Recent content by PeteSKTemplar

1. PeteSKTemplar

I think making money in Bannerlord is too easy

For me it seems kind of a trolling thread too (or too shallow) for it is not that simple imo. Ofc one can go after big money but in that time his kingdom he wishes to join is on few cities quite often, but workshops are terrible imo, most 0 income and are overpriced, and even when finally some workshop make money one raid stops that for long time.

I could imagine some investment in "neutral company" caravans so even in a war they should be relatively safe but from bandits, smithies could have trainers able for coin to teach a player some new "recipes" logically culturally thypical (Sturgians axes, Khergit lances, Aserai javelines etc, perhaps imperial armors).

Loot could be imo more reliable when in small amount but with huge inflation when big loot is being sold, perhaps "black market" at bandit places if not being attacked by a player.

Right now what I miss the most is export/import character for while I level up my char and get some skills, wealth and army my would be faction too often is very low in few years. While there might be some balance (hopefully in future) until then I would prefer to start fresh but with good char I exported.
  2. PeteSKTemplar

Sturgian Nobles

Thematically I think Druzhina should be mounted, but it would be cool if the Glaive was taken from the Khuzait Khan's Guard and given to them. Or if they got a bardiche or two-handed axe and used that from horseback.
    It would be "in line" with Warband (as later age) where Veagir knights had bardiche equiped, though why they should not have shields, it is imo like with cataphracts they use that ancient lance but still can switch to shield. Though AI should get script to use shields rather when under fire instead of twohanded weapon.
  3. PeteSKTemplar

Troops that need changing in the near future

He is implying spears are a peasant weapon.
    I wanted to let it go but seeing this I rather clarify I meant that rich troops (elite) had much better gear than "peasants" but not just gear - armor but also weapons but not just better version of a weapon but more different weapons (classes).

When reading historical accounts of battles too often I can read how elite troops were used in situations where it was not about their primary role but being used as most flexible unit to "firefight" bad situation on battlefield. Battles were more often won by flexible reaction to unexpected event than just scissor paper brawl of who has more x, y, z units.

This is typical for all ages. That is historical reason but from gameplay I just do not like to see dismounted troops with useless lances or not having shield because they have same number of slots as regular footman who often is much more flexible than supposed to be elite (as I mentioned even looters are quite flexible because of stones they have) because beint mounted their short mele weapon is useless for ai do not know to hit from horseback having short weapon similarily as not able to use spears properly when on foot.

If the gameplay was that mounted troops can hit with short weapons normaly and foot troops using lances, spears as supposed to then these same 4 slots for mounted or foot soldier would not be big issue from gameplay angle of view imo. But nwm, it has been even in warband issue who am I to have it changed radically:smile:
  4. PeteSKTemplar

Why should elite troops be armed like peasants then? Like one long weapon - fork and one short knife, oh well even looters have stones so they are more flexible than many elites. Those elites were not like today "elites" :razz:.
  5. PeteSKTemplar

The cataphract's weapons included:

• Composite bow: Same as that carried by the Toxotai.
    • Kontarion: or lance, slightly shorter and less thick than that used by the skutatoi which could also be thrown like a pilum.
    • Spathion: Also identical to the infantry weapon.
    • Dagger: Sometimes referred to as a "Machaira"
    • Battle axe: Usually strapped to the saddle as a backup weapon and tool.
    • ofc arrows for bow

That is just one example for historical reason but also gameplay what I´ ll try to describe:
    Right now most melee mounted troops are geared quite purely, especially if they are dismounted their lances are useless, Even worse case are "medium" cavalry having short spear not good from horseback, one bag of not efficient javelins (besides jarids) and useless short melee weapon good only when dismounted.

If ai could fight with spears more like RL not what we have perhaps those slots would not be that missing, same for most throwing weapons. But spear fighting was broken in warband too so I do not expect to have it good in BL especially while all that beta time did nothing to make spear units usefull besides occasionally countering cavalry.
  6. PeteSKTemplar

I wouldn't be against it as a feature that's only available for the player and maybe companions/lords, but such a change would either make the cavalry troops radically more powerful due to having much more versatility (and likely more ammunition for horse archers and cav skirmishers) or more likely bug their AI out in some way and break them into becoming useless. Just making spears function better is more healthy for the game.
    I play mostly as Sturgia and my hopes were that if those raiders had one or two more slots for weapons they would be great. But having short axe and not very long spear and just one bag of (practically overnerfed and unprecise) javelins is too much kind the worst of all choices mixed. Another issue is real history just look at normal gear a rider had on him and on horse - mounted arsenal. (When thinking about Imperial faction for example bucelarus having another slot for shield and spear, even cataphracts were famous of being able to shoot prior to melee clash.)

