Recent content by reza

1. reza

General History Questions thread

hey guys, i've got a few curious question about history of SEA. i know there are probably are not much of a SEA historian here, but i'll give it a shot.

keep in mind i'm talking about more of an indonesian classic history here, that is about 7ad to 13ad. in the HIndu-Buddhist kingdom period. which influenced heavily by India. but some of my point might be applicable to SEA at the time

okay, so about hot climates, i understand we build our building as it was (full of open structures) with the woods and the open structures, but we at least had walls to defend an area, now, i remember that one candi (temple) that has a wall looking figure (its in the book "Candi Seri Jawa" forgot to bookmark the page) my question is, wall, is pretty important, so surely they made it with stones instead of woods? but why the lack of wall's remain discoveries?

and my second question is, i had this idea in my head, by reading some of the inscription, and just by reading everything in general, that land warfare in classical period is pretty chill, by that, i mean, no large scale battle such as Battle Of Cannae with 80,000+ men involved, that conclusion came from my thought that literally all they talk about is just religious tales, religious ceremonies, family trees, and achievement with some of the fabric thin war tales in between them, i remember reading one inscription about the kings achievement and the only war achievement that is there is just "for they had win against kingdom of wengker" or something close to that line. Point is, since the very start of our history, our people is used to guerrilla warfare, and no long campaign such as Alexander or Hannibal, this is because there isn't anything much worth fighting over inland, except for influence, so you can monopolize the shore, where the money's at. would that be the right conclusion? what's your take in inland warfare?

Third, so i found this image of kris handle depicting raksasa in an armor from majapahit era, my question is, is this the kind of armor they used? and also, i already knew that the use of armor in indonesia is fairly common (for the upper class at least), but why rarely did the carving, or statues depict any armor at all? finally why is the discovery of armor remains are virtually non existent? beside waju rante thing of 18 ad

now why i didn't ask this in my local platform instead? well, i did, and you have to know that the amount of pseudo history our general public had is.. insane. so my question somehow got turned into religious debate. so im asking you guys, which i consider professional.

also, do you guys have any other recommendation where i can ask such question? sorry for my bad english!
  2. reza

SP Fantasy [WB] Seng Neng Kene: Low Fantasy Nusantara Ancient Kingdom [update 10 june]

well i've been trough a lot but the main thing that hindered me to complete this mod is my lack of time to do any study on the programming side of thing because i  am too busy handling college at the moment, that said, i still actively researching the period of this mod, and wish to revive this universe whether trough this mod or other mean. if you wanna the module system and wish to continue this project feel free to shoot me a PM
  3. reza

When i said about destructive manner, i was referencing to current/more modern people of indonesia who at a time was very much indifferent and or right up “decline” any aspect of ancient culture because of slowly yet steadily westernization by the colonist, and the rise of a certain religion that naturally are opposed many aspects of Ancient Nusantara

I never reference the people of my beloved country as monkey who cant write stuff.
    I said its the foreigner that sparks interest of a long time forgotten topic that actually very important, very important that the notion of majapahit was used as a uniting reason of this thousands of island archiepalago

And im not saying that we should blatantly believe only the foreign source as a cut clear identifier of our own history.
    Im saying study that available currently are mostly from foreign sources, and many of our knowledge came from them, and While i understand why you feel skeptic by basing our identitiy solely on foreign source, Declining all foreign sources to base our identity is not a completely good thing either

Thats the vibe im getting by your posts anyway, like that waju rante thing you posted that you presented to me as an armor of 4ad was actually an 18th century armor.

So its clear that our point of agreement here is that obviously we the people of United Country Of Indonesia should study more of our own history.

Because the way it is now, is very very vague and biased, in all era. Like that time when we ignore that hindu buddism states is living together with local states. That in Java homosexuality is a mundane thing, that whole BERSIAP era where its a massacre **** show, and dont get me started on the commie massacre and all the atrocities bung tomo did on the so called “hero’s day”

I wont provide above source for you because you can definitely find them online

So its clear that our point of agreement here is that obviously we the people of United Country Of Indonesia should study more of our own history.
  4. reza

well first of all im asking a question there so how can you disagree

and second of all if my memory being right, based by George Coedes book's of Indianization of Southeast Asia, it seems like indeed our civilization are kinda late in term of technology, while other nation had reached iron age. our pre-indian civ never reached that age, and skipped right into Indianized state nation when those refugees from south india came into our coast, boosting an already flowing of Indian Immigation to Nusantara, and mind you im talking about 4 ad nusantara here, i never saw any source that depicts armor of ayutthaya and vietnam or etc at that era either, so fighting armorless i think is totally possible. if you're talking about 12th-14th centuries armor then it would be of different topic. and the following is not based on any actual fact, but i think the way you think that colonializer tried to degrade our history is rather funny, because if anything, its the foreigner that discovers all these ancient things that our country are priding upon, if they never existed, i doubted that we'd know what majapahit even is, with our people destroying every statues and things the falesly judge as mystics and idolous. and by that empire you mention, it aint even clear by of which form of empire Sriwijaya and Majapahit really is, afaik we dont know the relation between the main state and the vassal state, even Sriwijaya couldn't careless about the mainland, they just want to guard them ports. and battle account are often after the fact from the winning side. detailed battle accounts afaik are very, very scarce.
  5. reza

