Recent content by Valkirah

1. A way to increase companions renown?

DerHerbst said:
    Can you possibly just edit their character text files in the Mount&Blade folder usually found in My Documents?  I'm in the library and away from my home PC so I can't check it right now but i think you can just edit their individual files using notepad.  I'll check when I get home.

Renown is not included in character export.
  2. Recruiting lords is driving me nuts :O

I was also getting frustrated so I enabled the cheat menu (Camp -> Take an action) and it provides debugging info as you attempt to recruit.

What I found interesting is that in situations like many of you describe above (high relation/high honor/high renown) there is still a random roll made against a % chance of recruiting.  The highest chance of recruiting I have seen yet is like 40-50%, so still only 1-in-2 chance.  Often times it is much lower, like 10% chance.  Sometimes it is 0% or even negative chance.

I completely wiped out Mumain, took their king hostage, had high pre-existing relations with all Mumain lords, and still could not recruit them until I took a look at cheat menu to see what was going on.  Since cheat menu also allows you to reseed intrigue I decided that if a lord has greater than 40% chance I would just keep re-rolling until it succeeded.  Makes no sense otherwise because you'll never get lords.

And I have like 1 city and 3 towers just waiting to hand out.

Val
  3. BUG Reports v 1.37 (Read first page before post)

Aernuss said:
    I started a new game on 1.37 and still no villagers. Is it happening just to me?

I patched 1.36 to 1.37 and no longer have the villager bug, even with a 1.36 save game.  It seems fine to me.

I'm playing 1.35 full -> patch 1.36 -> hotfix 1.36 -> patch 1.37 and so far no villager bug for me.

Val
  4. news 1.37 Release 28/08/2011

Adorno said:
    Slight mistake there. The link to the patch is this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/i4V3ZKRb/brytenwalda137.html

Notice it should say 137.html

Perfect, thanks!
  5. news 1.37 Release 28/08/2011

Downloaded the 1.36-to-1.37 patch and the opening splash screen still reads "1.36" just FYI.

Val
  6. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

Treble said:
    Vympel said:
    Treble said:
    When loading up i get this error

Unable to open file: Modules\.\Resource\textures_face_gen_brf

Anyone know how to fix this or is it just a simple re-install?

Thanks in advance, treble.

Wont work with Brytenwalda 1336 , if that's what your installing on top of .
    I installed it from the link in this page, no idea what Brytenwalda 1336 is :smile:, what could i do to make it work..:sad:

If i could get a link directly it might help!

This is a Brytenwalda sub-mod, so you install on top of Brytenwalda.  If you don't know what Brytenwalda is... please take a look around and read some of the threads, because that's where you currently are reading.

Cheers,
      Val
  7. Founding your own Kingdom in Brytenwalda.

Also if you want to marry, which raises right to rule and makes sense from an RP standpoint, you need to vassal with another King.

I like to roleplay my char so I usually vassal with a King, get a wife, and then begin taking castles/cities until I get refused... at which point I renounce and keep all of my holdings (and associated villages).  I also begin to recruit the lords I made friends with.

Just don't execute the king... that's a mistake I won't make again!
  8. BUG Reports v 1.36 (Read first page before post)

motomataru said:
    Try installing this puppy in the mod folder:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8432316/simple_triggers.txt

Great news!  Thank you!
  9. Missing Villagers - fixed, see first post!

Idibil said:
    JorgoPimp said:
    When can we expect the fix to come?

If all is right, we will add it with freelancer update patch for fans this/next week

If it is a fix that we can do ourselves, could someone please publish it?  I don't mind doing a manual edit if I have to.
  10. BUG Reports v 1.36 (Read first page before post)

Has anyone found a fix or work-around for the villagers bug?  Unfortunately this bug shatters the entire economy making a long-term game unplayable.
  11. BUG Reports v 1.36 (Read first page before post)

motomataru said:
    Stein said:
    Bratislav said:
    3) i dint see any villagers parties on the map... Is that normal? How are villages trading then...

#3 Is a critical issue if villages are not trading goods with their towns, hopefully we can get a response to this soon.
    Argh! It's the same problem as last version's recruitment bug. I didn't check to see if there were other instances (there are three others). Sorry 'bout that guys...

Is there an edit that we can perform that corrects this issue?  Or do we need to wait for a hotfix/patch?

Thanks very much,
    Cheers,
      Val
  12. Missing Villagers - fixed, see first post!

Idibil said:
    Hi

I have few freetime this days. And I cannt look into at this problem

However, Motomataru (thanks Motomataru) have work into at it and I think he fixed this.

Thank you very much for the update Idibil.  I realize that everyone has a real life, and that this mod is just something that you do in your free time.  Your hard work is really appreciated!

I remain hopeful that a hotfix is coming soon!

Cheers,
      Val
  13. BUG Reports v 1.36 (Read first page before post)

George Orwell said:
    2) villagers disappear on the world map within a few days and all economic activity halts because of it.  This cripples the game completely.

Has anyone found any work-arounds at all?  Since this is such a core game mechanic I can't help but wonder if something got turned off somewhere that just needs to be turned back on... allow_villagers_return_home* = 1 instead of 0 or something.

*disclaimer: I made this up, it's not a real variable
  14. Spies

Cool information I didn't know any of this, thanks!

Val
  15. Missing Villagers - fixed, see first post!

DerHerbst said:
    Yeah this bug is a big game breaker but i've been playing on anyway.  The game is great despite the bugs and I'm glad that I can still at least play.  I figure I used to make like 6-9,000/week in trade/loot/fief rents so every week I just go into my inventory screen and hit ctrl+x 9 times  :lol:  It's not the most fun way to play but at least you can afford to campaign on a large scale.  I'm glad to hear that the team is working on a fix for this.  Hopefully it will be here soon!

Yeah at this point I'm tempted to do the same... the only problem is that the longer the game goes, the more pronounced the effects become.  I played a game to 200+ days and it was if every village and town became a wasteland of despair.  It dramatically affects the army sizes of NPC lords.  The entire economy comes crashing down.  Sure I can cheat myself some coins... but then it's no longer a fair game.

Hoping for an easy fix that comes soon.
    Val
Back
Top Bottom