Recent content by Phoenix VII

1. Phoenix VII

Did I lose my village because the nearby town was conquered?

Every village on the map is associated with a nearby castle or town. When the town or castle they're associated with falls, so do they.
  2. Phoenix VII

Is it important to control arguing between companions?

Sir Shrek said:
    Deshavi is my engineer and Katrin is my doctor. I like Lezalit because he starts with Trainer trained to 4. Next time, I'll use Jeremus as doctor and train him as engineer. Deshavi is the best scout, I think. What's the reason for needing the companions who don't have INT skills? Are they only there so they can be sent out as emissaries? How do I do that? When I talk with them, that is not an option.
    You can't send out emissaries until you become an independent faction leader. Afterwards, you can talk to your minister and send them out as emissaries.
  3. Phoenix VII

Starting my own faction

You can try loading an older save. Or, if you don't have one you can go to the Warband Savegames folder that's in Documents, look for last_savegame_backup.sav and rename the file to sg**.sav (xx can be any number from 00-0:cool:, and if you're lucky it will let you restore to a point before you rebelled from Swadia so you can try again.
  4. Phoenix VII

Revolt against your king

From my experience, you won't get the option if you take several fiefs at once before your king gets a chance to hand any of them out, but you should get the option to rebel if you've only captured one fief and your king refuses to give it to you.
  5. Phoenix VII

Horses aren't worth it, plz make it not so.

IMO, the mounts are fine, the problem is with some of the mounted units. The light cavalry are fine, but noble cavalry (Riglachs, Toisechs, Frankish Horsemen [?, they wear mail so I'm guessing they're nobles]) are rather underwhelming. They're supposed to be heavy cavalry (by that period's standards anyway) but aside from a spear they only carry a seaxe or knife which aren't all that great in melee, when, being nobles they should use swords, IMO. As things stand, noble cavalry are only good in a charge and will get wiped out soon after their charge loses momentum even when the enemy is fighting your infantry at the same time while, in comparison, 20-30 Old Captains charging an enemy shieldwall from behind while they're similarly occupied by your infantry are devastating since they use swords.

This is what I've noticed in 1.04 anyways. Apologies if RE already addresses this.
  6. Phoenix VII

Forming original Calradia

Ask the vassals of one of the kingdoms you want to help for a quest and some of them will offer to hire you as a mercenary as long as their faction is at war. As a mercenary, you get paid each week based on how large your party is and have a chance to terminate the contract every 30 days.
  7. Phoenix VII

2 small questions

? The alternative path is generally the best path as long as you're training Level 2 troops. The normal path will cause them to upgrade into spearmen while the alternative path will have them upgrade into melee troops (axe and shield). You also need the alternative path if you want to train Level 1 troops into skirmishers.
    2) I talked Lord about his daughter and he said its too early to talk about it. I raised relations to 40 and tried again and my character ends up saying never mind. Do i have to wait some time before asking again ?
    The chances for acceptance are somewhat random and also based on your charisma, IIRC.
  8. Phoenix VII

Battlesize

I've found that increasing the render_buffer_size seems to help with fps drops (not so sure about average fps though). 384 and 512 should be safe sizes to try.
  9. Phoenix VII

Looking to start a let's play

I don't think either way would really matter. If you want to have an interesting LP, I think limiting yourself to the troops of your faction+mercs+sword sisters will help more since most Native LPs use the usual OP mix of troops (Swadian Knights+Norse Huscarls+Rhodok Sharpshooters/Vaegir Marksmen).
  10. Phoenix VII

Companions vs Lords

Many lords, at least those with debauched and quarrelsome personalities complain when you make a commoner into a lord and I got the same complaints when I made Bodo into a lord. I haven't heard any complaints from upstanding, martial, calculating, or pitiless lords yet though.

I'm kind of hoping that someone eventually comes up with a list that mentions which lords are commoners and which lords are noble though because I was planning to make Helgi into a vassal before reading your post since I though he was a noble. From what I can tell, the lords with better personalities don't seem to mind who you make into a lord, but I haven't seen Bodo join a campaign yet which makes think that commoner lords might not have the right personality for joining campaigns which would make them less useful compared to the alternatives.
  11. Phoenix VII

Tone down the amount of Raiders/Ruffians roaming about.

Phalnax811 said:
    Yes. I think waiting about 8 months (and about 30 hours playtime) to review a game is quite fair. Don't you think? Good.
    Not if it's a beta and 1.04 didn't have anywhere near the number of Outlaws that the RE beta has. You're basically penalizing a team that chose to do an open beta so they can get more testing done than would otherwise be possible.
  12. Phoenix VII

Companions vs Lords

Just to let you know, companions that have high enough Leadership (ideally 7-10) and Level (20 and above) should have about the same number of troops as regular lords assuming the fiefs are equal from what I've seen.
  13. Phoenix VII

Only slow motion cheat?

The closest you can come to it, which isn't much, is to hit Esc, go to Options, and turn Battle Speed down to Slowest.
  14. Phoenix VII

How to fix relationship with lords after you kill a lord

There'a bug in Brytenwalda Native where lords of defeated factions wouldn't defect and stick to patrolling around your fiefs instead. This bug was fixed in Brytenwalda Repolished. There's also a fix posted here for Brytenwalda Native.
  15. Phoenix VII

Largest Stable Companion parties chart please?

The charts look good. Is there also a list of which companions are nobles or not? I just found out the hard way that Bodo isn't a noble even though it sounded like from dialogue that he was (granted, he never explicitly said he was).
Back
Top Bottom