hmm i see, so there is no way to know the form of these civilization everyday building eh? like their villager house/hut, or their rich people houses
  6. reza

how come all surviving architecture from hindu buddha era in SEA are all temples? where are the houses? walls? palaces?
  7. reza

Tutorial Compability

so on my 1.7 warband in lav .16 mod sys, can i follow earlier mod sys tutorial? cause i feel like thats not the case as i was trying to insert outpost mod but doesnt seem to work, nor a note mod nor everything else
  8. reza

quick question:

in the jambu inscription, which is a legacy of Tarumanegara, which is an Indian culture kingdom of 4 ad
    there was something written as follows:

Dashing, admirable and honest about his task is the peerless human leader known to Sri Purnawarman who once (ruled) at Taruma and whose famous armor is not penetrated by enemy weapons.

armor. never in any other statues or reliefs of indian culture, or atleast, indonesian indian culture did they depict any armors. it was always barechest, maybe a necklace or some kind of fancy glittering ornament, but i never saw where ones depict armor from that era.

my question, is what they ment by armour? did they call those ornament armour? or there is indeed an armour from that era that i happen to be have not stumbled yet? if thats the case, could you bring example? thanks in advance.
  9. reza

(Rephrased) How to spawn bots in battle?

couldn't you just set the bot number in administration panel?
  10. reza

Modders' Interviews | Get inspired by Greats and Legends!

please do an interview with the man that created gekokujo, would be intersting to see his prespective on developing mod from basically a single man army
  11. reza

SP Fantasy [WB] Seng Neng Kene: Low Fantasy Nusantara Ancient Kingdom [update 10 june]

13 JUNE 2018 -- WEAPONRY

h-X5m.png

--WEAPON TIER--
    the way weapon works in the mod, are also defined by tier, as disccussed before, each faction have 3 different troops, village troop(low tier), castle troop(middle tier) and town troop(high tier), now each faction village troop could be upgraded from level 1 up to level 3 (usual upgrade), but with each faction specialization i.e Masanjaya specialization is : spear, a village troop level , or "sakti" could held a tier 3 spear, whereas every other village troop on anyother faction could only hold a maximal of tier1 weapon (sometime tier2) of spear weapon, this system wont be visible in the game but it will be visible from the mesh name on the brf with suffix of -tn with n being the tier.

--WEAPON TWEAK--
    also, there is a little bit tweaking on short ranged weapon like Che Loo Ryt or Krys, Tri Su La and any other short ranged, im going to make them like crazy fast in exchange of that short range they have, crazy fast, and also cut deep, this idea came from a mod by Raisya team Suvarnhabhumi Mahayuth, who had the Krys speed stat up to 171, i feel like this is necessary for the design to encourage player a different way of combat, would you rather have an unreadable cut speed or would you play safe?

--WEAPON NAMES--
    the way i spell the weapon names in this mod are going to be totally inacurrate, its because im aiming for the international player to remember the names and read it right by pronunciation i.e: Ka Pac is actually Kapak, Pe Dhang is actually pedang, Tom Bhak is actually Tombak, you get the point, im not trying to insult anybodies culture here, just trying to make it easy to read to international audience

you could also see this log on the reserved OP, thank you.

announcement:
    this project is postponed until further notice, as i said earlier my worktime for this project is on the holiday, but as it turns out, it takes a **** ton of time to do a full conv mod, so my guess is that this is going to be finished 3 years from now, regardless bannerlord has comes out ot not, i will finish this.
  12. reza

SP Native t

is the picture in the blog showing new dual wielding combat system or is the other weapon is just a shiels such in suvarnhabhumi mahayuth?
  13. reza

Is it wise to export my whole scene (building set) as a prop? (performance wise)

So.. Warband in game scene editor.. not my favourite. the way it works is i create a prop, say, a house, and then exports said prop and then arrange it in the scene editor, which feels clunky theorically, i can just arrange my houses on my 3d editor, and then export the whole scene as a single...
  14. reza

How to make armor show body part[SOLVED]

thanks for answering leonion, if thats the case then, how does one handle the difference of head-body skin color if my armor is just going to show one skin color??
Back
Top Bottom