Search results for query: *

1. Jagati Khan

Trouble Getting Wife Pregnant

I got bored of waiting in my current game so just opened up the console.
    campaign.conceive_child
  2. Jagati Khan

Multiple characters in a formation.

This is implemented and will be live with upcoming versions.
    Any time frame on that ? I hate the new system and it is buggy one of my cavalry companions always ends up in the infantry squad no matter what i do.
  3. Jagati Khan

What are you Waiting for Before you Jump Back in for Another Playthrough?

For optional #2, my reasoning is that I don't want an unrealistic family where I have like 12 kids with just one spouse. I know having 10+ kids can be common in medieval times but generally not with one wife.
    Although the chance of pregnancy has greatly been reduced in 1.4.0, my spouse was getting pregnant pretty much non-stop after births in previous versions. When she got pregnant for 4th kid, I was like "No, no, this is too much.".

I bloody hope they get #1 & 2 get right. Those two are direly needed as well as #6.

The troop passive train kills are

1. Medium exp to tire 1-2-3 troops per day? - Rise of meek?
    2. Small exp to the party overall, also per day. - Combat tips
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ing-plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine.422296/
  4. Jagati Khan

What are you Waiting for Before you Jump Back in for Another Playthrough?

I am holding back until these are implemented or fixed.

1. An option to ignore the main quest and create my own kingdom regardless.
    2. A proper way to propose peace/declare war via kingdom screen.
    3. While being a vassal, they never seem to care much to defend cities/castles. Even if they do, they are always one step too late. This needs to be looked at.
    4. My favorite kingdom is Strugia but their land is so widely spread out that it's very hard to defend. The map needs to change a bit.
    5. Persuasion system seems to be utterly broken.
    6. When you form your own kingdom and manage to persuade a clan, they just leave a minute later if not given a fief pretty much right away. This started to happen in 1.4.0. In previous versions, they stayed on no matter what.
    7. Your companion parties are too stupid. And I don't like how they just wait for you to pick them up in remote places once escaped from captivity. This especially sucks during war time. Can't be traveling around for minutes.
    8. The first leadership trait which trains troops appear to be either too weak or broken. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Optional stuff I'd really like.
    1. An ability to name my own kids.
    2. An option not to have sex with spouse, effectively ending any chance of pregnancy.

etc. Above is all I can think of right now.
    1. They are going to add this in some fashion
    2. Possibly already live on beta or it is coming
    3. Agreed probably being looked into already
    4. Tweaks to all factions will continue throughout
    5. Could certainly be better
    6. This is being sorted if it is not in beta already
    7. Agreed they should head back to your fief not a random city
    8. Can't remember which one that is

Optional
    1. You already can just click the baby icon that appears on the map screen when they are born
    2. Would be a way to stop having kids i guess but why lol when they grow up they become useful although that area still needs work regardless
  5. Jagati Khan

Everything Has A Price

Who in the 11th century just up and decided to sell their town to someone? LOL, Constantinople going once, going twice, sold. This is too easy an exploit. Sell your town make no money, AI should never do this unless it's a faction member and a castle maybe.
    Nothing wrong with being able to trade towns/castles at all as long as the cost is balanced and if castles added something unique other than being just poor mans towns.....
    And think about it lets say you pay 5mil for a town how many game days does it take before you have made your money back ??? i think you will find that the noble got a good deal and when he gets old can retire to his country estate in luxury.
  6. Jagati Khan

Everything Has A Price

You should not be able to buy a town in this game. The AI doesn't know its eliminating itself from the game by doing this.
    Not this.
  7. Jagati Khan

Everything Has A Price

I think its a fair price. But one thing astonishes me everytime is how the hell everybody is that fast to obtain this perk. For me its taking DAYS ...
    Dev console can give u that in a matter of moments also unless the picture shows game date you have no idea how long that campaign has been going for.
  8. Jagati Khan

i thought the dev console would ruin the game but it didnt

I have used the developers console mod to fix problems. Sometimes the game just needs a little help.

I have also used it to respec my companions using the Companion Respec mod. I had a surgeon with one point in int and no focus points in medicine. My engineer was in a similar state. With the developers console and the respec mod I was able to fix these things myself.

