Recent content by Ruben Thomas

1. Ruben Thomas

Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

pmaldw said:
    I've had battles where my allies end up with 20-30 troops and 200-300 prisoners, and then a second later they have ~200 troops and 0 prisoners. Is this a bug or some game mechanic?

I haven't seen this with my allies, but I have seen it with neutral Manhunters.

In my current game I have a 900+ troop strong manhunter party chilling and patrolling near Jelkala/Yalen. They regularly have over 500 prisoners and then suddenly I'll swing by because my villages are all in that area and their prisoners will be gone and their party is equally stronger. Lots of C7, I7, A7, H7... So tempting to take them out when they're fighting a bandit group, but I play as a good guy so  :sad:
  2. Ruben Thomas

Casualties

Completely agree, what Nemeth said seemed perfectly reasonable to me.

He's also plays a great Skarner if I'm not mistaken hehe  :smile:
  3. Ruben Thomas

Player upgrading goes too fast.

On day 29, if I remember correctly, I was upgraded to Huscarl. I'm also playing Freelancer 1.3 on 1.143. It should be said though, that I got an obscene amount of kills almost every single battle during those 29 days, so that may be why. I was way above level 2 when I got promoted for the last time.
  4. Ruben Thomas

If you ask your liege to retire, do you keep your gear?

Very simple question, it's in the title, but I'll repeat it. If I ask my liege, for example King Ragnar to retire from service to him do I lose all the Huscarl gear? I lost a battle while I was a soldier in King Ragnar's party and then escaped, and my overworld map icon guy changed from a man...
  5. Ruben Thomas

Diplomacy 3.3.2+: Allow fief trading & other improvements (updated 2011-06-15)

zParsifal said:
    Gimmick Account said:
    Just asking, can we expect a new release shortly, or are you building up for something that's more than just a bunch of fixes? I'm thinking about starting a new game, so a confirmation/denial would be rather helpful!

For the next release I want to be able to include at least one thing that isn't just a fix.  In any case, though, it shouldn't matter for starting new games.  Every new release will remain compatible with saved games from Native and with saved games from previous versions.

Thanks for that information zParsifal, and thanks for your continued support of Mount & Blade: Warband, I'm really grateful.
  6. Ruben Thomas

New changelog is pretty awesome! I especially like being able to marry a claimant, auto loot and auto sell. Thank you zParsifal! :smile:
  7. Ruben Thomas

Installing the Patch for Diplomacy

Vrael_ said:
    I have a problem;

I can't open the file. When I'm trying, it says "Windows don't know what program it will use to open this file (.RAR".

What program do you use? Do I have to download a program?

Please answer asap.

http://www.7-zip.org/
  8. Ruben Thomas

new opition in game?

zParsifal said:
    Other ideas that I haven't done any work on

- Offering pardons to specific lords in exile as a liege.
    - As a vassal, trying to convince your liege to take back a lord who he kicked out.

That would be pretty sweet!
  9. Ruben Thomas

Infidelity! :o!

zParsifal said:
    This does seem like an interesting idea.

I'll add it to the long list of things I might like to take a look at sometime.  That's a very long list, though, and it seems like there are lots of bits that this would involve.  If someone made a list of every specific thing they think should be added for this (which options should appear in which conversations, etc.), I'd be more likely to add it some time soon.

If standing with a married lady above a certain threshold, add conversation option with said lady similar to an unmarried lady's "I must confess I am your greatest admirer.", something like "With so many wholesome ladies in the realm, how horrible is it not that the most beautiful of them all is already taken by a lesser man." yes I know I'm not a writer so, I'm sure you can come up with something far better.

Afterwards, start the same courting sessions as with an unmarried lady, she sends word for you to come visit her, or you go visit her yourself. Obviously if the housband is present when you personally chose to visit her as opposed to getting an invitation from her she'll deny knowledge of you and there won't be a meeting, possibly -relationship with her or her housband or both. You can probably use the same code as when visiting an umarried lady without consent from her father.

So you either get an invitation and get smuggled inside to her like usual, or you enter the castle while her housband is away, either way you end up with the same meeting as with an unmarried lady. However, the poetry thing won't really work in my opinion, she's already gone through that with her first housband and she's not going to leave her housband for another man with all the risks involved because he can read some poems she's already heard before. Instead you have to prove why you're a better man for her than her current housband, you can use the same poetry code however.

Here's my suggestion for that part. Ladies have four personalities right, romantic, combatative, moral and political, and that's what the poems play on. However instead of poems you'll be using "boasts" so to speak. Just like unmarried ladies have particular tastes in poetry based on their personality, married ladies will have particular needs from a man before she'll decide to abandon her current housband for him.

