Runtime Error Fix

Users who are viewing this thread

For Virtual memory with 4 GB (or larger) system RAM,
  I'd prefer to keep it to 6 GB virtual memory
  EXCEPT if the laptop has a "sleep" or "hibernate" setting enabled in power management
  (then the rule is 1.5 times System RAM)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEV1djbTlhVTFza3c/view?usp=sharing

On my system I have 16 GB RAM but only 6 GB set for VM.  I boot from C: but its a SSD and using solid state disk
for VM tends to wear the disk out very fast.  So I point the virtual memory file to be made on drive F: which is a normal
SATA-III drive.  I prefer the lower and upper sizes to be set to the same value to prevent the system from long pauses in changing the virtual memory if filled by memory leak.  If I need more than 6 GB from a leak I don't need a bigger VM setting, I really need to explore what is wrong. 

My home PC has almost the same settings (and also a SSD and a HDD)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEY3pheWNBb0lmdzQ/view?usp=sharing

Just noticed this thread isn't locked :wink:

I'm also having the runtime error and I've tried everything on this and the bug reports thread and it still crashed with Runtime Error the instant I click on Play Perisno. I did get onto character creation once and when I got to making my character the image was all staticky, but when I alt tabbed out and went back in again the image showed up fine but the background behind the character was white. After I made the character I it said the thing about a bandit tried to mug me with his sheathe and the fight starts it crashed

I'm starting to think that this game just doesn't like my laptop as bigger mods require me to lower settings more and more. I just managed to get Clash of Kings running on lowest settings but this mod takes about 50% longer to load and instantly crashes when I press play so maybe I need to wait until I get a gaming PC in a few months

If you can think of anything else though I would appreciate it :smile:

Kiri Kaneko said:
I'm starting to think that this game just doesn't like my laptop as bigger mods require me to lower settings more and more. I just managed to get Clash of Kings running on lowest settings but this mod takes about 50% longer to load and instantly crashes when I press play so maybe I need to wait until I get a gaming PC in a few months

If you can think of anything else though I would appreciate it :smile:

The main issue on a laptop is the graphics cant be upgraded.  Although marketing thinks Intel graphics are perfectly acceptable for Skype and powerpoint (all they do with it, may as well be a phone), Warband needs fairly powerful graphics.  On a desktop with a slot that can accept a plug in card, a $120 USD video card can run the game in medium to medium high settings.  The difference in cooling capability on a medium traditional PC instead of a laptop with very limited airflow cannot be over estimated.  Dollar for dollar, a desktop PC is the investment that breaks less and is easier/cheaper to repair.  I understand a laptop is seductive; you might be able to take it to a park etc.  Except you could taken a phone tablet say 7 inches diagonal and gotten almost as much done, especially one that accepts a USB keyboard.  And have it last twice as long on battery.  But it doesn't play warband.  I prefer Nvidia based graphics, with not less than 128-bit memory path and 384 CUDA cores, making for example the 740 at about $125 USD my target minimum graphics card, with the $180 750TI my dream card, for when I am feeling like splurging (only 1 of my 5 PCs has so much wealth in graphics).  I have excellent system(s) each built by myself and I don't pay much for gear.  So that said, it is possible to get a strong PC on a budget.  Whats difficult is to justify a strong PC when a PC seems to be just a toy.  A car is a toy, if your bicycle gets you around.  But some people find them useful.  It depends what they want to do.  My first 9 years in East Europe I didn't have a car, despite having driven for at least 25 years previously in USA.  But I always had my computers... So you choose priorities.

- GS

For games, get a desktop. 

i have a custom built pc radeon HD7700 series graphics card 8gb ram and a AMD FX 6-core Processor at 3.50 GHz and it is optimized to run cryengine 3 witch eats a lot of resources and windows 7 64bit. as i tried all these fixes and i still get crash to desktop or runtime error and cannot play the mod but every other mod i had tried woks A ok. im really not seeing how this mod has issues with my pc when i have other games that are way more demanding work on it.

Edit: other info i have warband v1.158 does that mean i got the wrong version for the mod?

gonna patch in to 1.166 warband and see if that fixes my issue cause i really want to try this mod

I use Warband 1.158 so there is something else that is the issue not the warband version.

I personally don't have a problem running Perisno, so to be honest its something at your end not mine.

- GS

gsanders said:
I use Warband 1.158 so there is something else that is the issue not the warband version.

I personally don't have a problem running Perisno, so to be honest its something at your end not mine.

- GS

i tried evry settings possible and it still kept crashing at Loading Settings Data. i even trying all kinds of fixes i just presume im non ment to play this mod  :cry:

Loading settings means its loading textures at that moment.
  Although we said it many times, go to Warband (BEFORE loading Perisno)
    configure  video  "Load Textures on Demand"  MUST be checked

do that once more.  It doesnt hurt any other mod so just do it.  Perisno has many more resources to load than other mods.

gsanders said:
Loading settings means its loading textures at that moment.
  Although we said it many times, go to Warband (BEFORE loading Perisno)
    configure  video  "Load Textures on Demand"  MUST be checked

do that once more.  It doesnt hurt any other mod so just do it.  Perisno has many more resources to load than other mods.

thanks finally it worked and i got my character made love the music and the banners and i plan on trying one of each race to see how that all works out my human male i created started in  Reich des Drachen witch i presume means land of the dragon in Persino could be fun bunch to fight for. time will tell got to find out the hard way each nobles goals and intents  and saying the wrong thing at the wrong moment will get you in a heap o trouble(aka starting a personal war without having the troops. woops)  anyway thanks abunch for the tips gsanders

Hello, I have the same problme, but I have Radeon video card, so maybe someone can help me with this problem? When I press "Play Perisno", game just crashes and that's all, in previous versions I haven't got this problem.

