Recent content by yuzhno

1. Need More Info Cannot Create Save Data

I had this "cannot create save data" error a few times with different mods. Trying to isolate the issue I started a vanilla campaign and played for a while, with no corrupted saves. Now adding a few mods, and my current suspect is Smithing Hide Unknown. Also saw this error mentioned in Improved Garrisons discussion.
    It's possible that Smithing mods don't break the save by themselves, but allow the player to flood the market withn crafted weapons made for sale, and that triggers some bug in save system.
  2. Encumberance Option

http://silverstag.wikia.com/wiki/Combat_Hampering

This system applies to both the player and all AI troops on the field.
  3. General Discussion

Lor Dric said:
    Changes for 1.87

can build only 1 ship now,

Does it mean that if I lose a naval fight and get caught by the enemy, I can never sail again?

4. No music?

Re-installed ogg codecs, found out that the music was intentionally removed and replaced by ambient noises. I wonder if manual replacing of Music folder breaks anything with the mod, because I kinda prefer music to background noise of wind, insects, etc.
  5. Can only buy a ship once?

So I lost a naval battle and got captured. After some time I escaped and found myself ashore far away from home. Unfortunately the dialog with shipwrights in all ports only ends in "hmmph" with no option to buy another ship. Is it a bug or a feature?
  6. Bugs reporting thread

There's an invisible wall blocking the stairs between the castle wall and courtyard in Grunwalder castle. It's almost on the wall level. The reinforcements from both sides just stand and can't reach each other.

Also, I built a wagon train and had it follow me for a few days. At some point, it went rogue and all possible interaction was two options: Surrender or Die / Leave them in peace.
  7. No music?

Same, the music starts in the menu but stops and plays no more. There's some error within music.txt, probably - I replaced Music folder and music.txt with files from another mod and it started playing.

Oh, and I tried to play the Empire's .ogg files, and they don't - probably some audio codecs are missing.
  8. Diplomacy bugs

Valen said:
    Yea Diplomacy seems to be broken, I tried to gift a fief to the Pope and it didn't take, tried thee times with different companions.  Does anyone know if this worked under 1.03 and better yet if you can move back from 1.11?

It happens in 1.03 and happened in 1.11 too. I was sending gifts to other kingdoms via "send emissary" successfully and then at some point the script just got broken - companions took money from treasury but in companion mission report it instantly said smth like "trying to return to party". In a couple of days they would return with no effect and "are you ready to take me back" phrase.
  9. Shader problems

stevehoos said:
    Try a knightly horse from Norway or Scotland, they look white as ghosts, can hardly see the textures.

Yep, same with Hungarian tier4 horses and some other.
  10. Shader problems

Unable to find shader parameter named 'vFresnelMiltiplier'

Seems to be a common issue.
  11. Final Final version of 1257ad

Cranky said:
    278f46b0bbfbba44c3007d9a846d7b34.jpg
    Script error. Catch this on v. 1.11

Yeah, this one was in 1.03 as well.
  12. Is it possible to claim own kingdom?

I personally prefer lance system, great feature, makes the gameplay unique and more realistic. As for auto garrison, I prefer using it in most of the fiefs with rare exception of castles I use as frontline military bases, where I sometimes accumulate elite forces for a future campaign or dump extra footsoldiers when I need to turn my own army into high-mobile cavalry-only regiment.
  13. Is it possible to claim own kingdom?

I find the kingdom starting process actually easier as compared to native, and way more interesting.

It takes many long preparations of course.

Build relationships with lords of other factions to recruit them as your vassals in future, build relations with kings of factions and the Pope. Gain renown and right to rule.

As soon as you have at least one village - expand your manor. Invest in regional manor, build all kinds of enterprises there and gather taxes in goods from some of them, this way you have access to nice goods for sale or sending out as gifts.
    Building some improvements to your regional manor actually gives you right to rule which is the key to recognition as a legitimate faction in future!

Go to the village and build village manor in it. Then fortify, and you have your own castle! As soon as you have a castle, you have staff, which allows you to send gifts to lords. This is where your manor enterprises come handy. Gather taxes in goods from:

- oil maker
    - winery
    - brewery

... and send gifts to other lords and kings.

Expand your dominion, obtain control over more centers (high renown improves your chances to be granted more fiefs), buld more regional manors, improve your finances and rep.

AND WHEN it comes to indepence, you gather armies from your regional manors (to hell with their prosperity, let those dirty angry bands of alcoholics go to war in your name!)

and as soon as you declare yourself a king, send an emissary to the Pope Alexander IV with a request to crown you! Granted that you have a good relationship with him, (and right to rule, maybe?) he will declare you a legitimate king! The moment he does, you become recognized by many other factions as well which is key to survival as a faction.
  14. Final Final version of 1257ad

Great work!

Unfortunately with 1.11 some script errors still occur in battle.

90ap11.jpg

15. Final Final version of 1257ad

Guys, is there a minimap at all in v1.1? 'cause I don't have it and neither the troops counter in lower left corner, and no win banner at the end of the battle.
Back
Top Bottom