Recent content by Wilm0chimp

1. Been playing for a while and need some advice

Caba`drin said:
    Wilm0chimp said:
    So should the lord gradually recruit more troops and fill the garrison up? I swear one of my castles (one of my vassals castles actually) has been on 70 men damn near the entire game. The idiot just wont put any more damn troops in it.
    Yes, they should. Every 24 hours all walled centers try to hire more troops based on their wealth. For castles, this comes directly from their attached villages.

So each walled centers garrison is based only off of its attached villages + its own wealth, not its lords total wealth (e.g. if I give a lord 50 villages and 1 city, his city woudnt have a garrison of ten bajillion men as a result)?

Im assuming instead that having 50 villages means the lord would be rocking around the map with a 200 strong army of tier 5/6 units assuming he has the time to train them up? Certainly seems to be the case in my game, the poor fiefless lords have ****ty armies of peasants whilst the factions strongest king rolls around with 900+ armies of ultra badasses.

Being king is fun, but sometimes a ballache. I wish I could yell at my lords for being **** and not properly garrisoning their castles.
  2. Been playing for a while and need some advice

So should the lord gradually recruit more troops and fill the garrison up? I swear one of my castles (one of my vassals castles actually) has been on 70 men damn near the entire game. The idiot just wont put any more damn troops in it.

I always make sure my guys have plenty of rent generating lands, but I dunno. Other castles are fine, and gradually build up a semi respectable force (never as good as AI castles though).
  3. AI Lord Personalities - What Do They Do?

Do AI lords holding feasts improve their relations with other AI lords? Does granting fiefs to a lord decrease that lords relation with other lords?

I have quite a mish mash of lords from various kingdoms, and the early joiners all seem to be allies now, with my first couple of lords having the most friends - I assume this is because they have had castles the longest and held the most feasts.

Its still a bit of a ballache getting my marshall to call in all my banners, well over half dont seem to ever bother responding despite being all similar personality types. I guess they need more feasts..
  4. Been playing for a while and need some advice

Anyone having a problem with fief garrisons? Sometimes I give a lord a castle, clear out the garrison, and he stocks it up to a reasonable level. Othertimes lords will just leave their castle virtually undefended, with like 10 troops (so it gets sieged ****ing constantly and ruins my marshalls campaigns).
  5. Been playing for a while and need some advice

Horses.  Ive no idea how the actual mechanics behind relations work, but I literally just spammed horse gifts to the Rhodoks until my relation was high enough for them to accept trade agreements. Accepting trade agreements gives a big relationship boost, and eventually they accepted a defensive pact which shot me up to 100 with them. Its been there ever since, and any time i want to renew my defensive pact they accept.

I think two things were critical - one was that I owned no land of theirs, giving them no reason to declare war on me or generally not be friends. Two was that because I hadnt pissed them off, I was able to slowly build up relations with them. With every other faction they declared war on me to regain land, which ruins your relationship with them and resets it to 0 when you make peace.
  6. Been playing for a while and need some advice

Caba`drin said:
    Astasia said:
    Eventually everyone will declare war on you regardless of your right to rule, relationships, or strength (just like they constantly declare war on each other randomly)
    ...unless you push through some treaties and alliances, of course. Definitely possible to form lasting peaceful relations with the tools of the Diplomacy mod at your disposal.

The Rhodoks may own half the map but they love the **** out of me, even when I form a defensive pact with them and then incite other kingdoms to declare war on me/us, and then try and make peace as soon as possible.

To be fair they deserve it for being so damn strong.
  7. Been playing for a while and need some advice

Im not sure, but if you tell your men to hold position, I think they will push the siege engine for a bit but once it gets too far, they will want to move back to where you told everyone to wait. If you dont give your men any orders, most of them should stay at the back whilst a few move up to push the engine (3 either side) and they should replace each other as they get shot dead by archers.

Id recommend getting more money, and a higher honor rating. Honor makes honorable lords like you automatically (you dont need to grind quests for each lord), and those are the types you want joining your kingdom. You want to buy land in cities near to where you will start your empire. Whichever faction you take land from WILL attack you over and over to get it back, even if you thrash them and they sue for peace. They will rebuild, retrain, and come at you again. You will need hundreds of thousands of denars to pay for peace treaties to end wars quickly (sometimes you will be at war, and two other factions decide to dogpile in on you as well), and the only way to get that kind of money is from owning hundreds of acres of land.

