Recent content by SnakeBae

1. A fix I had in mind to the ramboing issues

I think everyone hates ramboes (except for cav players who go rambo themselves ofc) but the solutions i had seen, like tether distances or an autokick dont really sound that effective. What I had in mind was a morale system, similar to the one in singleplayer but a bit more different. I'll...
  2. Resolved Random crashes and huge lag from nowhere (Singleplayer)

The game has a lot of issues on its own and trying to play on Linux is bound to create some problems.

The only thing I can think of is that the Zoom install you've done might have messed something up with kernel, but a GPU driver reinstall should have fixed that.

I suggest finding some random HDD lying around, or use a Virtual Machine to see how the game behaves on a fresh install.

Also are any other games affected? That would narrow it down a bit.

I don't use linux right now, so I also suggest checking out different Proton versions and look for if anything changes.

I'm sad to admit I'm not a professional or really knowledgable about this stuff, so I might not be able to help you too much.
  3. Resolved Does "disallow ranged" work?

I thought you were hosting a multiplayer server with other people so I thought you could just make it a rule and ban people who used it, since you didn't specify bots. But yeah, bots arent coded to abide by the server rules, at least not the disallow ranged rule. Sadly, I couldn't find any mods that can circumvent this, for now I guess your only option is to use shields.

I doubt devs would fix that option to include bots since the game is so old and all the developer time is being spent on the new game. And yeah, because of the same reason there aren't many people visiting the forums either.
  4. Resolved Does "disallow ranged" work?

I don't really understand why you need that option as you said you hosted the game, but yes it does indeed work for me.
  5. In Progress Multiplayer - Extreme Lag Ever Since New (better) Router, but No Problems with FPS or Ping

So I used to be able to play multiplayer perfectly, until two weeks ago when I got a new router. The router itself is way better than the old one, which was overheating and causing ping spikes in connection since it was like ancient, and with the new one I am able to play every game I have with...
Back
Top Bottom