Search results for query: *

• Users: Éadric
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Éadric

Hildileikr lag (moved)

Extreme and prolonged lag on the server!
  2. Éadric

The kick

Of all the gameplay elements in Warband/Víkingr, the kick seems to be one of the most divisive. Introduced to represent the bodywork other than weapon and shield use, it can make for more complex and diverse fighting, just like in real Early Medieval close combat, as well as put a quick end to...
  3. Éadric

VÍGVELLIR – make and show your own maps

You wish to make maps for Víkingr, but don’t know how? You want to show off your beautiful maps, but don’t know where? Look no further, for here you can find instructions on how to make maps and here you can post pictures of maps you are working on or have finished. The best maps will be...
  4. Éadric

Silly spear business

I’ve been saying this for months now: spears in this game make little sense and are driving me NUTS. Truly this deserves a thread of its own. The hit registration of spearmen holding their thrusts is apparently messed up – more often than in other situations, melee weapons ghost through spearmen...
  5. Éadric

Class system overhaul

If you could lend me your ears, We seriously need to rethink the class system. It is quite silly to see an eorl usually command no more than 15 men. Let us remember that this is a game not about armies and great battles, but inherently about mere warbands(!) and thus skirmishes. This needs to...
  6. Éadric

Horses in Anglo-Saxon Warfare

HORSES IN ANGLO-SAXON WARFARE Eorl sceal on éos bóge, éorod sceal getrume rídan, fæste féþa stondan. (“A nobleman goes on the arched back of a war-horse, a troop of cavalry must ride in a body, the foot-soldier must stand fast.”) The debate has raged for a long time: did the...
  7. Éadric

NAFNGIFT – get a period name

One of the many things that make Víkingr special is its aim for historical soundness. The developers are doing their best to ensure that all items in the game are faithful representations of actual 10th and 11th century items. This takes a lot of time and effort. But luckily you too can make...
  8. Éadric

THE BATTLE OF 8 JULY: Se Ðéodloga

Tidings reach Éadríc Eorl of the Fyrnings that William Duke of Normandy, who has long been rumoured to eye the English throne, has come to Kent and is using his devices to strengthen his grip on England. Even more, there is talk of him claiming kinship with the House of Fyrna. Greatly troubled...
  9. Éadric

Éadríc Eorl of the Fyrnings greets William Duke of Normandy

Éadríc Eorl of the Fyrnings greets William Duke of Normandy and hopes this finds you well. I would like to let you know that, with God as our witness, we Fyrnings swear that: i: we stand true to the Angelcyning (that is, the English King) and the Kingly House of the West-Saxons; ii: we will...
  10. Éadric

SKATTR – help keep Víkingr running

Dear stinking turds, Many of us have already spent hours upon hours playing this wonderful game called Víkingr. The developers have taken the original Mount & Blade: Warband and crafted a whole new experience, free of charge. And yet, keeping a server running has always cost money and will...
  11. Éadric

HRAFNABJÓÐR – official Víkingr server

What good is a man if he does not aid his folk and honour his ancestors on the battlefield? Glory will be won where the ravens feast, in the game of swords and spears. Do not waver then, and meet your foes, lest your kinsmen think you a stinking turd. Hrafnabjóðr awaits you! Name...
  12. Éadric

Anglo-Saxon Architecture (modellers take heed!)

This thread contains references to Anglo-Saxon architecture. If you are a skilled modeller who wishes to contribute high quality Anglo-Saxon props to Víkingr, you've come to the right place! Should you in fact contribute, might I suggest that you give your props an interior as well as an...
  13. Éadric

PREVIOUS EVENT: Éafanheall

Hér Éafa Heaðumunding fela féonda ofslóh To mark the bounds of the wild highlands and guard the land of his folk, Éafa son of Heaðumund built high a noble hall where once his father had laid a cairn of victory. A stronghold too he had reared below it, a haven for those dwelling near. Many...
  14. Éadric

Enhancing the English faction

To improve my beloved English faction, I would suggest the following: FYRDMAN The average fyrdman in the time that this game is set was not some poor peasant. They were actually quite well equipped. To quote the well-known re-enactment society Regia Anglorum: With that in mind the fyrdman...
  15. Éadric

Warband on sale!

Steam has Warband on sale again, for €6,24! The offer will end in seven hours. Buy it for your friends, you turds! (You can also buy Warband along with the original Mount and Blade and Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword for €9,99.) And use this topic whenever it is back on sale.
  16. Éadric

Anglo-Saxon Naming - for those wanting an authentic name

ANGLO-SAXON NAMING Do you want an authentic Anglo-Saxon name? Look no further! For here you will learn how to fashion a proper Anglo-Saxon name, and, if you wish, any byname/epithet, father's name or clan name. A selection of Anglo-Saxon names, taken from the Onomasticon Anglo-Saxonicum and...
  17. Éadric

New loading screen (a challenge!)

In which I propose to swap the image of the loading screen for something else. Namely: a map of Northern Europe in 1000 AD. One that looks old (parchment) and has all the names of the lands of the factions. It would provide players with a sense of place, breathing more life into the world of...
  18. Éadric

Se Englisca þrǽd

Éalá léofan men, hér cunnon gé brúcan éowerre ágenre reorde. Húru ‘Eald’ Englisc on þissum þrǽde!
  19. Éadric

Filling the gaps

In which I propose to expand the number of factions considerably. What strikes me about Vikingr is that although great pains are taken to present historically accurate factions, there is little possible in the way of historically accurate battles. We have: battles between Vikings and Saxons...
  20. Éadric

Fyrningas

We are the Fyrningas, the Folk of Fyrna. We come from a long line of athelings, back to Fréawine the Golden, old Lord of the Angles, Saxons and Frisians, steadfast friend of Fyrna, the Ancient One, whom we hold dear – he is the maker and giver of the Dyrnefýr, the Secret Fire. Bound is each...
Back
Top Bottom