So how do the devs choose what factions there are going to be in siege its always the same factions sortof

Users who are viewing this thread

Jviking

Recruit
So whenever i get into a siege game i feel like its always the same factions, Its ether Aseri or Khuzait or Sturgia i very rarely see Battania.
Have the devs said how they choose with factions gets chosen in the sieges ?

There is a pot, of which a pair of each faction goes in. 12 factions total. This is a global pool. When a server starts and loads a new game it selects 2 random factions from this pot, then so on and so on, until they are all used up, then the pot is reset. What this means, is that you could be incredibly unlucky and your server keeps resetting when the only factions left are the same ones you used before.

It's definitely needing refining and IIRC they are looking into it.

So whenever i get into a siege game i feel like its always the same factions, Its ether Aseri or Khuzait or Sturgia i very rarely see Battania.
Have the devs said how they choose with factions gets chosen in the sieges ?

Hello, Mabons is correct. The way it works allow equal distribution of factions but it may feel totally random to players when there are many games opening in short amount of time. I would prefer if faction selected happened by players before the game but as far as I know there is no final decision regarding that yet. However after discussing with a couple of coworkers, we decided to make it so every game mode has its own faction pot until a better way is fully decided and implemented. This should allow Siege game mode to have more visible variety of factions.

Hello, Mabons is correct. The way it works allow equal distribution of factions but it may feel totally random to players when there are many games opening in short amount of time. I would prefer if faction selected happened by players before the game but as far as I know there is no final decision regarding that yet. However after discussing with a couple of coworkers, we decided to make it so every game mode has its own faction pot until a better way is fully decided and implemented. This should allow Siege game mode to have more visible variety of factions.
I have a suggestion. You could do that other way round to retain a certain amount of randomness. I guess if you let people vote you'll always see the same factions more or less.
So my suggestion is that both sides get a ban vote on a faction before they are selected. If both teams ban the same faction with most popular votes, I have a follow up suggestion: The team with more votes on one faction gets precedence, the faction gets banned, the other team therefore then bans the faction with the second-most votes.
Two of six are eliminated and the server then randomizes the faction for both sides.

I am logging my factions in Skirmish mode since early May.
If someone is curious about those stats:
{
"Aserai": 53,
"Khuzait": 45,
"Empire": 48,
"Vlandia": 46,
"Battania": 41,
"Sturgia": 49
}

282 games in total.
  • Aserai 18,79 %
  • Khuzait 15,95 %