Recent content by Zephilinox

1. Zephilinox

OSP Code Combat Perfectly Smooth, Mouse-Enabled Deathcam V1.4

mercury19 said:
    I stuck the code into a file for using with Modmerger, if y'all want.

link

check the readme for isntallation instructions, but if you've used modmerger before its the same as everything else.

Wow that's cool dude, thanks.

I'm amazed this OSP is still seeing use after so many years, you guys are awesome.
  2. Zephilinox

Leaf Bombs

Mace to Face said:
    I might be wrong, but it seems to use one handed weapon proficiency instead of throwing,  as I've thrown them and my 1h skill increased.

ah interesting. The damage uses 1h weaponry, though the actual throwing still counts as a thrown weapon, so I suppose if you want more accuracy you need higher throwing skill.
  3. Zephilinox

Leaf Bombs

PowerReef said:
    Are leaf bombs splash damage affected by power throw? If so then i might have to make an aroulo playthrough

leaf bombs deal a base damage of 25, increasing by 3 for every point of power throw.
  4. Zephilinox

OSP Code Combat Perfectly Smooth, Mouse-Enabled Deathcam V1.4

TarnishedArmour said:
    Double checked the placement of the four lines initializing the various deathcam scripts and in every place one is present, all four are.  So unless there's some sort of "bleed over' effect from one mission template to another and it's translating only partially I can't believe it would be that.  I think that's the every where it needs to be you mentioned.  As for the first part, it was a direct copy and paste of the 1.4 move section, the 1.3 move section, and then back again when I was first trouble shooting, but that doesn't mean I didn't mess anything up there.

That's where I guess I'll focus my attention before I try different battle scenes to see if it's just the open field battle that's not working.  I'll double check the code itself to make sure it matches what Zephilinox has.  Maybe it's as simple as some tab placements...? I don't know, running Lav's compiler hasn't shown me any formatting errors though, though that might just mean my formatting errors match on both sides of the code.

Regardless, thank you for the pointing in a direction, I'll dig and figure a bit before I complain again.

Sorry I don't know why it wouldn't be working for you, make sure you double check everything, perhaps I missed a trigger? I remember there was some kind of bug I found in 1.3 to do with not being able to retreat, there may be others, though the deathcam is working just fine in big mods like Perisno.

snouz said:
    Has anyone ever tried to untie the smoothness of the cam & framerate? I've got like 45 fps, and it's still laggy as ****.

Moving the cam with numpad keys works like a charm, but the mouse doesn't work well. It moves with stutter and doesn't take the input of moving the mouse correctly.

It's not possible. Mouse position is directly tied to framerate, while keyboard input is not. The only exception to this is when there is a presentation open, and the original version of this deathcam did use a presentation in order to get the movement to be smooth, however the controls were very finicky and not user friendly. It was based on the deathcam that was in a mod called Blood & Steel I believe, which used a presentation-based deathcam. Perhaps look at that mod and see if it is OSP.

That was why I added the numpad controls, for when framerate becomes an issue. The mouse rotation is improved compared to other deathcams due to the fact that when I made my deathcam there was no command for smoothly rotating on an axis (I believe Y?), however one of the more recent updates implemented that command so my little workaround isn't really necessary anymore, though it makes no difference now back then it was a big factor in to why mouse-rotation deathcams were so bad to use.

You can see that relevant code here:

Code:
                (position_rotate_x_floating, pos47, ":neg_rotx"), #Reset x axis to initial state

(position_rotate_y, pos47, 90), #Barrel roll by 90 degrees to inverse x/z axis
                (position_rotate_x_floating, pos47, ":delta_x"), #Rotate simulated z axis, Horizontal
                (position_rotate_y, pos47, -90), #Reverse

(position_rotate_x_floating, pos47, "$deathcam_total_rotx"), #Reverse

which was necessary because position_rotate_y_floating did not exist, causing rotation to truncate to whole numbers.

LootingScumbag said:
    i was disgusted with how bad the native one is... how can they release a feature that doesnt even work lol

There is no native deathcam whatsoever though, unless they added in to a newer version?