Here are my suggestions for conversation options instead of the poems (again I apologize for the writing):

My lady, in all the land of Calridia there is nary a knight as frank and upstanding as I, the peasants and serfs all smile at me wherever I go and I am lax to deny any man the honors of war. (You get this option if your honor rating is higher than her housband's. This will impress a lady with a moral personality.)

All who stand before me tremble in fear or have their eyes bound to me in admiration, thousands of worthy foes have fallen to their knees before me or felt the blow of my sword, there is no warrior greater than I. (You get this option if your renown is higher than her housband's. This will impress a lady with a combatative personality.)

I can ride for hours among the fields and never see the end of my domain, hundreds of serfs toil at my command and will serve you well my lady, all the lords of the realm watch my holdings with jealousy and awe. (You get this option if you have more fiefs than her housband. This will impress a lady with a political personality.)

Your eyes will never drift from me for my form is like that of a god, never has a lady left my bed without falling unwillingly asleep, exhausted and satisfied. I will shield you from harm like no other man could. (I'm not sure what the criteria should be for this option, maybe how many female heroes you've had in your party? Or maybe you just get it for free as a roleplay thing. Either way this will impress a lady with a romantic personality.)

Obviously you won't need to have the standard renown code that is in place with unmarried ladies, because married ladies will never have another suitor for you to compete with, instead you'll "compete" with her housband in the clandestine meetings with her.

Now if you get caught while being smuggled in to the castle to see her, there should be a big controversy gain from it, possibly barring you from seeing her until your controversy goes down again?

If you manage to convince the married lady you are indeed a better man than her housband through the clandestine meetings, she'll leave her housband for you, you'll get a large -relation with her family and her former housband. Additionally you'll have to duel her now pissed off housband who wants to regain his honor, if you deny him the duel you gain controversy and -relation with the other lords in the kingdom who don't like the idea of any old lord coming and stealing their wife. If you duel him and loose, you gain controversy and the lady returns to her former housband as her faith in her former housband is renewed by him proving how much he cares for her (or his honor) and beating the crap out of you. If you duel him and win, you gain controversy, but don't lose relation with the other lords of the realm as they are impressed by your bravado, vigor and outright boldness and you keep your new wife.

That's my take on some of it anyway :smile: Really cool that you're considering adding this!
  10. Ruben Thomas

zParsifal said:
    Ruben Thomas said:
    zParsifal said:
    Experimental options (still in development, may not work at all)
    • Allow lords to eventually return from exile, either pardoned by an NPC king or seeking a pardon from the player.  This option is OFF by default (added 2011-04-03).

This is easily my most wanted feature in my game, it would essentially fix my largest gripe with Mount and Blade overall, I'm wondering though; will ladies return from exile as well?

If they followed a lord into exile, they will come back with him.

As a slight update, my video card burned out, which is minorly irritating, and will cause a delay until a replacement arrives.

That's wonderful! Thank you :smile:
  11. Ruben Thomas

Cossack secert stash of money

Yeah those Cream Candidates are pretty tough :smile:
  12. Ruben Thomas

zParsifal said:
    Experimental options (still in development, may not work at all)
    • Allow lords to eventually return from exile, either pardoned by an NPC king or seeking a pardon from the player.  This option is OFF by default (added 2011-04-03).

This is easily my most wanted feature in my game, it would essentially fix my largest gripe with Mount and Blade overall, I'm wondering though; will ladies return from exile as well?
  13. Ruben Thomas

Companion Disappeared.....

Papageno said:
    I had Fatima as a companion and I sent her to school at an Academy, and suddenly she's not in my party anymore.  Does she show up later somewhere?  I asked a traveler and she wasn't listed.

You sent her to the academy for training, so she left your party to do that, once she's finished with her studies she'll automatically come back to your party :smile:
  14. Ruben Thomas

Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword features you'd like to see in Mount & Blade 2

wannyboy said:
    -I love being able to fortify yourself in the field (wagon fortress) but should take some time

I agree! That is a neat feature, lets you really turn the tides against a superior force that could have otherwise done severe damage to you... if you remember to use it of course :razz:

wannyboy said:
    But overall, i think i love warband features more, srr :sad:

Nothing to be sorry about, I prefer Mount & Blade: Warband too, but that doesn't mean there aren't good things in Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword that could hopefully carry over to the next game :smile:

Comrade Temuzu said:
    Ive noticed that in WFaS the AI with horses and ranged weapons acts like its supposed to, aka. Circles around the enemy. I hope it stays in.

Good point!

Goudewup said:
    Trading caravans.

Yes, a very cool thing to be able to do absolutely :smile:
  15. Ruben Thomas

Trading Manual or something

Senior Jarl Raven said:
    great, but ruben allready told me what I need :smile:. But thanks anyway, I will read it. :cool:

Aw you are so nice :smile: I'm really happy you liked my advice :smile:
Back
Top Bottom