Recent content by rabidbovine

1. rabidbovine

Lords With Unique Army Composition

I have read a few posts detailing certain lords that have an uncommon composition of units, with Caliph Hamid and his merry band of Scorpion Assassins being the one most mentioned. This leads me to wonder- what other lords have this trait? Will they always spawn with that ratio of units after...
  2. rabidbovine

apointing companions as vassals

Remonster6x said:
    rabidbovine said:
    Remonster6x said:
    The companions with noble blood won't give you a relationship hit. You have to figure out which ones are by their back story.

That's a little tough though, since even the one companion that was recommended- Sir Roland- has no mention of being a noble in his background (orphaned, trained by the Order of Dawn, and then abandoned the Order).

Would Adonja count as a noble? Being borne by a Mystmountain Chief doesn't exactly reek of gentility, but her backstory talks of leading men into battle.

I had asked the same question as the OP on an earlier and similar thread, but it was essentially unanswered. Short of hunting down every single companion, assigning them land, then asking a nearby lord about what he feels about the matter, I would very much appreciate any help on the matter.

There is a thread about this. I know Roland and Biadice are. Sara, Jocelyn, Rayne, and Alistair might be. I know Sig is not.

I was on that thread, and had asked the same question. In it, someone had stated that the "Sirs" would be good candidates for vassals, just as you had. I recruited Sir Jocelyn to my group shortly thereafter, and gave him land accordingly. Unfortunately, it triggered the negative reputation hit that you get for giving land to peasants. This is the reason why I am asking again, albeit in a different thread. Maybe someone with the knowledge would be able to share definite and reliable information on which companions are true nobles.
  3. rabidbovine

apointing companions as vassals

Remonster6x said:
    The companions with noble blood won't give you a relationship hit. You have to figure out which ones are by their back story.

That's a little tough though, since even the one companion that was recommended- Sir Roland- has no mention of being a noble in his background (orphaned, trained by the Order of Dawn, and then abandoned the Order).

Would Adonja count as a noble? Being borne by a Mystmountain Chief doesn't exactly reek of gentility, but her backstory talks of leading men into battle.

I had asked the same question as the OP on an earlier and similar thread, but it was essentially unanswered. Short of hunting down every single companion, assigning them land, then asking a nearby lord about what he feels about the matter, I would very much appreciate any help on the matter.
  4. rabidbovine

Giving fiefs to companions question

In most of my games, LordCountJarl Varius Legatusaurus always manages to be my number one fan, no matter which side I allied with or go to war against. Conveniently, Marius Imperator always assigns a castle or village to him near my holdings when I start my kingdom, so he has the passenger side seat on my ride to the top of the mountain (or the bottom of a ditch, whenever I somehow manage to piss off the other factions at the same time).
  5. rabidbovine

Giving fiefs to companions question

Danath said:
    Don't make nobles out of common people (all but the sires, Boadice and Ediz or Kassim), lords don't like that

First post in the forums- looked around for a topic that fits my problem and found this one.

Started my own kingdom after ~400 days and I'm expanding pretty well. I eventually got to the point where I started looking for vassals that I have good relations with, but after reading this post, I decided to find the companions that were not in my group to whom I can extend vassalage upon. Found Boadice pretty quickly, along with Sir Jocelyn. I gave them both a few villages to lord over, but now I have come across a bit of a problem. Every lord I run into can't help but exclaim- in profound melancholy- that I am "nobilizing" the common man (Sir Jocelyn, in this case). This leads to a reputation hit with everyone that I run into, which is starting to be a bit of an annoyance.

Thankfully, I had an earlier save that I have not overwritten (albeit it was pre-rebellion, ~50 days ago) to load back to. My question is, which of our companions are considered noble-status? Boadice went over well, but Jocelyn- even with a Sir as his title- did not inspire the same confidence to other lords.
Back
Top Bottom