Recent content by QuickDagger

1. I.R SURRECTUM

I can help with stats balancing if you want, but only after everything else is finished.

Here´s the sample of my work:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=92169.0
  2. Poll - New Factions for the Beta

It is outside the time frame.
  3. The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Isilendis

The Triballi "Thracians" were the first ones using the longer spears and they have fought extensively the Macedonians. Some say they might have the precursors of the sarissas. Philip of Macedon also has lived in Beotia if I remember right and he has lived around with the people who have defeated Spartans at Leuctra, which were the beotian sacred band who has used longer spears also. But that´s, of course, after TPW time frame.

About each faction selling it own equipment, that a great idea and it can be done by editing the weapon files.

The damage system works like that:

weapon damage value + player modifiers = total damage

total damage - ( armor defense value * soak factor) = player damage

Game values are not realistic but they could by editing txt and ini files to meet real life experiments.

Tour Roman propositions seem to be some 400 years away from TPW time frame.
  4. Map lag

That diplomacy mod seems to be very unstable, they change from enemies to allies too often and that does not make sense. I think it is useless and it is the responsible for the massive processing which causes the lag.

What about taking it away from the mod for the sake of huge working map?
  5. Sorry to be irritating, but is this intentional?

Roach is right.

Instead of equipments stats should be similar (although not the same).
  6. The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

I´ve lost my counter...

* Arena fights (not the tournament) take too long to load on my ancient computer. Could the arenas be smaller (just a little bit, say 75% of the actual size) so that it could load a little faster? Maybe Olympia should have a huge one.

* Conquered villages should produce units of your own faction instead of the conquered faction units. You can not hire Spartan Homoioi if you have conquered them. Most often you are supposed to replace the enemy units with your own. I remember this feature was one of the first txt ones back in MB. There should be its script somewhere around.

* You should be able to pick your dead soldiers items after battles, instead of only dead enemy spoil.

* What if you could choose your tournament mode, say you choose sword and shield only, spear and shield only, horseback only, etc, and you could also choose group or individual fighting as well.
  7. Beta Project Development (picture heavy)

Wow!

2 quivers?!
  8. References: Unique Hoplites

This is my reference for the Skiritai.

http://www.spartan-world.de/spartan_sciritae_text.html

I think the pylos helmet would be ok too.

The problem is about their armor. Some historians say they have fought on the left side of the phalanx and that means they might have used some armor, hoplons and spears.

But, some others suggest they had no armor because they have fought like akontistai (javeliners).
    Both Thucydides & Xenophon refer to Sciritae as being more mobile or faster-moving than the main Spartan army. Similarly, coming from a mountainous region, living in villages, not towns or cities, their historic and natural way of fighting would have been tribal in nature as individual skirmishers, not hoplites.

The same article suggests Skiritai might have received some kind or armor at late TPW timeframe due to men shortages, be it to counter the better armored athenians, or to counter the increasing cavalry numbers, or even to equalize with the new Iphicrates armored peltasts.

So, will they have linothoraxes or not?
  9. References: Unique Hoplites

More details about the Lakedemonians shields for each "city'

http://www.koryvantes.org/koryvantes/showEnMeleti.jsp?key=6
  10. The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

You are the one saying naked, not me.
  11. References: Unique Hoplites

It seems Lacedemonians were the inventors of "Army Sdardadization".

They have created the standard lambda shields during TPW (so, after the 300 era, that´s why I hate that umprecise movie) and the first ones to use it seem to have been the Brasidas neodamodeis or liberated slaves.

At the same time, the Lacedemonian tribes had their own standard shields as described by Mr Stefanos Skarmintzos.

12. The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Hey dudes, stop with the gesses ok.

Many vases and paintings show that. Do yourselves a favor and buy some Osprey books.

Conventional hoplite war was with armor and akontistai had no armor. I´m not telling you it should be different.

Marines fought at sea with no armor or linothorax at maximum, and with swords, but since Greek ships could not stay at sea for more than one or two days becuase they used to get floded, marines had to dress theirselves with their armor and had secure it or they had to pillage for food at night and, in this case, of course they were armored at their maximum.

However, armor was not provided by the state, unless for the elites and the Spartans so they had to fight with their families possessions and a set of armor was very expensive.

So, besides the use or armor among the hoplites was common, not wearing it was not uncommon either.

So, my suggestion was to only simulate those few unarmored ones somehow.

I don´t know why you are complaining that much kids. Lynores has already done that with the Spartans. Why don´t you take a look at their troop tree?

Spartan Youth (unarmored) -> Spartan Spearman (unarmored) -> Spartan Hoplite (linothorax) -> Spartan Heavy Hoplite (linothorax - I think it should be cuirass) -> Spartan Officer (cuirass)

BTW, the Spartan champions you like so much were only 2 guys (not a whole army) who were the king´s (not any officer) bodyguards in addition to the 300 somatophilakes. They were chosen among olympic champions indeed.
  13. Faction Research: Odrysian Kingdom

Here you go...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SSAZZ4YT

14. Beta Project Development (picture heavy)

Asked for more Illyrian references?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZ4US83K

I´ve also found something cool about the evolution of helmets

Plus an old research of mine
  15. The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

17 - The low tier hoplites and soldiers. Many vases, paintingd etc show naked warriors fighting. I don´t want to see naked  people, but half exomis hoplites. It seems too simple to me to make the troop trees with 3 kinds of hoplites for everyone: 1-wearing half exomis, 2-wearing linothorax, 3-wearing cuirass. Wearing half exomis will not make them too easy to beat IF the stats are well balanced.
    18 - Marines should wear half exomis and linothoraxes at maximum and they prefered swords to spears because they needed to keep their balance over the waves and they had to swim should they fall to the sea.
Back
Top Bottom