Recent content by WisdomPanda

1. WisdomPanda

SP - General Taking prisoners is currently pointless

You forgot:
    • Plauer breaks his own game.

Also keep in mind that we are playing Early Aces. This isn't finished game yet.

Yup, I made this thread to bring light to the fact it needs work. :smile:

strange...i have never had one escaped me once even if i know the risk is and should be there, as you can escape them. Prisoners are good to have for extra cash or i use em for extra soldiers if needed (like an reserve). And if you have disciplinary perk you can make those slaves in to rare units like highborns and stuff...so what is there to whine about

This is specifically for noble prisoners; other warlords.

If normal prisoners had any chance of escaping, I'd be rather miffed. They are my main source of troops.

well i think its more of an pre battle thing then prisoner thing..But you do have an option to talk to your prisoners if i remember it right so it might be there..But on the other hand some people can just say yeah im gonna do it then do something else when they are free. But then you have the option to hunt em down :smile: if its not there atm maybe it will be in the future because i know you can talk others over in this game

Currently, when you talk to a prisoner in your party, you get the MC telling them "Don't escape!", if you talk to them in a dungeon, they reply that "They aren't allowed to talk to you"... I own the castle/town, so who would you be allowed to talk with?

In a perfect world, I'd want to the option to treat some prisoners nicely, so I could slowly earn rep of spoiling them (at cost of gold).
  2. WisdomPanda

SP - General Executing lord should give you a reputation for cruelty, not deceit

It should give you a reputation for honor and justice, these cowardly lord sneaking around attacking villagers deserve to die. They are worse than bandits.

So true.

It ****s of me off that I have to tiptoe around and not burn everything to the ground, but as soon as a war starts, NPC lords are acting like it's the purge.
  3. WisdomPanda

SP - General Something has to be done about the siege AI

Agreed.

Watching my troops climb a ladder only to get bonked to death because they won't fight on the ladder is slightly annoying.

I've moved to creating;
    • 1 x bettering ram
    • 1 x siege tower
    • 1~4 x catapult (build -> move to reserve so they don't get wrecked)
    The battering ram almost always gets there first, so I can ride through the gates and start causing havoc. The tower/catapults are basically just fodder to make sure the ram gets there, but if they do damage, great.
  4. WisdomPanda

Factions declare war too easily and without logic

I think Warband also had that, it was exceptionally difficult to start your own Kingdom if you were not prepared as you're now a threat to EVERYONE. Nothing unites people like a common enemy.

That's how I played warband; I would take one of the Nord's castles right in the corner of their lands near Tihr, so I could force a fight on my terms. Then I'd slowly start taking castles/towns, actively looking for any recently sieged castles from other warring factions to pounce on.

But yeah, it usually ended with everyone hating me because I didn't level up my "right to rule" score. >_>
  5. WisdomPanda

Factions declare war too easily and without logic

I guess it depends on how quickly your threat level raised?

Having said that, I did get wardec'd by the Nord's when they only had 3 cities left, despite the fact that my settlements are on the other side of the map and they were at war with 2 other nations... so yeah. I'm guessing the AI needs some work.
  6. WisdomPanda

SP - General Taking prisoners is currently pointless

I apologise if this has already been covered. Currently, I'm taking over the Western empire in my most recent play through and one thing that struck me was how utterly useless taking nobles prisoner is. Observations; The money I earn from my fiefs and the battle loot has me rolling in cash...
  7. WisdomPanda

How many children is too much? (Bug?)

Why the hell not?
    You shouldn't be neglecting your wife (and fiefdom).
    I was common for lords to return home as often as possible.

Because it would end with the executioners axe. =/
  8. WisdomPanda

SP - General Female Warlords: Slider Solution

As a long term filthy casual who barely mods, I just want to add my voice to the pile.

It made a cool side of Warband that I could jump through the hoops to build an almost entirely Sword Sister cavalry. (The end goal, of course, being a cavalry charge of 100+ with Ride of the Valkyrie playing.) Likewise, I enjoyed that female companions/warlords were rarer to find and would expend extra effort to obtain them for my Kingdom - likewise, the only time I didn't found my own Kingdom is when I helped the Queen over throw Swadia.

The way it is now is "fine". Like, it's "OK", but it's devoid of the feelings of Warband. It fills me with "meh" when I think about it. Like bland oatmeal kinda meh. "Yeah, it's food, and yeah, I was hungry... but still..."

Ideally, on the subject of women in Bannerlord, I'd love to see;
    - Female specific warrior tree(s) (one for each kingdom? Noble/commoner? Regardless, should not be easy to get)
    - A Reduction in female Warlords on the field to start with (Make them rarer, thus more desirable)
    - An increase in their perceived struggle (In Warband, you could really see the whole "Tools for marriage" side of things.)
    - Additional quests to aid in their struggles (If she is being married unwillingly [for example], and your relationship is high, flag a quest for help)
    - Ability to convince a Noble woman to become a Warlord (should be easier if you're a female PC)
    - More violent/war like Maidens of the battlefield. (Some of them seem like they are just there for the Tea)
    - Make stay at home wives more useful (Maybe this is just me, but they don't -do- anything beside baby making yet, do they? If they do, disregard!)

If I had to not give up on one thing, it'd be the female troop lines. But only if the pose a challenge - I have no interest in just being given female warriors.
Back
Top Bottom