apointing companions as vassals

Users who are viewing this thread

bill2505

Squire
what are the best companions to appoint as vassals. i tried adonja but i had a relations decrease  with every other lord. what are the best skill my companion need to have in order to be effective vassals.

i  have seen that  when you make a companion your vassal it changes armor . i want to ask is this happening all the time or if the companion has a crap armor

also a question about engineer  skill. does the game check the number of skill of all member or take the the highest number in acount .for example if i have 10 engineer  skill if i invest in this skill with other companion will it further help me or i dont need to

You always get relation decrease with most lords when you give a fief to any of you lord, so in the late game most lord of your kingdom gonna literally hate you cause of it. I suppose ti's hard part.
As for engineer skill - it's party skill so only the highest number counts, meanwhile - there're some bonus from engineering skill your main character has.
For example - if you have skill 5 - and your companion has 8 - your companion gonna have skill 6 + 2 (from your own skill) and overall party skill gonna be 8.
And if your main character has engineering - it gets bonus for itself as being main character - so when you have 5-7 - you'll get +2 bonus to any party skill (enginering, looting, tactics, etc.) and 8-9 you'll get + 3, and on 10 you'll get +4. So when you'll learn engineering to 8 - your overall skill gonna be 11.
Anyways, I won't advice you to learn engineering except you have other things to learn, since companions lilke Leslie or Ansen can train this skill to max very fast. (If you'll going to spend all their atrribute point into INT).

The companions with noble blood won't give you a relationship hit. You have to figure out which ones are by their back story.

Remonster6x said:
The companions with noble blood won't give you a relationship hit. You have to figure out which ones are by their back story.

That's a little tough though, since even the one companion that was recommended- Sir Roland- has no mention of being a noble in his background (orphaned, trained by the Order of Dawn, and then abandoned the Order).

Would Adonja count as a noble? Being borne by a Mystmountain Chief doesn't exactly reek of gentility, but her backstory talks of leading men into battle.

I had asked the same question as the OP on an earlier and similar thread, but it was essentially unanswered. Short of hunting down every single companion, assigning them land, then asking a nearby lord about what he feels about the matter, I would very much appreciate any help on the matter.

rabidbovine said:
Remonster6x said:

That's a little tough though, since even the one companion that was recommended- Sir Roland- has no mention of being a noble in his background (orphaned, trained by the Order of Dawn, and then abandoned the Order).

Would Adonja count as a noble? Being borne by a Mystmountain Chief doesn't exactly reek of gentility, but her backstory talks of leading men into battle.

I had asked the same question as the OP on an earlier and similar thread, but it was essentially unanswered. Short of hunting down every single companion, assigning them land, then asking a nearby lord about what he feels about the matter, I would very much appreciate any help on the matter.

There is a thread about this. I know Roland and Biadice are. Sara, Jocelyn, Rayne, and Alistair might be. I know Sig is not.

Remonster6x said:
rabidbovine said:
Remonster6x said:

There is a thread about this. I know Roland and Biadice are. Sara, Jocelyn, Rayne, and Alistair might be. I know Sig is not.

I was on that thread, and had asked the same question. In it, someone had stated that the "Sirs" would be good candidates for vassals, just as you had. I recruited Sir Jocelyn to my group shortly thereafter, and gave him land accordingly. Unfortunately, it triggered the negative reputation hit that you get for giving land to peasants. This is the reason why I am asking again, albeit in a different thread. Maybe someone with the knowledge would be able to share definite and reliable information on which companions are true nobles.

I'm gonna bumb this because I would love to know the answer to this too; I'm about to appoint a companion as a vassal and I'd like to know which ones are actually noble.

Sam,

i too would like to know this.

Also

If you make a peasant companion a vassal before you have any of the lords join you, will that avoid the negative affect?

Back
Top Bottom