Does my spouse play a factor in how tall my children will be?

Users who are viewing this thread

So I know that no matter what culture you marry the children will be your culture always (hate that but its fine) but does my spouses height affect my children's height regardless of their culture or is it always mainly on the player characters height?

I cant express it based on codeing etc, but from observed ingame - yes it have a big impact on how tall your kids become.
I typically end up with Zlatka (Sturgia) and she is relative short, while my character is tall.
Typically the kid will be average or short.
Dont get me wrong there is some rng factors in play and I've had a "giant" with her aswell, typically though 1st born son, the 2nd born is average or shorter.
Daugthers on the other hand seems to be higher than average though.

On the other occasions where I've marred Apolonia(Sturgia), the kids tend to be average or tall, more typically tall.
As she is for a female "a giant" and typically rival above most male.

So I know that no matter what culture you marry the children will be your culture always (hate that but its fine).
Is this changed with the 1.2 update? I know that b4 the 1.2 update the Culture would be always the Spouses Culture. I know this is changed now but it seems that the culture is Random now either you or your spouses Culture. It would be cool though if your kids have your Culture, wich is more normal. Grtz Vaan.

Its based on your character only now but I think it being random should be more normal. I would have preferred it to be 50/50 chance they take my culture or the spouses. I wanted my sons and daughters to be Aserian or Valandian not my grandchildren.

Back
Top Bottom