Search results for query: *

1. ZincAzN

What is the point of Tactics besides autoresolve?

Tactics also allows your F6 (Delegate Sergeant Command) to use more elaborate formations and strategies. I've noticed at 0-15 tactics that the only tactic used is charging at the enemy.
  2. ZincAzN

Need More Info Game Breaking Bug, negative influence while disbanding army

yeah same here, currently sitting at -268 influence and i do not want to disband my army right now because it just keeps you from moving
  3. ZincAzN

SP - General Renown from Trading and Merching

Doesn't make too much sense that you can be a trading mogul and still be some unknown peasant in the world. High value and volume trades should contribute some renown, along with buying out enterprises and running caravans worth thousands of denars. Doesn't even have to be an absurd amount, just...
  4. ZincAzN

SP - General Smithing - Stamina recovery while moving on the map

+1 never understood why moving around the map doesn't count towards the smithing stamina rest time.
  5. ZincAzN

Difficulty compared to earlier games?

I'd say sword n' board is your best bet for trying to play the game as smoothly as possible.

1vX fights have gotten a lot harder in this one purely because the AI fights a bit smarter and are more willing to utilise feints and flank you properly instead of just bumrushing you like in previous installments, looters are now a mild threat because the rocks actually flinch and do some damage to you and your mount, and overall the entire sandbox is quite a bit more lethal than before.

I would try and get your hands on some of the longer polearms and swords for horseback (110+ length swords are a relatively nice sweetspot) if bashing heads is your playstyle.

Personally I enjoy the Menavilion (Empire 2h Polearm that you can swing side to side and overhead with) and Rhomphalia (Battanian polearm which is basically a falx on a stick), both are relatively long, kind of punishing if you miss your swing as followups are slow, but they cut through most unit types like butter.

Some tourney reward weapons like 'Early Retirement' (1h/2h sword that plays like the Bastard Sword in previous installments) are also good options, although I'd need to get my hands on all of them to actually play with them.

Polearms are also overall MUCH better in this game, as actually jabbing and stabbing with them does damage even when not on horseback or with less speed than usual, you just need space to wind up.
  6. ZincAzN

Guide: Skills

I did get leadership xp when i let my troops starve a bit and then fixed it back to up. So seems you get XP for raising morale, but not for sustaining it high.

that sounds amazingly janky, i love it

i uh, do hope they make it so that maintained morale is more worthy of xp rather than a morale change.
  7. ZincAzN

How do you increase your health/HP?

Haha yeah! Looters are vicious as hell. :grin:

Yes, and I said very clearly why I think Warband did this better.

You assumed, probably that I have in my game crappy weapons and armor. No, friend, I have decent gear right now, I'm playing on realistic difficulty and I see the problem from the very beginning to its very end.

Exactly! God bless you. I would love to see that change in the game, but I doubt TW will ever do that. It would force them to rebalance everything in the game. I think it is a big challenge.
    But we can dream. :/

Funnily enough, as much as it's being parroted right now, it IS early access and they DID say certain aspects would be too hard and be overtuned or undertuned. These fixes aren't gonna happen overnight, but it can be remedied.
  8. ZincAzN

How do you increase your health/HP?

Currently the maximum HP is 119, with a negligible difference in hits to kill, while armor also feels like it has the case of being paper thin if you get hit by some of the higher tier options in the game, or a sea raider javelin flies towards you, slamming and stumbling you for 67 damage.

I would propose lowering the amount of total HP we had, increasing the effectiveness of armor, and allowing our perks to increase our health further, so the higher tier troops would have a notable difference in durability versus your bog-standard peasant.

Base HP in my eyes should start around 60, and with the suite of perks that probably all need buffs and reworks, we should end up around 119 so that early-game enemies and our own troops are susceptible to the reality that eating a sword to the face is lethal, but our end-game troops don't get one-dinged by a Rhomphalia when they clearly have a very, very nice and shiny helmet protecting their head and shoulders.

Armor should also especially be decreasing the effectiveness of our really sharp objects flying at us at high speeds and there needs to be more reason for me to be grabbing my blunt weapons or my stabby weapons to defeat armor.
  9. ZincAzN

Guide: Skills

Leadership's in-game tooltip says that keeping your party at a high morale counts as XP towards it, yet I haven't seen a single level up, nor can I tell the actual threshold as to which is "high" morale, as it's kind of difficult right now to hit morale past 70+.
  10. ZincAzN

Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

I would assume the time-gap explains a majority of why towns aren't in the 'correct' places, but a hundred years doesn't really make much sense in terms of places being straight up not in the right positions.

