In Progress Repeating Clan Names

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: I inherited the Khusaitis when Monchuk died. I have a "Ioren's Clan" as a vassal. When I whistled up the Encyclopedia to discover its members, I discovered there was a second Ioren's Clan, in another kingdom. The game shouldn't be reusing names for something as important to keep straight as clans!

I will upload a save with this thread referenced.

How to Reproduce: No idea how to reproduce, but look at your coding for naming new clans for whether it can discriminate names already used.
Have you used cheats and if so which: none, ever.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: MSI GTX 960 2GB
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6089
CPU: i7 4790K 4.00GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard:no idea
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 2TB Toshiba HDD

The reason behind this clan is that it was a rebel clan, and the leader of it was called Loren.
Should the rebel clan not loose its land within 30 days, they will become a "clan" with a proper name.
Before that 30 day they will be called "name of city that the rebel occurs clan"(so Marunath clan).

The problem as you see, which breaks immersion is that if a town rebel more than once(or town with the same culture that uses the name Loren and said clan keep their lands for 30 days or more - they get the same name).

I totally agree that overall the nameing convention in this game is "something they need to improve upon".

In this case the clan was most likely located in Car Banseth and survived the rebellion for 30 days, then joined the Northern Empire.
Loren and the other names is "typical Battanian names".

There is technically "nothing to reproduce" per se, as its highly unlikely that they can do so, but they should take the feedback as to improve upon the way the game gives characters/clans names.

Worst example was Lek of the Vagoriving, who had 2 twin sons, and no you dont win a prize if you guessed that they where both named Lek..

Needs to be a list for every faction consisting of 100's of names at the very least, and it should try to "wash it self" have the name been used before in this clan, faction, and only reuse it if it have been used before.

I have no idea how they have programmed the game(I havent looked at it, but I cant imagine that it could be that hard to implement abit better "checks" before giveing names out).

@MArdA TaleWorlds Heh. I had not made a ticket. Now there is one, but I have no idea how to send it to you. But since one now exists, you should find it.

Why are we double-covering bugs here and at taleworlds.com?

Well they arent directly doing so though, the ticket is to add savefiles so they can examine what why or reproduce the issues.

Here we can report on issues in general, and if they are aware of fixes or that its being worked on etc, can be closed without any further ado.

But I ehem been abit critical about them wanting files, in alot of cases where there is no need for one, in this case as I explained in the other post, its not a bug, its just bad scripting if I'm being blunt.

I sometimes wonder if they actually play the game for long full periods like some of us no-lifers(me) do.
Where we actually play the game for 20-30+ years, and this is one of the isuses that arise on more than one occasion, read "common", but its not a bug, more a "feature" lol

Back
Top Bottom