LootingScumbag said:
    Slavos said:
    LootingScumbag said:
    so uh how do install this deathcam if i dont have the osp??

the codes are in the first page of this topic, you just need to follow the instructions

yeah but dont you need all the precompiled files to edit? how do i do this for brytenwalda if it is compiled? im new so if you can explain

This deathcam is only usable if you have the source code. Ask your mod dev team to implement the deathcam if the source is not available.

kalarhan said:
    LootingScumbag said:
    yeah but dont you need all the precompiled files to edit? how do i do this for brytenwalda if it is compiled? im new so if you can explain

Engine is the same. Native, Brytenwalda, VC, ... they all use the game engine, which right now is version 1.168.

Engine has a API that you can access using operations (header_operations.py).

So you can get a OSP code (like this camera feature) and include it on Native, Brytenwalda (code for 1.41 is open source), VC (you can download the code too), etc, as long you have the source for the mod you are messing with.

You will need to update old OSP if they are using outdated code (as the game changed over 10 years). But that is your job as the modder. Code, test, code, test, ...

Read the instructions. And the tutorials. They explain all this.

The deathcam should work as it is without any updates to it unless something changed with the various battle triggers. For instance if you use the diplomacy mod there is extra work you need to do to get the deathcam working, which I believe I explained on page 2 of this thread.
  5. Zephilinox

My beginner's guide

Awesome thanks, I'll have to try this out.
  6. Zephilinox

Lose relation with lords when i marry a lady the correct way

gsanders said:
    xiao23 said:
    Bixbe said:
    I have been trying to marry a lady and i have pledged my allegance to her brother hoping to increase the relation even more but once i proposed i lost relation with 10-15 lords i didnt persuade her or anything i got permission to see her from her brother as well.

Happened to me as well, i tried to marry Lady Yvette (she's so hot). Anyways, when i asked her "Do you see our future being together" (something like that). It instantly marries us and his brother and King Otto IV says to me when i talked to them after that "I ran away together" oh my. Since there's no fix to this i guess you just have to deal with it.

This is a legacy of code that was originally intended to solve orphan marriages by skipping the wedding and going to elope, with no elope penalty for ORPHANS but not catching the elope penalty for normal weddings.  I'd be happy for the current groupo to clip/change/remove anything they wish, including marriage code.  They could for that matter remove orphans by reverting to native initialize_aristocracy, except the original problem was overflow of one kingdom's family members into the next numbered kingdom, which sometimes made strange families.  As I see it, in the last 6 months noone has wanted to do coding repairs/support.

I got tired of being the only active coder (with the notable exception of Perisno 0.74 made by a different person) and not having much help from other members or whichever lead dev declared themselves in charge.  It's true I approached the project as a 1 man team and didnt even bother with pretending to be a roundtable of equals.  The current group has ALL the code and has since the hour the last patches were made.  Nothing was held back.  My impression is they did a great job with art compression and redoing troops for balance in the new 0.8, which is better than the 0.8 from last year.  I'm not sure they have the time or patience to solve code, add to the code, or remove from the code.  They had one guy for a while but it seems like code is the bottleneck.

- GS

I came back for a few weeks(months?) around 0.73 but yeah Perisno could really do with some programmers, the problem is that the codebase has become so massive that it's daunting to anyone not incredibly experienced with warband modding, and the ones who are have either stopped playing or are working on their own stuff.

I believe once Bannerlord is released there will be a massive influx of talent and Perisno could be re-built from the beginning without all the legacy code it currently has.
  7. Zephilinox

Perisno Development Thread | Version: 0.8 | Released >>

gsanders said:
    Leonion said:
    Most of Perisno team members worked a lot on the mod in a certain point in the past, long before I joined the team.
    I guess they just burned out.
    And despite the fact that it happened about 2 years ago, some of them still worked on the mod after that day.

At least when it comes to Native/standard features (like fixing common bugs, optimizing textures, balancing everything, making kingdom management and overall gameplay less tedious and "grindy", making certain efforts more rewarding and so on). Not promising anything about Diplomacy/PBOD/Freelancer/Battle formations features, since I wouldn't have added them in the first place (I'm too skeptical when it comes to trusting somebody else's MASSIVE OVERHAUL kind of code, and as for now, I can't really say anything good about any of these sub-mods, except for certain Diplomacy features). I've seen gsanders' comments in the code where he fixed multiple errors/misfits that came with these OSPs, so I'll just assume that he did his best to make them work correctly.