In order to reconcile it, I simply assumed that all the towns that aren't in the current "correct" places were destroyed and forced elsewhere during wartime, and castles, villages, and such were also similarly razed and moved. Doesn't really hold up to logistics and scrutiny, but it's the best guess I can take for it.
  11. ZincAzN

SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

While I've personally gotten used to it and (relatively) quickly picked up the block system, it certainly does have a learning curve and auto-block has been a feature in every other M&B title up until this point. I see no real reason for it to suddenly not exist.

Wouldn't hurt anyone else's experience either if they added it, would just make the game less difficult for players looking for a less difficult experience.
  12. ZincAzN

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

As of right now? I think the Warband one is better for the obvious reason that it's got proper polish.

I see potential in allowing the skill to be ground out, but I feel like the classic skill point system + allocation works better for Mount & Blade, especially now with the plans for succession between characters and perma-death.

I feel like a hybrid version of the two could be achieved with you being able to grind out all the skills, but also being able to allocate skill points with diminishing returns like how we originally levelled our combat skills in Warband, where the skill point cost went up.

Currently, XP from anything is incredibly slow, tournaments and arena fights don't give you any XP in any skill, so you can't even grind that out yet, and there are some skills that are incredibly tedious or seem impossible to level (from my experience), namely Leadership and most dialogue-based skills, as I haven't been able to get into any real conversations with NPCs.
  13. ZincAzN

Killing lord penalty

Well, it makes sense, actually. It's usually really frowned upon to be slaying other lords during that timeline. But you could mod that out.
  14. ZincAzN

Peasant revolts

Maybe MINOR revolts in the poorest villages. Since these peasant revolts were quite uncommon to say the least. If the village is at the LOWEST prosperity, and it takes them more than a week to get back on their feet, they'll take the rest of their people, and march to recruit more villages to war. The affected villages will become a blood-red color. Not like the Rebel faction, a darker, MUCH darker red.
  15. ZincAzN

Would you like to see early gun powder units in M&B 2 Banner Lord ?

Make it a modder's resource and everyone would be happy. Or add them in and piss off a lot of people.
  16. ZincAzN

No guns in bannerlord for the love of sgdfkmfmdgksdmf

Sigh. I don't see WHY people are OPPOSING 'guns' in Mount and Blade. At all. I mean, at most, they can be like flintlock and things of the sort, taking nearly 30 seconds to load ONE bullet. ONE. Though, it CAN do insane amounts of damage, it won't undermine every mechanic there is.

Let me tell you a story in a Warbands mod that added muskets, etc.

So, I was charging into battle against the only faction that can spawn with guns: The Swadians. So we marched in, horses stomping, and as we were nearing them, they shot our horses out from under us, something that crossbows seemingly cannot accomplish.

The point is, guns can make for more interesting gameplay, since it provides more fighting styles. Plus, they'll NEVER be as accurate as a bow or crossbow. Never.

To everyone who opposes them for the 'CoD' feeling:

WE DON'T HAVE AUTOMATIC WEAPONS OR ACOG/GRENADE LAUNCHER SCOPES WITH 1080 NOSCOPING BOW NOOBS. Plus, we just need them for the modders to flesh them out more. Make it a hidden feature like the Firearms skill.
  17. ZincAzN

Joinable Bandit factions

Being able to become a 'bandit' somewhat, would be a good idea. IMO, it should roll like this:

- Run up to a good amount of looters.

- You can ASK to join them.

- Persuasion goes a long way. If you have high honor, they'll attack you. If you have low honor, they'll take you in. Renown also lowers your chance.

- If you get in, they give you the location of a camp that they're using. You may go down there, etc.

- You can recruit looters/bandits/etc. from there, and you can also take what you need, and store whatever.

Sounds good to me.
  18. ZincAzN

battlefield AI

I've seen AI use tactics before. Once, I was cavalry-rushing the Swadians...BIG mistake. They let fly their crossbows at my rush. My horse, along with 3-4 other soldiers were either de-horsed or wounded. We shortly crushed them afterward.
  19. ZincAzN

Can we recruit tier 3 or 4 troops from villages if we improve our relationship?

I can net myself 5-10 Vageir footmen from my own fief that I have 30+ relations with. So, yes. I've even taken Veterans at one point.
  20. ZincAzN

how do i see what my controversy is?

Your controversy is in the notes page. It's on your personal article about you.
Back
Top Bottom