I have not used the console to cheat, at least not yet.
    I first downloaded it to respec companions wasn't long after i started using it for other things like the OP with different starting scenarios.
    Gave myself full smithing skill and all smithing items so i could play about with smithing see if it was actually worth the time needed to max which is a no for now at least.
    Got bored of waiting for top tier armors to show up started giving myself armor when i get married and call it a wedding gift from the in laws lol.
    I use the teleport function to get companions back after they have been captured as it makes no sense they don't return to my own fief.
    Had the neretze quest time out and could not complete so no own kingdom console solved that too.
  9. Jagati Khan

SP - Scenes More extensive ways to improve Castle/Villages

Idea how to make castles more unique, also help AI with higher tier troops. I wish for castles to be more military oriented, and cities more taxes oriented like they are right now. Castles could have unique "rise levy" option - ability to instantly recruit high tier soldiers but directly from population (prosperity). Like trade-off more military strength but at the cost of crippling your economy,and it make sense for medieval time line (I also think this option is good way to replace 10% AI lords respawn , at least it make more sense). Off course, this option should have with certain limitations:
    -max number of "rise levy" troops could be 50 or percentage of overall prosperity number in castle
    -only owner of the castle have this option
    -minimum prosperity to use this option could be 750-800
    -cooldown for using this option, no idea how many days
    -"Levy troops" could be tier 3
    -to prevent manipulation "levy troops" could be marked with special icon "loyal to lord X" and can't be transfered to other Lords
    -after war, if some of them survive they could be disbanded in the same castle where raised, and converted back to prosperity
    -"Levy troops" couldn't be upgraded beyond their original level when raised

Also adding new unique buildings for castles could be cool idea for this option, to force player/AI to actually invest before use this option:
    -infantry barracks level 1 = "levy infantry" level 2
    -infantry barracks level 2 = "levy infantry" level 3
    -infantry barracks level 3 = "levy infantry" level 4
    Same thing for archer barracks and cavalry barracks
    For me personally this idea make sense, and it's a good way prevent overall "out of control" prosperity growth (food shortage problem in late game)
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/the-value-of-castles-vs-towns.422608/page-2
  10. Jagati Khan

Lance couching seems useless right now.

Sure, we're both just quoting what our sources claim, but our sources seem to be slightly in conflict. I have no special knowledge of this subject, so maybe R. Allen Brown isn't credible. I was also responding to what Stratigo said by offering up a concrete example.
    It makes sense though to 2bh they were attacking a determined and disciplined shield wall on top of a hill.
  11. Jagati Khan

I totally agree polearms and pikes are too short.

Believe it or not , i like couche lance the way it is now. It's a gauranteed kill. Nothing more to add really.
    I can't say i miss much , even with the current state which is far from perfect.
    They should propably reduce the damage and only make it a sure kill if you have the perks in the future.

I mostly use it vs cavarly , since swings can be blocked and don't always one shot.
    With couch you either kill the horse or the rider. <3
    Vs multiple enemies , swings is defo the way to go since you don't need to speed up and you get kills fasters.

I believe longer weapons would fix most issues discussed here but there are OP risks to take.
    I also believe they will make it happen in the future , to some extent at least , orrrrrrrrrr mods will sort us out : D
    To be honest all they need to do is have the lance held correctly and it is daft that there are two perks that increase the damage at the mo.
  12. Jagati Khan

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread so far as I skipped past all the noise about historical accuracy. But when I was first having trouble using couched lance to deliver strikes, someone recommended that I change to first-person view. (Default key is R, I think.) this made it enormously easier to put the lance tip into my target.

there are a variety of good suggestions I've seen people make about changes to lances, but giving us a "stab-cam" view over the shoulder, as seen in a few mods, would go a long way towards making couched lance strikes more user-friendly.

As to whether or not they're actually useful compared to other weapons, I'll leave that debate alone. I personally use it to seek out the enemy's heavy cav after I've given my troops the first set of orders, on the thought that top-tier nobles have the heaviest armor. So the high damage of a good couched lance blow might actually be the difference in 1-hit kills vs a need to reattack, and a quick kill on a leader might sap their morale before my main body even gets engaged. Then again, I don't actually know if the morale system is so sophisticated at the moment.