I didn't see the code until around 10 Nov 2014, so about a month after the thread you quoted.  At that time I was still lost as to what went where in the module system. I mostly tried attacking gender issues in the dialog for the first month and was waiting for "someone" to help me.  I think you're now in the similar situation I was in.  Once in awhile Michadr came out of hibernation but to be direct he seldom spent more than 2-3 days and then he'd stop and have a new "computer" issue, "internet" issue, or life issue.  He has a fair idea what module does what but its been a long time since every line in the code was reviewed by him.  He may be, however, the best you've got for questions and answers.

I left a lot of footprints and tried changes of many sorts.  I always went after infrastructure change but felt someone else whould tweak troops, items, etc.  I'm happy you cut the bloat by 50%.  The code in Perisno could use a serious dose of streamlining but it is very difficult to put in so many OSPs without side effects.  It took me at least a year to straighten out conflicts in the data model, as originally Perisno had declarations for diplomacy following the other declarations, and after PBOD declared its own variables, diplomacy declared variables, and Native implicitly declared huge arrays but the size of these structures was vague and always presumed to be similar to native there were huge regions of overlap that appeared only after mid game, leading to great frustration.  This is why towards the end of my "tenure" I published the data model as an open spec, mostly for your benefit as a roadmap.

I have this long history of complaining about not getting help, but at least you don't complain.  Perisno always had a large number of so-called "lead devs" that weren't leading or developing, and instead its safer to have a title sort of "I was here but the label wasn't important".  It's nice to get anyone to even read the comments.

I had a great vacation transforming Phosphor into Warsword Rigale under the Rigale forum.  I can't say it's been without controversy either but Nameless Warrior carried his weight in terms of changes and I seldom had to spend much time fixing his code.  I'd say we each spent equal time reviewing the other's mistakes, he and I, but it has occured with mutual respect.

I'm really glad the NEW Perisno team is making changes as a team instead of putting it all on one person's shoulders.  THAT is how to burn someone out fast.  It takes a long time to understand the code of everyone else -- what I assume was "intuitively obvious" does not even translate well into Russian.  Sometimes comments from anyone else just do not exist, making it much harder to know why or how something was written in the way it was.  At times it seems like it is a miracle it ever worked.  Sometimes it seemed like spaghetti from so many different coders, of different skill levels.  Looking at my own work I went from making terrible mistakes to simply bad mistakes to eventually clever mistakes and now they're closest to "lazy mistakes".  Evolution...

You'll do better.  It helps that you aren't in the same hurry I was.  I knew my health would become an issue, and expected to run out of money or have to return to America or something.  You can just glide for a while and with HALF the bloat from items pretty much everything goes faster, farther, and easier.  I urge you to remove as many OSPs as give trouble or are not clear and keep it simple.  Adding more factions, more villages, and especially more lords bumps up against the 400 banner soft cap in Warband, and Perisno 0.8 as of 1 year ago certainly was seeing that.  Make it smaller and try again.  Consider some reports to check the number of parties on the map, as that is a major source of lag, if I didn't already put one for you.  I think I made that after I last touched .773

The rather huge team listed for Perisno tended to be specialized and there was always a bottleneck at the coding, which I think you've seen by now.  It was a team heavy on artists, which is nice until that gives 3.5 GB bloat :smile:
      Happy you settled into it...

- GS

A lack of dedicated coders has always been Perisno's major issue, especially with any kind of relevant skill level. It does get tiring having to carry your own weight while also checking and fixing code from others and it's one of the reasons I ended up choosing to stop working on the mod, even though I came back briefly. OSP integration was practically hell :b

If I could give any developers currently working on Perisno any advice, it would be to focus on the bugs and less on adding new features. People love this mod, but every feature added ends up creating more bugs, not to mention focusing resources away from bugs which already exist. The number of times I've heard people say they thought version 5 or 6 or 7 would be perfect if it just didn't have any bugs is insane.
  8. Zephilinox

Version 0.772 Released!

superfishy26 said:
    Don Leo said:
    Chacnellor herfast, ask about changing domestic policy, then ask about culture
    Only options are change domestic policy and view other domestic policies, nowhere is there anything about changing culture. I currently possess a town and two castles.

You need to have your counselor be a hero. I'm getting pretty tired of people always asking about this, so I'll whip something up for 0.751 so this is more obvious.
    Actually, I'm just going to go ahead and remove this limitation.
  9. Zephilinox

Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Don Leo said:
    nuuuuuu!

