Recent content by robbyg

1. robbyg

Sword of Dispair

I've nearly conquered calradia, just Vaegirs to go and I should have plenty of time to quest so Ima try to see if I can find the sword of despair, if it exists.
  2. robbyg

Is there a chance for a tiny little patch against the university bug?

You recruit lords from Camp Menu?

Do you mean the lords who start off in the "Neutral" faction?
  3. robbyg

Banditry

If you want tips for banditry I have plenty of those.

My newest trick is forcing my own villages to give me items. If i could loot/burn them I would too!
  4. robbyg

and everything is breaking apart..

The entire map should be yours. All the villages should tremble at your name, and fear your "extra taxes" (forcing them to give you supplies). All lords should bow to you and Calradia should be at your command!
  5. robbyg

A request regarding mod install

I know what you're talking about.

You just want to know how to edit the file so they show up in the shops basically.

If you add items but don't edit the right file they won't show up in shops.

Try and search for "How to add items to shops in warband".

Id do it for you now but im pressed for time.
  6. robbyg

Intelligent Combat (IC) A book by Danate

I have to say i'm pretty much a rambo in many respects. I try to organise pub teams sometimes and sometimes it works but often it doesn't.

As far as fighting I take the approach of "kill the enemy in the fastest way possible".

Whether that's attacking unprotected/unaware backs, gang banging, flanking etc.

I'm at my happiest when an opponent drops his weapon and doesn't try to block so I can kill them quickly.

Knowing when a fight is going to take a long time is when you break off and attack others, and then hope to catch the original opponent unaware, some seconds later.

If an enemy is attacking a team mate close to you, attack them just before they go for your team mate and you should get a hit in.

If you're 2v1 then use a different attack direction to your team mate. If they're using a spear/shield then you can guarantee they are going for a stab, so you can choose any of the other 3.

In public siege, most players will go for a right swing attack, and following on from that most players will switch to right swing block as soon as they've attacked. You can counter this by not always using right swing attack :wink:
  7. robbyg

Just Realized

Johan_Stormcloak said:
    I found out recently that you could speed up time by holding ctrl+space.

Was it by reading this thread?  :grin:
  8. robbyg

Villages stopped giving me troops

There will be save games called "old save" or something like that. You can try renaming them to one of your normal save files and see if it works?

Back up your saves before you do this anyway.
  9. robbyg

Melee: Battlegrounds Kickstarter (by cRPG devs) - UPDATED THREAD!

Backed it. I finally (hopefully) gave some money to the crpg team! I hope the game is as successful as the mod.
  10. robbyg

How famous is the above player?

Judging by some topics, very?
  11. robbyg

NATIVE remember when thread

Remeber the 22nd battle server that was the first to have 100+ players or something I think? I remember playing as vaegirs vs khergits and we all had to go cav to even have a chance of surviving on those big plain maps.
  12. robbyg

Vanilla SoD vs Warband SoD

This was asked a year ago but in case anyone else reads it:

It depends on the experience you're looking for.

Warband SoD is slower paced - you can take as long as you want to create your empire and of course it benefits from the newer engine. Other differences include the ability to improve any weapons/armour at the blacksmith (using denars/tools/iron), a cool duelling system (in and outside of battles) and a MASSIVE map. Every time i play warlords I know that im never gonna play long enough to conquer the map.

The M&B version is better for me. I like knowing that in around 1 game year a big ass army is coming to fight me. The map is a decent size. There's lots of features and awesome factions. There's even an "undead army" variant.
  13. robbyg

Been putting this off for way too long. [HELP?]

It DOES feel good to conquer legit, huh?

You can upgrade your items in SoD (sword of damocles). You just need iron/tools and money and a town/castle with a blacksmith (you dont have to own it).

In the original M&B version, you can send out honour troops to recover lost artifacts - and you will get a ful set of kingly gear depending on what faction you chose.
Back
Top Bottom