Work on getting recognition as king from every faction leader, not doing so means you cannot form trade agreements or defensive pacts with them. Strong factions never seem to accept you even if you have 99+ RTR, however they will IF you are at war with a faction they are also at war with. Ive delcared war just to get that recognition, and made peace straight after.

Dont accept any random nobles that decide to defect to your cause. The majority will be bad personality types (quarrelsome, debauched etc) that have loyalty only to themselves and get on with noone. I periodically check what available lords want to join me, accept them, get my chancellor to explain their personality type, and then reload and pick only the martial type lords. They are decent and proactive in fights but are honorable.

Your kingdom needs time for its lords to get to know each other by holding feasts, at the start most lords wont know each other and wont be friends, so they wont help out in campaigns. You want peace as much as possible to allow lords to hold feasts and improve kingdom unity, picking honorable lords helps here loads.
  8. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

jarlaxle1985 said:
    At any rate, are the Freelancer units any good? Does anybody use them extensively?

Not really sure if they are any better or worse than units of equivalent tiers. Choosing their gear is useful and its nice to have any army of guys wearing your house sigil thing. Ive trained them up as archers, but swadian self bowmen are quicker to train and seem to be better. Ive trained them up as spearmen wielding halberds, and they seem alright but they cant brace spears for whatever reason (not sure if ive worked out how to do that properly anyway).

Cant vouch for them as cavalry or swordsmen since ive not tried them out. Picking up 15 recruits every few days is generally worth it though I reckon, since my recruiters constantly die to bandit parties.
  9. Your Domestic Policies?

The only one I have tampered with is Decentralisation - it gives you +3 lord relationship every month which is INCREDIBLY useful, to the point that running an empire without it would be impossible unless you feasted the **** out of them constantly. The tax ineff. is so minor if you only have one city as a fief that I barely notice.

Not sure about any of the other sliders.
  10. Constant war, obessive kings, and infinite troops

krisslanza said:
    Lords armies in Floris are slightly different I think. While in most mods it should be directly tied to their wealth, I think Floris also has them modified by your level. Basically, as you level up, their armies get larger and larger to keep the game challenging.

Also odds are everyone is warring you because of your Right to Rule - if it's low (I hear less then 50 or 60 is 'low') they really don't need a good reason to go to war with you.

My RTR has been 99 for ages, I assume its capped at that?

Factions seems to war over obessive claims to territory that were theirs literally hundreds of days ago. The nords are STILL attacking me because of samarra castle, Ragnar wont accept peace unless I give him Samarra castle (unless im devastating his buttocks), and the castle in question is in the middle of the sarranid desert.

Meanwhile the Rhodoks own 50% of the map, and the remaining factions insist on bickering with each other / attacking me instead of teaming up and sorting out the real threat.

Idiots!
  11. Constant war, obessive kings, and infinite troops

In my current game, I have my own kingdom and about 3 cities with 7 or 8 lords. All is well, except for the fact the AI wont leave me the **** alone. Constant, non stop war declarations, both on me and on each other. For example King Ragnar keeps declaring war on me on the justification that he...
  12. Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.52]

Ok ive emailed it to that address, can you let me know if you got it, if not I can resend.

Its the same bug as before afaik, none of my lords obey my marshall summons and they all say the marshall is indisposed, and the character report has a 600 day old report about me being a prisoner of the rhodoks (from when I served in a swadian army, probably the kings, which was defeated).
  13. Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.52]

Im still having the freelancer still a prisoner lords dont listen to me as marshall bug, from a clean start in 2.52.

Do you guys need a save game to look at or is there anything I can do to fix it?
  14. What happend to Warband gamers?

Tor4ok said:
    what happened? warband is becoming a game for Lineage2-fans and stupid schoolboys. no tactic, no teamplay, no fun (for me) and stupid cRPG-mod everywhere. ah, u like it isnt u? teamplay is present only in small battles. IG, AD, POM and others dont want to join in 1 server for differrent stupid reasons. (but those reasons doesnt work on siege servers and cRPG servers...) so I HATE THIS GAME

People get bored.

Personally, native battles are actually pretty damn dull, and its the same thing every round. cRPG is incredibly popular for a reason you know, and its regularly a case of 60 vs 60 man shieldwalls going at it.
  15. Kick should be changed, in 1.130 it's useless, sign here

Used said:
    Wilm0chimp said:
    The only way to consistantly avoid being kicked is to backpedal near constantly

False, just because that's the only way you can avoid it doesn't mean it's the only way. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Do enlighten me.
Back
Top Bottom