can tw please communicate more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Except when I'm not.

Finally, the promised retraction.
And how can we tell when you're not?
giphy.gif

Eventually, but it isn't a huge priority right now. Stability, balance, and ensuring the core elements of the combat are fun and enjoyable are much more important to us at the moment.
Sorry Callum, but it is not fun nor enjoyable. Return classic customization from Warband and balance your game, it is unbalanced right now! Where are new modes, custom servers and maps support?
Look at Bannerlord MP, its dead. Warband without modified modules have more players online, what a shame! If you wanna go by the "e-sport" and "competitive" way of the MP support, you will just lose your native playerbase. Warband was competitive, balanced and really fun, change my mind.

Sadly not.

Duh_Taleworlds and Mexxico are they only ones who really interact with us in English. Someone developers will pop up once every few months but it's not better and never will be. Let us not even mention the community support, it seems they can only access the bug report section on the forum.

Damn you realy want hunderds of thousands of developers replying on every single thing.You realy are delusional about some stuff.By you TW should hire 100+ peopel and just focus on answering every single post.Also will give you friendly hint devs MULTIPLE times said that they will reply on certain stuff and not cosnatntly reply on same/simmilar questions that has ben consatntly asked and alredy answers given but people cant spend 3-10 mins of research adn looking for answers given by devs cbs hats way to much work for likes of you isnt it?

" I don't have any estimates on when they will arrive just yet. "
" we will explore in the future though! "
Communication at its finest
Sorry but that is the communication.They arent all knowing god to predict future and know exact month,day,minute,secound,millisecound when something will be done/made/added.Omg you people or more precicely this whole community turned into bi*t*hy housewifes heck even them arent that b like MB community.

As a side note: I'm annoyed by this snarky communication style of asking "what else do you expect us to do?" I know it feels like an own because we, who don't know much about what you can *actually* do, aren't able to give accurate, exact directions. Whatever we suggest will be unrealistic, which you then use as "proof" that we're unqualified to speak. I won't be surprised if that's how TW responds to my request for a roadmap (if there is a response at all). That's a massive copout. It's like a chef telling me "you try cooking it" after I tell them that my steak is overcooked. If we aren't happy, and we explain why, then it's TW's job to figure out how to fix that; I'm not responsible for changing a bad chef's recipe—my feedback should be enough.

It's pathetic for TW to hide behind this implied idea that the community hasn't given adequate feedback. I told you what we wanted (more communication), now figure out how to deliver it. Quit being a wimp and asking questions like "well what do you want me to talk about?" Everyone can see that it's a lazy way to avoid responsibility for your failures. @Callum
As i alredy commented you are one of those SOLY HERE TO STIR THE POT,MAKE THE MEMES AND TO TROLL NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS.

All in all, I agree with a lot of your points, and a lot of people are constantly *****ing here and knowingly ignoring the developers responses to their own questions, but TW built this house. There was a period of time over the last few months, when the game has been in it's most broken state, that there was almost no response to any of the questions posed. It is getting better now and they're certainly getting back in touch with the community, but if you think the level of communication over the EA period so far has been up to scratch then you're delusional.

I can sort of understand because a lot of the developers probably don't even speak English, but that's what they hire community managers and the likes for.

Last edited:
Sorry but that is the communication.They arent all knowing god to predict future and know exact month,day,minute,secound,millisecound when something will be done/made/added.Omg you people or more precicely this whole community turned into bi*t*hy housewifes heck even them arent that b like MB community.

Hey everyone, I made some improvements to the blocking cones (which is what these issues brought forward here are about). It will be in beta within the next 1-2 patches and then make its way to live.

But I got to make clear that we don't view what happened in these videos as bugs. It's actually by design. This might feel weird and counterintuitive but let me explain:

What are blocking cones?
Blocking cones define an area around your character, in which incoming attacks will be blocked. Each blocking direction has its individual blocking cone, meaning weapons blocking to the left have a different cone, than shields or hand shields. Additionally for “weapon blocking” the attack direction also influences the size and direction of the blocking cone, while it stays the same for shield and handshield blocking.
Attack direction: Right (so from the defenders point of view, the left block is the correct one)
qI9t9vh.png

BsbXYzS.png

Notice how the Sphere turns blue on the incorrect block. Which means that it will hit the player.

Now lets rotate the character!
6gxFbhg.png

Notice how, because the defender had rotated into the attack direction, the attack can be blocked even with an incorrect block! (red sphere on the attacker)

vYdcZaT.png

And eventhough this block is correct, because of the rotation the attacker will get a hit on the defender (blue sphere)
hdqKM9g.png

Shield blocking to the middle. Notice how the cone is really narrow compared to weapon blocks, but covers the whole body.

