Recent content by Pijus

1. Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

The Heraldic symbol is called "Vytis" which also is a word meaning "to chase" (modern Lithuanian). In the old days it was a name of a 3 cavalry man formation when they form a triangle with horses riding side to side (more so than usual, that's why only 3. More would end up tripping themselves). For that aristocratic family symbol we have those pillars (left banner in the cavalry photo) which represented the main ruling family/lineage.
    And for Varena it's actually Varėna. We have non Latin characters which get dropped most of the time, so when you add them things change :grin:
    Jonava - Jelkala is closer but it's just too many "L" in a word it sounds weird.
  2. Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

Look at their place names, it's clearly Lithuanian-inspired. If Jelkala, Veluca and Yalen were called Iogola, Velocca and Ialenna, then maybe, but the sound of the placenames is so characteristically Lithuanian that they can't have been inspired ORIGINALLY (originally) by anything else.
    I'm Lithuanian and during all the hours I played warband Rhodoks never reminded me of Lithuania in any way. Town names sound nothing like Lithuanian words with the exception of "Maras Castle" ,"Maras" means "plague" I always found it funny :grin: And "Nemeja" is closest thing I can find that sounds somewhat Lithuanian (it belongs to Swadia btw). Otherwise the rhythm of the words, vowels used and word endings clash too much for them to be Lithuanian. Our words are formed and changed a lot by word endings parts of the word added in front.
    In other respects the main thing that clashes is the terrain. We don't have any mountains here :/ no hills, etc I can see several (~5) Km in any direction since everything's flat and in a forest. Also it's too cold for grapes here :grin:

On a military side note our old soldier shields were wide, though they resembled Roman tower shields.
    Lithuanian_soldiers_%2814-15c_reconstruction%29_2.jpg

Our main pride and joy was cavalry though:
    zalgirio-musis-2012-kam-d-babensko-nuotr.jpg

This is why cavalry is on our coat of arms and on coins to this very day. Of course we had spear-men (everyone did) though I don't recall crosbows being widely known back here. I'm sure they were used they just didn't leave such a mark on hour culture.
  3. [Suggestion] TW NEEDS to add a pseudo-MMORTS persistent multiplayer campaign mode!

No.
    They haven't even finished SP yet and it will take them a year. Afterwards (or at the same time) M&B already has a MP community and there needs to be fixes/patches to make classic MP work (with tournaments, etc.). Even after that if they would consider something foolish like this it would mean less attention to SP and classic MP so we would lose one of the few good SP games left :/
    If you want to play with friends go play some other game, let us have our SP. If you say that MMORPG would be different than simply SP + Friends then your argument that it will be easy development falls apart since it would mean a lot more extra features :/
  4. What's your favourite weapon?

I prefer one/two handed sword + shield (to close in towards enemies) + throwing weapons. Simple but effective :smile:
  5. How do I order my troops to use specific siege equipment?

It does change to that blue gear thingy (like it does for the ram) when I hover over siege towers but either AI is too buggy or I'm somehow doing it wrong since my troops just end up either ignoring the order entirely or just staring at the siege engine like a bunch of kittens at a can of cat food :grin:
  6. How do I order my troops to use specific siege equipment?

Hey guys, How can I order part of my troops (a squad, or all of them) to use only battering ram or only siege tower, while ignoring other siege equipment? I want to move in through one side of the castle (sometimes braking the gate). But if I order "charge" they run off towards ladders without...
  7. Fix the Economy by Removing Pack Animals and Bring Back Inventory Management

Please no more inventory management BS from Warband. Current inventory is for me the best part of Bannerlord. It was idiotic that me having 100 army I couldn't manage to carry extra 12 pairs of gauntlets or helmets.

I wouldn't mind speed balances for very heavy loads or something along those lines, just nothing resembling Tetris :/
  8. Little advice for developers.

This isn't a bug, if you want to give your opinion about the game or tips for devs do it in the regular forum. This is for actual bugs (game crashed, video is broken, etc.).
  9. Resolved [Beta 1.2.0] Army resting in town lord hall

When an army rests in town and you try to enter the lord hall a lot of the lords are spawned in the same place. This is in Galend with I think all of the Vlandian lords in it at the same time (Detheret created an army with everyone while we have no wars :/ so it just wanders aimlessly).
  10. Poll to bring attention on dialect

I think he's sending secret messages asking for help. Maybe he's being held somewhere against his will?
    Or google translator + drugs either way I had my fill of confusion for the day....
  11. Beta Branch e1.1.0

Awesome :smile:
    Moving to weekly patches means we're making progress :grin:
    And quite a lot of progress actually 2.3 GB :shock:
    Looking forward to crashing beta :grin:
  12. If the Taleworld devs don't start paying attention to Multiplayer as much as they do Singleplayer, I will refund the game.

Dude is just disappointed, which quite understandable considering how bland current MP is. I gave up with MP during last week of beta, but not everybody knew how unfinished it truly was, before buying it.

Yeah, especially after waiting so long it's understandable that some people will have very high expectations. But it's not TW problem that people hyped it up for themselves and didn't read the warning signs.
    I hope that after a couple of months of putting out fires and some features MP will also be sorted out since it would be a shame if part of the community would be left overboard, just some understanding from their side (like most MP players that do post actually) would be helpful for all of us :smile:
  13. If the Taleworld devs don't start paying attention to Multiplayer as much as they do Singleplayer, I will refund the game.

And they say MP community is toxic...

SP community is toxic primarily when MP guys come over :grin: or someone doesn't understand what EA means and threatens a refund.

and yeah the bottom line is that 0.5% figure stated previously (MP users). It might well be that there are currently more people who cant even launch/play the game properly because it crashes then there are active MP people. Priorities are set by user base.
  14. Patch Notes e1.0.10

Nice work :smile:
  15. If the Taleworld devs don't start paying attention to Multiplayer as much as they do Singleplayer, I will refund the game.

I think both should get focus but sure man, whatever.
    [/QUOTE]

If you're focusing on everything then you're not focusing :/ you can't focus on everything that's just not how it works.
    Give it a couple of weeks, they're doing stability and crashing fixes with some SP patches as well for now. First priority is for people to actually launch the game then being able to stably run SP then MP (since fixing first two will give base for MP also).
Back
Top Bottom