LatvianKnight said:
Hello, I have the same problme, but I have Radeon video card, so maybe someone can help me with this problem? When I press "Play Perisno", game just crashes and that's all, in previous versions I haven't got this problem.
What settings do you play the game on?

Michadr said:

3294615e9837bd5bcf6a4f75054104a6.png

Drop texture detail to 70 instead of 100 to get more (2x more in fact) textures to fit into your video RAM at one moment
  .7*.7 == .49

Set shadows to none or lowest setting instead of HIGH

This mod seems to run best on Nvidia GPUs with >= 1 GB video RAM and >= 384 CUDA cores, which is about $125 these days.
If shopping by specs, I'd also suggest:
Video RAM width should be 128-bits or higher.  This blocks most very bottom end GPUs while not expecting too much from a mid-range GPU. 

My personal opinion:
I personally use GTX-450, 460, 740, and 750 at home and my home PCs at work (I have a variety of platforms).
Every PC I still play Warband on has some form of I7, whether new or from 5 years ago when they still had 3 memory channels.
It's not a e-peen contest -- the fact is, some PCs really aren't made for anything more demanding than "Microsoft Office".  If after dumbing down every setting it still doesn't work, thats a problem with the user rig.  There is no "ultra low end" Perisno -- except the mod folder called "Native", which runs on toasters and similar weak rigs.

Pity laptops can't upgrade video, thus my preference for traditional desktop PCs.  I have a work assigned laptop with
Nvidia 435M (I _think_, I use it as little as possible), which has fairly poor performance, but at least it has an I5 CPU.
Pity the poor SOB that has neither CPU bandwidth nor video GPU and still complains if a high end game doesn't load...

I'll try to not mention "get a real video card" as the best cure for this, but it's tempting ... oh so tempting...

- GS

gsanders said:
Drop texture detail to 70 instead of 100 to get more (2x more in fact) textures to fit into your video RAM at one moment
  .7*.7 == .49

Set shadows to none or lowest setting instead of HIGH

This mod seems to run best on Nvidia GPUs with >= 1 GB video RAM and >= 384 CUDA cores, which is about $125 these days.
If shopping by specs, I'd also suggest:
Video RAM width should be 128-bits or higher.  This blocks most very bottom end GPUs while not expecting too much from a mid-range GPU. 

My personal opinion:
I personally use GTX-450, 460, 740, and 750 at home and my home PCs at work (I have a variety of platforms).
Every PC I still play Warband on has some form of I7, whether new or from 5 years ago when they still had 3 memory channels.
It's not a e-peen contest -- the fact is, some PCs really aren't made for anything more demanding than "Microsoft Office".  If after dumbing down every setting it still doesn't work, thats a problem with the user rig.  There is no "ultra low end" Perisno -- except the mod folder called "Native", which runs on toasters and similar weak rigs.

Pity laptops can't upgrade video, thus my preference for traditional desktop PCs.  I have a work assigned laptop with
Nvidia 435M (I _think_, I use it as little as possible), which has fairly poor performance, but at least it has an I5 CPU.
Pity the poor SOB that has neither CPU bandwidth nor video GPU and still complains if a high end game doesn't load...

I'll try to not mention "get a real video card" as the best cure for this, but it's tempting ... oh so tempting...

- GS
Yeah, I know my pc is bad, but only in summer end I will be able to afford normal computer, now I have to live with HP ProBook 6560b, basicially laptop, that only was purchased for work with photoshop, but I want to play same games, so... Still not working for me, And I have radeon video card atm.

LatvianKnight said:
Michadr said:

3294615e9837bd5bcf6a4f75054104a6.png
Yeah like GS said lower your texture detail.
- Also lower your Max. Frame Rate to 60.
- Turn off shadows
- Try playing without pixel shaders

Oh and don't never use desktop resolution. I've found that if you specify (at least at my end) your resolution you can get better performance. Play around a bit.

Yeah, set everything to lowest and play in a resolution that is smaller than your screen if possible (you can fullscreen if you want to, or play windowed)

If it still doesn't work then there's nothing to be done, sorry.

I can run the 0.75 version on my very old pc : CPU Athlon XP 2200+, GPU GeCube Radeon 9550 xt, most of the settings are at minimum, resolution 800x600/32bit, fps limited to 60 although in battles is get fps between 7-20 depending on complexity! I couldn't bare dropping textures bellow 50%!
Editing horse dust (to be like native) helps a bit!

This may be helpfull to others https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzuWLno8Rfg
EDIT: I tested it right away (was too excited to post it after I test it  :mrgreen: ) and it worked for me wooot :grin:

Back
Top Bottom