VorxM2w.png

Shield blocking to the side. Its not covering as much of the "wrong side" of the body as the middle block (but still way more than a wrong weapon block). So it will be easier to hit around the "wrong side" but a lot harder to hit around the "correct" side of the block.

Why don't we use the actual mesh of shields and weapons for blocking?
By nature in M&B the blocking cones need to be bigger than the actual mesh (shield, sword etc.), since we can't expect a 100% correct 3d input by the players for every incoming attack. Being 100% accurate would mean that the players somehow need to be able to not only block in the correct direction, but also at the right angle with the weapon and the correct arm position. Which are things only some VR games really make players do, or maybe QWOP lol

We assume that in real life someone holding a shield, would have a certain “radius” around where the shield is, where that someone could quickly/intuitively react and block incoming attacks. Putting that input into the responsibility of the players would add a crazy new layer to our combat gameplay and complicate it massively. I think this “wiggle room” is a fair thing to put into the hands of the game/character and not the players, kaing the gameplay better but losing out on the realism aspect in the scenarios brought up in this thread.
Also since we have different sizes of shields and weapons, we would need a custom block cone for every one of them, making it so you would have to basically relearn blocking with every new weapon you pick up. It would totally shake up the game balance as well and in the end it would actually feel less consistent.

The combat system is complicated enough. Blocking with shields already is harder than in warband (since we have directional blocking with it as well now to a degree) and there is no balance reason to punish shield users anymore.

What will change with the coming updates?
. I reduced the cone size for the inner side of shields. This reduces the blocking cone you have, with your shield, when it's in the “wrong” direction and are rotated away from the attack.
2. I made it so that “wrong” weapon blocks have a slightly larger cone to the front, since usually the weapons are angled slightly forward as well. So it will fit the ingame representation better.

Both of the changes are not dramatic. Dont expect to feel a difference right away. But (especially the first one) should reduce the scenarios that came up in this thread and make them less dramatic. But they will still happen to a degree!

There is a different hitbox for shields blocking missiles. That hitbox has nothing to do with the blocking cones, but comes from the actual shield size, increasing it a bit further giving it also something like a “wiggle room” which I explained above.

That's good communication, it's the only one of it's kind I've seen on the MP thread in 6 months (thanks NIN3).

A list of vague goals isn't suitable for a 4th grade essay, despite a company working on a AAA priced game. Companies far smaller than Talesworlds provide far more comprehensive breakdowns of new additions and detailed road maps (and actually keep to their given timeframes!)

All we're asking is more stuff like the above. It's not much. It's expected, not just because it's Early Access Title, nor a 100 man company, but because there's a AAA price tag on it.

The minimum expectation is better communication than tiny Indie companies, and they can't even fulfill that. There isn't an excuse.

Meanwhile, this is the dev activity and communication in the SA needs a server thread
tenor.gif

Best 60$ - that are overvalued in my country making the game even more expensive - spent just to play with 300ms! Nice!

Meanwhile, this is the dev activity and communication in the SA needs a server thread
tenor.gif

Best 60$ - that are overvalued in my country making the game even more expensive - spent just to play with 300ms! Nice!
Yep, this one is really concerning in particular. Considering how **** the servers are for people that actually have them, I still feel like TW has signed some sort of contract with the server providers that is ruining things for everyone.

Damn you realy want hunderds of thousands of developers replying on every single thing.You realy are delusional about some stuff.By you TW should hire 100+ peopel and just focus on answering every single post.Also will give you friendly hint devs MULTIPLE times said that they will reply on certain stuff and not cosnatntly reply on same/simmilar questions that has ben consatntly asked and alredy answers given but people cant spend 3-10 mins of research adn looking for answers given by devs cbs hats way to much work for likes of you isnt it?
Completely missed the point of why a forum exists.

While it's true Bannerlord has probably settled at a baseline amount of players that consistently play, it is also very true that there was massive initial decline in players. A lot of people played in the beginning, and a lot of people just completely left.

That being said, I'm sure you guys have plans on improving player retention. One thing that I think would give a lot of people hope is you guys acknowledging that multiplayer isn't doing so well in active players, and listing why you believe certain features will help keep players around. I've seen tons of posts coming from players on why they think multiplayer has declined so much, but it would be reassuring to see what Taleworlds believes is the fix for this.
You know he didn't actually say that there are more players. He's just saying that there are less players because the game is unfinished.

If you're telling me there are more players then when the game just released in EA, then i'd call you a liar

Back
Top Bottom