Search results for query: *

1. SP Native Realistic Battle Mod

Does this work with 1.7.0 beta or should I wait a patch?
  2. There needs to be a radius that shows when an enemy or allied army will join a battle.

It would be cool that if the distance is almost there but a bit longer, they could arrive later as "reinforcements".
  3. SP - General About the shield's position and movement when and while attacking

I do understand what you mean and it's horrible. And it's in every game, sadly.
  4. SP - General Fleshing out villages (and cities) with semi-persistent villagers

From my short playing the single player early access, I have encountered many villages with dozens of villagers, only to find them only greeting and saying some random non-sense and offering no more interaction. I therefore find it pointless even to visit villages (other than by menu items). To...
  5. Why Do We All Have Fake Names?

OMG I got Lady Claudora. She's my... you know... first..
  6. Why Do We All Have Fake Names?

Winter is coming!
  7. Dev Blog 24/01/19

Please add option to restore previous custom battle settings!!

I normally randomize custom battle, then balance is for me. And I would like to take the battle again, maybe tune the difficulty up/down a bit.

And maybe "autobalance" button. The randomizer creates heavily unbalanced battles in Warband.

8. Dev Blog 16/08/18

If multiplayer and single player is almost finished, it only means that they spend next two years finishing "custom battle".
  9. Weapons and combat balance

Another point of archery realism. Reloading speed should be dependent on archery skill. Speed is decent when you are good but putting arrow to nock is bit of a hassle for beginners
  10. UI suggestion: Show potential involving parties in battle in campaign map

In Warband, very often it happens to me that I am marshal and there are vassal lords following me. Then I want to attack a enemy king with, say, 400 troops. Then it can happen than other lords fear him and are not participating even if they are relatively near me. I have to MICROMANAGE to get...
  11. Custom Castles?

it could be nice to have multitiered upgradeable sections of castles like:

- 3-tier walls
    - 3-tier towers
    - 3-tier siege defense engines
    - 3-tier moats
  12. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Osviux said:
    Meevar the Mighty said:
    Only gripe is still seing 6 men defying physics to push a 20 tonne siege tower but overall, it's great to see so many improvements in the works. :smile:

I think it's a lot lighter than that, also it's on wheels which reduces friction a lot! Well lets say Calradians knew how to make light siege towers and awesome wheels ;d
    How big crew did different kinds of siege devices had historically? (i guess animals were used as well?) "aim for the trolls!"
  13. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Rothrod said:
    Why don't make the character a bit more agile? I mean, still being realistic...I would like some kind of dodge(not a ROLL), more fluid movements(of course depending on the armor/weapons you are carrying), maybe the ability to climb over small walls(VERY BASIC parkour skills)
    At least basic climbing would be nice. But it has to be for the AI as well, so we don't end up "M&B:wFaS captain co-op" mode where player climbs/jumps into a place where AI cannot, and starts firing/waiting.
  14. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

monoolho said:
    Sforzesco said:
    It would be super if you could barter PROMISES, instead of direct real things:

* you don't have a real fief (for now), but you are at war and are respected leader and expected to win the war. So you could PROMISE a fief for a lord defecting to you!
    * or PROMISE money for a mercenary group (of course I will pay, later...)
    * or PROMISE secret support once a claimant declares war (a bit like Crusader Kings II / Sengoku) plotting system.

THIS. This would be an excellent addition. Something like a TRUST meter. It would be far logical to begin the game with zero trust and then work your way up through quests and negotiations (this sort, not simple marketplace "bought 4 packs of rice now you can trust me"). Even if we couldn't use the promises, the simple trust meter could be used to lower your price in the bartering system, although that wouldn't be as cool, it's still functional.

But promises, that's... That's something very neat that could work very well, even if you could only use 5 options, like "I promise to pay [####] until [##] date",  "I promise to follow your army when [xxxx]", "I promise to [capture/take/give] you [xxxx] fief by [##]date" and so on. A Simple system that would add a lot of gameplay options. Although it could be a bit late to add it now.
    Giving a promise could be simple as generating a quest "Give Jarl Turya a 20000 gold. Time 100 days". If you fail the quest, he would get mad, and perhaps you "global" trustometer/reputation/renown/faction relations would go down.
    By the way, quest log should be color coded "ongoing/failed/completed(prize not taken yet)"
  15. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Yes exactly. Lannister always pays his debt, what about you? Promises is very much and widely used through history. Think about Molotov-Ribbentrop etc.
  16. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

It would be super if you could barter PROMISES, instead of direct real things:

* you don't have a real fief (for now), but you are at war and are respected leader and expected to win the war. So you could PROMISE a fief for a lord defecting to you!
    * or PROMISE money for a mercenary group (of course I will pay, later...)
    * or PROMISE secret support once a claimant declares war (a bit like Crusader Kings II / Sengoku) plotting system.

17. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Five days to anniversary! Bannerlord announcement anniversary! (in five days we'll hear that the project is canceled)
  18. Commander Battles needs more commands!

Klyvare said:
    4. Fire by Rank. Currently there is only Fire by Flank in the game and I think adding the ability to fire by rank would make it possible and quite awesome to use more then 3 rows of men. It would also do so there are less 1 row battlefields and it would also enable there to be larger battles now that you can have more men in the lines.[/b]
    Rotation firing for ranks! mmmm..  :razz: One row fires, and move to back line etc. That would make 6 men deep formation a "machine gun"!
  19. Ability to hit enemies with the flat of a sword?

Well I guess it depends which master you follow and what weapon you use. Clements talks mostly about german medieval longsword fighting, where you don't block, but rather beat the attack away or "yield" the attack to slide away. George Silver on the other hand advices: "ward his blowe with the edge of yor sword". But as this topic is about attacking with flat, defence is a bit offtopic. Attacking with flat would probably deliver to little damage that it would be impractical.
  20. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

"sphere of influence" is something I have also dreamed of. Pool of messengers would be cool,
    one messenger would be send per command (for a distant unit). This would look cool and prevent you from
    command spamming (you would run out of messengers!)

There should be possible to arrange troops into units:
    * soldiers inside an unit would ALWAYS keep together, even when "charging"
      (current mod implementations disassemble this structure in some cases!)
    * each unit should have leader (sergeant etc.)
    * if you are very far away and not giben any commands, unit commanders could
      go solo!
    * good UI for commanding but not unrealistic way where you can just easily point and
      click to target point and magically everyone hears it immediately and start moving
      like robots. Now the UI is cumbersome multi-F2-F3-F4 stuff with unnecessary weapon choices
      in the middle of battle. Following orders would be good:

* Per unit: - formation commands: 1xline, 2xline, 3xline, square...
                - move commands: halt! follow me! advance! (until halted again; ot for fixed number of step --> hold again)
                - autonomous modes: "shooting/avoid melee; stick with ally unit; free charging (as is now "charge enemy")

Other things:

* nice and cool morale system: no more stupid suicidal invididuals. Scared troops would
      flee away, or seek safety within friends.

* AI bots should parry more often! Now its all about attack-attack-attack. This is why
      battles (or the "shock phase" of them) take very little time, and you don't have time
      to react to events in battlefield!
      In reality, battle of Hastings took long day to finish. In M&B, it would have been over
      for 5 minutes. (in 10 years we might have powerful CPU enough to have BIG battles!)

Back
Top Bottom