Recent content by Outremer

1. Next (unnamed) project discussion.

Angevin period would be very cool to do.  Angevin empire, "France",  HRE and the Papal states in N. Italy, and, of course, Outremer :smile:
  2. New Project Screenshots

I don't know if you consider it important or not, but the sword used by your viking in your first pic dates to a period much later than when the "vikings" were a significant player.
  3. real armours mod

Drives me nuts not having historically authentic gear in the game.  Your work is amazing...

Any intention of sharing? :smile:
  4. Native OSP 3D Art Unique Armoury 1.1 (Litchina)

What was that nordic sword based on?  Looks like it takes a few elements from different periods and throws em all together.  Just curious if there was a historical reference for it.
  5. Native OSP 3D Art Unique Armoury 1.1 (Litchina)

Talak said:
    Thanks.  I've decreased it's size a little since that pic.  I'll add it to the mod soon, I'm just working on a norman helm with aventail at the moment which I want to add as well.
    Here's a work in progress pic:
    aventail_progress.jpg

Edit:  Only trouble is that beards are going to clip through.  Pity there isn't an option to disable beards for certain helms.  I might have to make a loose aventail.

Thats gonna look great when you skin it.  It easy enough to turn off your dude's beard in game, you just click on your character's picture in the stat screen.

Thinking of doing some transitionary 14th century stuff? 

tranfull.JPG
  6. Native OSP 3D Art Unique Armoury 1.1 (Litchina)

Nordmann said:
    I'd say you've done something stupid.

LOL.
  7. Historically accurate 12th century arms & armour... (pic heavy)

That looks great, but...

:smile:

Shouldn't be skin on skin, dude.  Imagine that, wearing iron links against your face and trying to fight.  It didn't happen that way.  The ventail was, basically, a bigass chinstrap that had a lot of padding behind it (like the rest of the coif).  I applaud your effort, but it isn't quite right yet.  Consider how the ventail may have "swung" when detached, and apply that concept to the model when it is in hook. 

I very much doubt it was tied, that would take too long and I'm sure you wouldn't want it up for most of the time.  There was probably a latch of some sort...

Either way, its the best I've seen in a game yet (not withstanding the fishtail nasal..wtf?)

8. Logitech G5 Mouse, Wings3d problem.

I can't get the middle mouse button to make it scroll and rotate around freely.  Very hard to model if I can't easily view everything. Any ideas?
  9. Historically accurate 12th century arms & armour... (pic heavy)

I should be studying for an extremely difficult mid-term tomorrow...but....do you have a link? :smile:
  10. Historically accurate 12th century arms & armour... (pic heavy)

Properly done you already have a wide variety of armor types and traditions. You have Western Europeans (Angevins, Capetians, Spainish), Moorish Muslims, Italian Genoese (Merchants and excellent Crossbowmen), German (HRE) experiments with traditional armour & weapon types, Byzantine classical traditions w/"greek fire", Seljuk calvary, Egyptian Naft, Outremer's turcapoles, etc :smile:  Just briefly going over the geographical and historical context you can see the tremendous variety. 

Extend the map, or extend the period a little and you also have the Mongols.

I have detailed research on all these groups, so although I don't have the ability to get down and dirty with the modding itself (I guess I could learn), I can help a lot with core concepts and authenticity with arms and armour. 
  11. Historically accurate 12th century arms & armour... (pic heavy)

The 12th century is my favorite period.  I have absolutely no artistic skill, but I'm decent when it comes to research.  I've collected a small group of pics depicting arms and armour as they existed in the 12th century.  I would love to help in any capacity to see this period accurately...
  12. Native OSP 3D Art Unique Armoury 1.1 (Litchina)

Keeping in line with my other suggestions regarding historically authentic gear, would it be possible to create a shield typically used by "elite" infantry in the mid 12th century?  The "teardrop" shield currently in the game was more widely used by Norman calvary, as it best protected the legs.  A longer shield was used by infantry and instead of being flat, it curved around the bearer. 

250px-Geoffrey_of_Anjou_Monument.jpg

Note the length of the shield.  It extends to his ankles and the top portion of the shield curves around his body.  The curvature is similar in design to this later 13th century shield
    Medieval-Shields-Designs-Bowed.gif

Later 12th century shields are represented in the game already:
    pic_shield15_s.jpg

I was hoping to get something more mid-12th century for the higher-classed infantry.  Round shields were still being used at this time by the majority of infantry, however.
  13. Native OSP 3D Art Unique Armoury 1.1 (Litchina)

Can I request a coif that includes a ventail?

One of the few reenactors out there with a decent chainmail kit:

2445904696_e8f9542379_b.jpg

Coif should look a little more like this though, cover up the mouth:
    images
  14. Historical Arms & Armour

Like movies about the medieval period, games tend to get the arms and armour mostly right, but there is always much left undone.  Chainmail coifs tend to rest straight on the head with no arming cap underneath, ventails (chainmail flaps covering the face below the nose ) tend to be left out...
Back
Top Bottom