battle
5 Options
6 Credits
7 Exit
It looks the same as WFaS, I think it is WFaS. It was just released in Poland sooner than worldwide.... Or that Polish guy was wrong.....

Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem was the original game that SiCh created on the original Mount&Blade engine, using the original Mount&Blade module system (campaign scripts, etc) as a base line.

Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem- Dzikie Pola is SiCh's port of the above game to the Warband engine, allowing multiplayer, but retaining the basis on the original Mount&Blade module system, save for where extra coding was needed to allow multiplayer missions, etc (which at this point were mostly identical to Warband).

And, the third rendition is what we are currently playing here--the international release of the prior game, this time with Taleworlds assistance in patching some bugs and translating to English. After the initial release, Taleworlds expanded the game by adding new multiplayer modes and expanding the engine from Warband to include some new features directly to the engine and not the module system (lines, ordering firing, troops crouching and bracing, etc).

Vadi2 said:
Yet we are still missing warband features, such as giving companions their own armies?
Aye, because much of the module system (the campaign scripts, etc) were not updated from the original M&B basis when SiCh ported it...nor when Taleworlds got involved for this international release.

Caba`drin said:
Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem was the original game that SiCh created on the original Mount&Blade engine, using the original Mount&Blade module system (campaign scripts, etc) as a base line.

Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem- Dzikie Pola is SiCh's port of the above game to the Warband engine, allowing multiplayer, but retaining the basis on the original Mount&Blade module system, save for where extra coding was needed to allow multiplayer missions, etc (which at this point were mostly identical to Warband).

And, the third rendition is what we are currently playing here--the international release of the prior game, this time with Taleworlds assistance in patching some bugs and translating to English. After the initial release, Taleworlds expanded the game by adding new multiplayer modes and expanding the engine from Warband to include some new features directly to the engine and not the module system (lines, ordering firing, troops crouching and bracing, etc).
A big thanks!

Ok, let's sum this up.
Moss said:
WFaS was made at the same time as Warbands and they did a decent job with it. The problem was simply that it wasn't made clear to consumers that WFaS wasn't a sequel to Warbands, wasn't in-fact even made after it. Hopefully Paradox will refer to this one as an expand-alone or spin off, rather than a sequel this time. It caused a lot of grief with people who didn't realize that WFAS wasn't supposed to be a sequel to Warbands, let alone that it wasn't made by TW in the first place, bought it and were confused by the lack of improvements and missing features.
The first WFaS:
Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem
Mount_Blade_Ogniem_i_Mieczem_2010-01-08_129.jpg
Developer: SіCh / Snowberry Connection
Publisher: 1C / Snowball Studios / CD Projekt
Release date: December 4, 2009

Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem menu
wfas.png
1 Play the tutorial
2 Start a new game
3 Load a saved game
4 Quick battle
5 Options
6 Credits
7 Exit to windows

In conclusion:
Caba`drin said:
It was released only in Central and Eastern Europe. Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUbvxqRpebM, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojla23SHVsI

The second WFaS:
Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem- Dzikie Pola
167041000.jpg
Developer:  SiCh / Snowberry Connection
Publisher: 1C / Snowball Studios / CD Projekt
Release date: December 10, 2010

Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem- Dzikie Pola menu
wfas2.png
1 Start a new game
2 Load game
3 Multiplayer
4 Custom battle
5 Options
6 Credits
7 Exit

In conclusion:
Caba`drin said:
it was released only in Eastern Europe. Mount & Blade: Ogniem i Mieczem- Dzikie Pola gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vg__cWwdvw

The third WFaS:
Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword
Mount%26Blade_-_With_Fire_%26_Sword_cover.jpg
Developer:  SiCh / Snowberry Connection / TaleWorlds
Publisher: 1C / Paradox Interactive
Release date: May 3, 2011

Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword menu
wfas3.png

In conclusion:
Caba`drin said:
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGINp5NNQoQ

If someone will start to complain that WFaS doesn't have Warband features, give them a link to this.
P.S.
Caba`drin said:
Vadi2 said:
Yet we are still missing warband features, such as giving companions their own armies?
Aye, because much of the module system (the campaign scripts, etc) were not updated from the original M&B basis when SiCh ported it...nor when Taleworlds got involved for this international release.

Back
Top Bottom