Whether that fits your playstyle or conception of the game, I'll leave up to you. But if you do want to use couched lances and you're having trouble landing the blow against isolated targets, just try switching to first-person camera as you get lined up.
    It isn't about skill using the lance at least not for me they are just too short it is as simple as that far better and more efficient to just use a glaive.
  13. Jagati Khan

SP - General Level scaling for sold gear should be removed.

yeah, I'll look into that one, I've used 2 armor mods already, one I've hated, the other didn't hate it but felt too OP...
    Mod description does reccomend playing on realistic if not already.
  14. Jagati Khan

Do you need to cool down after playing Bannerlord

Ok, I don't want to sound like crazy but I will probably will anyway.
    I usually play the game every day since the release for about 3 hours before going to sleep. This is after my 5 year old gets too sleep and my wife watches some Netflix. All good so far.
    But the game is so intensive and repetetive that when I go to bed I just can't get rid of thinking what I should do next and this game music is in the head. It is not funny at all.
    Last night I couldn't fall asleep at all. I deleted the game at 6:15 am.
    Played dozens of casual games before and never experienced stuff like that.
    Don't play right up until you go to sleep give yourself an hour or so gap and do something else watch a show comedy works well for this sort of thing i find and exercise is also very good if you do enough.
  15. Jagati Khan

SP - General Level scaling for sold gear should be removed.

Just saying, this specifically hits progress more than anything else even after re-balancing leveling + attributes per level. It's the only thing that gets me enabling cheats, but it feels too unnatural, specially given the fact that a massive chunk of gear is simply unavailable in-game under non-cheating conditions.
    Currently the best strategy is RNG based, and has you forcibly save-scumming to unlock certain smithing pieces to get somewhat decent weapons. But armor? Well, you don't even have access to it because it seems this ridiculous level scaling is glitched, leading to exploiting game mechanics by basically marrying some random noble to steal their gear (and it's basically a one-time-only deal on top of that). This should be removed entirely, I mean, what are we playing? Mount&Scrolls: Oblionlord?

Also, armor's still too ineffective....
    I cheat my armor once i get married and call it a wedding gift the in laws don't want me dying and leaving their daughter a widow eh lol.
    I just enable cheats and then open the invenotry because i can't be arsed waiting an in game century for it to show up.
    Also just started using the Armor does something mod and loving it.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/129
  16. Jagati Khan

I find couching to be the easiest way to ensure a kill when riding through a group of enemies. Just press 'X' and ride through and you're almost guaranteed a kill at very little risk. If you're charging head on, or if you notice a spearman looking at you, just veer off and find another target rather than risk the counterstrike. The Eastern Steppe Lance is my go-to, with 200 reach.

Swinging polearms around like baseball bats on horseback is what requires more suspension of disbelief IMO. And it also makes it too easy to slice and dice your way through dozens of infantry.

But I'm sure we'll see the devs fine tune all the equipment in the game at some point, and this will probably include finding the sweet spot for lance length.

As far as the Bayeux Tapestry is concerned, here is a commentary by R. Allen Brown on the issue of overhand strikes I found. From pg 12:

The assertion that Norman cavalry were little more than javelineers seems to stem from Richard Glover's 'English Warfare in 1066' and is refuted by other historians. There are other sources I've found that say similar things from other credible people. I'm no expert myself, I'm just quoting what I found on Google Books.

The passage referenced from D. J. A. Ross is here, but is in written in French, and I can't read it and am unable to find a translation.
    I am not asserting that at all i am saying that was the tactic used at the battle of hastings as talked about in the video i posted ealier in the thread.
  17. Jagati Khan

The cavalry has insufficient impact.

No, they did not. See my post above.

Some of them yes. This is exactly how cataphracts were intended to be used.

Because no enemy is stupid enough to wait to get killed.

What distance? If they broke through infantry formation then it was game over for the infantry formation. All they needed to do was to run infantry down.
    Medieval European knights attacked in several different ways, implementing shock tactics if possible, but always in formations of several knights, not individually. For defense and mêlée a formation of horsemen was as tight as possible next to each other in a line. This prevented their enemy from charging, and also from surrounding them individually. The most devastating charging method was to ride in a looser formation fast into attack. This attack was often protected by simultaneous or shortly preceding ranged attacks of archers or crossbowmen. The attack began from a distance of about 350 metres and took about 15–20 seconds to cross the contemporary long range weapon's effective distance. A most important element, and one not easily mastered, was to stay in one line with fixed spaces while accelerating and having the maximum speed at impact. Often knights would come in several waves, with the first being the best equipped and armored. The lance as primary weapon pierced the enemy. If an enemy soldier was hit in full gallop by a knight's lance couched under the armpit, he was thrown backwards with such a momentum that he knocked over several of his compatriots, and was more often than not, killed; in some cases, the lance would even skewer the man and kill or wound the soldier behind him. The heavy lances were dropped after the attack and the battle was continued with secondary weapons (swords, axes, or maces, for example).