Don't remove! Just put a warning label somewhere. "Beware: sorted troops lose their exp"

But do you really want sorted troops to lose their EXP in exchange for them being... well, sorted? If so, perhaps it would be better to have the player click a button when they want to sort their party, instead of doing it automatically.
  10. Zephilinox

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Alex_NG said:
    From what I found searching on these forums, no, and only stacks of the player party even have any associated xp - but this may be obsolete info of course.

Now, my question: is it known how AI decides if it should attack or run away from another AI party (including considering the possibility that other nearby parties will join in on the battle), and if it is possible to affect this in some way for specific target parties?

The bit about only player party stacks having XP is interesting, are you sure? AI parties regularly have a trigger applied to increase their XP, so how do they keep track of it?

Sorry I can't answer your question.

TheVideoGameInn said:
    Anyone know how to set relations between lords? I don't mean how much they like each other, but family ties. How would I go about making a lord the king's son/brother?

you'll have to set it up in script_initialize_aristocracy
  11. Zephilinox

Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Yeah I'm sorry, it seems that all XP is lost when a troop gets sorted (but it shouldn't have any effect if the troops are already in the right order)

The sorting code was used in Custom Commander, and I never noticed the issue in my tests. I don't believe there is any fix (in the same way that garrisoning a troop that levels up can't be leveled up afterwards) so the feature will likely have to be removed for 0.751, unfortunately :[
  12. Zephilinox

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Is there any way to get the amount of XP that a stack has in the party? I want to be able to move stacks around while retaining their XP values.
  13. Zephilinox

Runtime Error Fix

Yeah, set everything to lowest and play in a resolution that is smaller than your screen if possible (you can fullscreen if you want to, or play windowed)

If it still doesn't work then there's nothing to be done, sorry.
  14. Zephilinox

Discussion + Suggestions

BadassWalrus said:
    I have a question with the First post,
    Does the Old spoiler contain suggestions that are already in, going to be added, or not being added?

Some of them look pretty cool but i haven't seen them so i hope there being added  :mrgreen:

They are the brokenly formatted list of things that was there before I re-joined the team and edited the thread. Some of them have been implemented a long time ago, but otherwise I don't think we are doing anything on the list atm. The old list is just for history purposes I suppose, where as the new list is something I (personally) feel could add value to Perisno.

Don Leo said:
    I have a problem with my archers. I put reinforcement waves to 100 so I don't get those interim windows after 3 reinforcements.

This means my archers might survive for more then 4 waves or so, making them run out of arrows. The only thing that fixes this is maybe sending them out to die as pseudo-infantry or telling them to retreat. The sending out may kill them and the retreat has a morale penalty. Sending to die also makes reinforcement archers run out unless I micro this.

I believe there's a mod (formation?) that lets archers join the infantry group once they run out of arrows. That's interesting.

Maybe having an option to let archers retreat when they run out of arrows... without the morale penalty. That would be great.

A way to replenish arrows in open field battles would be interesting. Right now, when my cavalry lose their horses, I tell them to charge and mount horses. They'll try to find a horse and try to get on it. Maybe a command to "get arrows" could let archers run around and grab whatever arrows are on the floor. Or they could move toward the inventory chest and grab arrows from that. Or give the command "resupply" and they leave the battle but come back in next wave with fresh arrows.

Or reinforcement waves could have a resupply horseman who runs around giving ammo to empty archers. Or just have that guy appear, archers get some ammo back, then the guy retreats automatically. He'd be a troop you can recruit and you need x of them per party size or 1 for every reinforcement wave. Maybe have them have charges per person. Let's say you hire 10 resupply squires. They'll resupply a total of 20 waves (2 waves each) and after that they're empty, even after the battle. They'll be recharged next time you enter a friendly town and there's a charge included. Like 50 bucks per resupply squire.

This guy could also spawn with a few horses and give new shields to troops. He'd always die when KO-ed and have massive wage costs.

Something for archers on high wave settings would be amazing :3

edit: I guess maybe if the AI had smarter formations, more troops would be killed so archers wouldn't run out of ammo so much since they'd be killed before that happens

Yeah this is something that I was worried about, but right now there's nothing planned to improve this. If you are planning to have lots of archers then you will want to set a reasonable reinforcement amount, maybe 4. This isn't really any different than what thousands of other players do by using the Battle Size changer to have 300+ troop battles, and you can still use that with the reinforcement options if you want to.
Back
Top Bottom