I also would like to have spears working more to RL instead of almost useless weapon, javelin was nerfed too much IMO and who fears trowing axes?!
  7. PeteSKTemplar

Was an idea to give a horse one or two slots for weapons scrapped?

It would be much more easier to make cavalry more flexible with two more slots like for a lance, or another quiver or javelin bag or shield.

While in the siege those units would be more helpfull leaving lances and long spears behind and having rather shield for example.
  8. PeteSKTemplar

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Archers should be more supporting unit in case of facing heavier units who have fine armor in sense of demoralizing enemy with those arrows while not making much damage but causing stress and lowering morale if enemy has no answer and those arrows still keep and keep coming.

I do hope a patch fixing those chaotic (with no good reason) leaving clans of a faction comes soon.
  9. PeteSKTemplar

Blacksmithing

Yeap, from what I read here about compagnions beig passive or problems with sieges then bs is not that much important right now it seems.
  10. PeteSKTemplar

Blacksmithing

Ok, I have tried to buy the best (most expensive) twohanded axes from town (Sturgia - I got 3 expensive axes) and few polearms costing me around 500 k of gold and smelted those and wow finaly I got first unlocks for heads for twohanded axes and handle/s (I do not remember now whether 1 or two) and also polearms blade I had none new unlocked yet, so it works (unlocks) just price is really something. On the other hand it is quite often possible to get message of receiving empty unlock what is strange suggesting some mismatch perhaps between datas of unlocks. Ofc I did not save game with such throwing away such money (aint printing yet :smile:) but at least I know it is working though could be better.
  11. PeteSKTemplar

Blacksmithing

I have finally bs 275 and end point chosen but I have no unlock for twohanded axe though I did all twohanded axe orders from towns wherever I could find. Often I just have got message I got empty unlock for twohanded axe. Also polearms unlock were just few and none for pike. Old system gave us random unlocks but slowly I got many from all types of weapons now it is few tier 2 unlocks only trowing axe tier 3 unlocks (2) and that is while geting 275 bs skill mostly from orders for sure not much from refining. I will not use bs again until something is improved.
  12. PeteSKTemplar

Is there anything more satisfying?

For me, there's nothing more satisfying than riding at the top of a siege tower and, as soon as its "docked", dropping the ramp and showering the awaiting troops with Javelins. Those things are so OP, but oh my god it's beautiful!
    Would it be trolling if devs made balistas able to lock at closing tower and there would be different "javelins" from opposite side?:smile:
  13. PeteSKTemplar

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

@Duh_TaleWorlds Have you guys actually tested smithing?
    It feels like you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't make it such a tedious process. It takes way too long to unlock any parts, I must have made a 100 2h axes and so far i only unlocked a few pommels, no axe heads or handles - and that's with perks for faster unlocking on smithing and smelting.
    It feels like a full time job now instead of a fun mechanic. Please change this.
    I have totally same exp, while other skills are going up finally really good but BS opposite. I did not seek BS to get unlimited money just those points to ctrl and end (225 needed, I have 170 but giving up for unlocks are not unlocking).
  14. PeteSKTemplar

Haven't played since October

1.8 worth it or nah?
    Imo wait for fix hopefully soon to get eco which was overworked but with new bugs (that where fix is needed), also armor finally has been bit improved - latest armors not lower tiers though shooting is still pain hopefully effective range of range dmg will get tonned down against heavy armors sometime.

Biggest improvement for me is that finally leveling skill is much more straithforward for those penalties like cut dmg for atletics was bad only pierce was effective finally does not matter (in couple of hours a new char has 225 atl). Also others skills like leadership and engineering is faster (supposed to be).
  15. PeteSKTemplar

Why are the horses smaller than they should be?

Ancient Medes already were known for big horses to which big horses we have now (at least some) have genetic connection (heretage).
Back
Top Bottom