The Persians deployed their cataphracts in mixed formations with light archers in the rear ranks, supporting the charge with arrows.[4] Mongolian heavy cavalry improved upon the charging effect by attaching hooks to their lances to take enemies down when bypassing. Usually, employed a two-ranks deep formation of heavy cavalry charging the enemy. They were supported by three ranks of light cavalry, delivering rapid closeup shots with heavy armour-breaking arrows. Chinese cavalry and samurai often used polearms. Both handled their primary weapons in the two-handed Asian style. This method of charging attack was very effective, but it depended very much on favourable ground on the chosen battlefield.[citation needed]

Many knights during Medieval battles fought on foot.[citation needed] Attacks would be carried out on horseback only under favorable conditions. If the enemy infantry was equipped with polearms and fought in tight formations it was not possible to charge without heavy losses. A fairly common solution to this was for the men-at-arms to dismount and assault the enemy on foot, such as the way Scottish knights dismounted to stiffen the infantry schiltron or the English combination of longbowmen with dismounted men-at-arms in the Hundred Years' War. Another possibility was to bluff an attack, but turn around before impact. This tempted many infantrymen to go on the chase, leaving their formation. The heavy cavalry then turned around again in this new situation and rode down the scattered infantry. Such a tactic was deployed in the Battle of Hastings (1066).

A further improvement of fighting ability was the use of well-armed infantry reserves during knightly battles on horseback. After some time, the battle would often split into several small groups, with space in between, and both sides would become exhausted. Then, an infantry rush could concentrate on selected targets and rout the enemy. Infantry also helped knights to remount in battle and aided the wounded.

Polish hussar formation at the Battle of Klushino 1610 – painting by Szymon Boguszowicz 1620
    The Polish-Lithuanian hussars' primary battle tactic was the charge. They carried the charge to, and through the enemy. The charge started at a slow pace and in a relatively loose formation. The formation gradually gathered pace and closed ranks while approaching the enemy, and reached its highest pace and closest formation immediately before engagement. They tended to repeat the charge several times until the enemy formation broke (they had supply wagons with spare lances). The tactic of a charge by heavily armoured hussars and horses was effective for nearly two centuries. The hussars fought with long lances (a hussar's lance usually ranged from 4.5 to 6.2 metres in length), a koncerz (stabbing sword), a szabla (sabre), one or two pistols and often with a carbine or arquebus, known in Polish as a bandolet. Winged hussars also carried other weapons, such as a nadziak type of war hammer and battleaxes. The lighter, Turkish-style saddle, allowed for more armour to be used by both the horses and the warriors. Moreover, the horses were bred to run very fast with a heavy load and to recover quickly. This was achieved by breeding old Polish horses with Eastern horses, usually from Tatar tribes. As a result, these horses could walk hundreds of kilometres, loaded with over 100 kilograms and still be able to charge in an instant. Also, hussar horses were very quick and manoeuvrable. This allowed hussars to fight with any cavalry or infantry force, from Western heavy kissaiers, to quick Tatars. They were widely regarded as the most powerful cavalry in the world. In the battles of Lubiszew in 1577, Byczyna (158:cool:, Kokenhausen (1601), Kircholm (1605), Kłuszyn (1610), Chocim (1621), Martynów (1624), Trzciana (1629), Ochmatów (1644), Beresteczko (1651), Połonka (1660), Cudnów (1660), Chocim (1673), Lwów (1675), Vienna (1683) and Párkány (1683), the Polish-Lithuanian hussars proved to be the decisive factor, often against overwhelming odds. For instance, in the Battle of Kłuszyn, during the Polish-Muscovite War, the Russians and Swedes outnumbered the commonwealth army five-to-one, yet were soundly defeated.[5][6]
  18. Jagati Khan

The same way as tanks in this sentence:

Tanks were the shock means for penetrating the defense.
    The Evolution of Soviet Operational Art, 1927-1991

They fought their way through it.
    Depends how deep the formation was wether they scattered or kept discipline etc shock and awe speed and power.
    Best case scenario for cavalry is to come out the other side and continue to fight to their strengths.
    Getting bogged down is not a good thing for cavalry cataphracts were more designed for that type of combat than others being so heavily armoured for the time period.

Damit, where? I corrected all those I could find...
    Post 95 xD
  19. Jagati Khan

No idea. I'll correct it. Sorry for that and thank's for notifying me.

No.
    Np bud these things happen eh
    You still have one of them as my qoute lol
Back
Top Bottom