Problem to paint desert forest

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello community. Previously, when I wanted to paint with the desert_forest texture, I would export the map from cartographer as obj and open it with blender, then select the area and within the available textures it was desert_forest and that's it.

But now that texture no longer appears in blender, the same ones that I can paint with Torgrims appear. I tried different versions of blender and the same thing happens to me

Does anyone know how I can go about painting that texture?

Thx

Solution
Hello community. Previously, when I wanted to paint with the desert_forest texture, I would export the map from cartographer as obj and open it with blender, then select the area and within the available textures it was desert_forest and that's it.

But now that texture no longer appears in blender, the same ones that I can paint with Torgrims appear. I tried different versions of blender and the same thing happens to me

Thx
I use an alternative for desert_forest. Pick an unused terrain type and paint it in Thorgrim's where you want palm trees. Then edit map.txt and replace references to that terrain type with 13 (i.e. desert forest).
The structure of map.txt is:

Thx
I use an alternative for desert_forest. Pick an unused terrain type and paint it in Thorgrim's where you want palm trees. Then edit map.txt and replace references to that terrain type with 13 (i.e. desert forest).
The structure of map.txt is:
The first number in a map.txt file is the number of vertices
After that is a list of three columns that seems to run forever - these are the X, Y & Z co-ordinates for each vertex listed in order.
Then the next number is the number of polys or faces.
Then you have a six column list that goes on forever - these are:

a terrain code
b 0 - presumably depreciated
c 3 - number of vertices for each face
d vertex 1 (ref number in the vertex list)
e vertex 2 (ref number in the vertex list)
f vertex 3 (ref number in the vertex list)

Vertex numbers as with all TW lists start with 0 as opposed to 1.

terrain codes are
0 = sea or ocean
1 = mountain (impassable)
2 = steppe
3 = plain
4 = snow
5 = desert
7 = ford/bridge (walkable water) use sparingly to avoid crashes
8 = river
9= steppe mountain (impassable)
10 = steppe forest
11 = forest
12 = snow forest
13 = desert forest (not paintable in Thorgrims)
15 = deep ocean (walkable water) has blending issues if adjacent to non-water terrain

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom